New Pelican-based Luggage System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CaribouCases, Oct 28, 2005.

1. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
    Introducing the new Caribou side luggage systems for the Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L !!! Featuring our 25L, 35L and 40L side luggage systems and utilizing the super tough Hepco Becker side racks. Note that these are regular HB side racks, not the removable "Lock-It' style, so the cost is much better. Great price, in stock, and ready to ship. To order visit http://cariboucases.com/-What-Fits-My-Bike/Honda-Africa-Twin-CRF1000L/
    Photos to follow soon.

Thank you!
  2. ubermick

ubermick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Roger, question - I have a set of your luggage, but sold the bike I used them on, and was going to pass them onto another inmate. Was wondering about the lifetime warranty - in the very unlikely event he had an issue with them down the road, would he be able to come to you with issues?
  3. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    If he had an issue with the case, no problem. He can just contact us and we'll take care of it with Pelican, SKB or B&W.

-rog
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  5. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
  6. bigtex

bigtex Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer:
  7. DaMonk45

DaMonk45 I B Da Monk

Oddometer:
    Is that a tiger they are on?
  8. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
  9. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    OK Bill, seriously, there is an interference with our latch and the passenger grab rail. I think you need to add some long spacers to make it work. I have had customers do this.
  10. bigtex

bigtex Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer:
    Yes, 2104 Tiger 800XC, 25l top opening cases.
  11. DaMonk45

DaMonk45 I B Da Monk

Oddometer:
    Thought so but I was not sure.
    Good Looking setup!
  12. CiscoSF

CiscoSF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you still sell LED light bars?
  13. Backroader1983

Backroader1983 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can someone convince me that the cost of a IM2600 system is worth the $900 (w/ shipping)? For an extra $100 I can afford the Givi Trekker Outback system from TwistedThrottle. When the price between aluminum and Pelican are that close, is it worth it to spend a little more???
  14. DaMonk45

DaMonk45 I B Da Monk

Oddometer:
    I know several guys who have destroyed Givi stuff. I know of 0 who have destroyed pelican stuff.
    All depends on what kind of riding you do and where.
    Are you going to throw the bike down in the rocks, gravel and dirt? If not the givi stuff will probably work fine.
    Jettn Jim likes this.
  15. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    I can vouch for the Pelican's toughness!!! 93,000 miles with Pelicans still using Rogers, locks, retainers, straps and top plate system. Swapped between 6-8 different cases. I caan say that I have destroyed 2 cases in all those miles and it takes crashing in excess of 70mph and or hitting something 'HARD' like the edge of a bridge at speed to do it! Breaking the hinge is the worst scenario and rare.:nod Semi hard crashes usually result in just scratches, very hard crashes and or sliding down the asphalt a ways, may requires some two part bumper epoxy from an auto body supply, to fill the missing area. Have done this repair a couple of times... :wink: One crash over a 50ft 45degree embankment had the bike hitting the trees so hard that the left side pelican slid forward 1.5" on the 8mm bolts, they cut through it like butter. I just pulled the bolts out reinserted them in the original holes and epoxied the slices up, still using the case today. I couldn't even count how many aluminum cases I might have went through in all those miles and crashes. All in all the Pelicans are nearly indestructible... I've been meaning to give Roger a shout out for a while now, as to the handiness of his Pelican systems so here it is. Thank you Rog and Cheers :beer!!!

Jim
    ShenandoahRider and PYG RYDR like this.
  16. PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR Adventure-Dual Sport

Oddometer:
    Jim,

Good to hear about the durability of Roger's cases!

Ride safe!
  17. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Your welcome and thank you. I was trying to get some info out to Backroader1983:D
  18. DaMonk45

DaMonk45 I B Da Monk

Oddometer:
    Backroader, That is the first set of Givi cases, what about the second or the third? Its been proven many times the pelican's are just about bullet proof.
    If one of your givi's get beat up will you be ok with it or want to replace it? Most guys with the pelicans are happy about the scars. Gives them a well used look I think.
    Jettn Jim likes this.
  19. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Thank you folks for chiming in on the durability and value of a Pelican luggage system. Remember, it is not just the cases but the side racks (we use Hepco Becker, excellent strength and durability) and the proven Caribou mounting system. We also stand behind the products with the best warranty in the business. Thank you for looking into our products. Let me know if you have any questions, glad to help.

-roger
    Jettn Jim likes this.
  20. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    Perhaps this has been mentioned somewhere in this very long thread or elsewhere but I'll add this in the event that someone else needs to tighten up the compression latch on the bracket that mounts it to the case. The latch is held on to the bracket by a large nut that is very hard to get an open end wrench or a socket on. I found that a 27mm or 1-1/16" 12 point ring spanner will slip over the clinch mechanism to get the the nut and with 12 points there is enough swing space for the wrench through the narrow gap in the bracket to turn the nut.

Great product. I sure that my wife would have seriously damaged most other cases in her several tipovers.