New Pelican-based Luggage System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CaribouCases, Oct 28, 2005.

1. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
    I visited Foothills BMW in Denver a few days ago to take a look at the new BMW F850GS and F750GS. My first impression is that they look a little bigger, wider in the tank and front area than the F800GS/F700GS. Not a terrible thing, just a little bigger than I expected. Looking closely at the frame and components I was impressed with some refinement over the older models, this bike is very well put together and it looks great. As a luggage guy what I really like about this bike is the rear tail section. Finally we have a good size strong platform back there to work with, well done BMW...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hepco Becker tells me they will have the side racks available in a couple of weeks, and our top cases are in the works, so we'll have all our luggage options available soon. Big thanks to Foothills BMW, over the years (decade actually) they have been great about letting me have access to the bikes, and in my personal experience it is a great place to buy a bike. BTW - I did not get to test ride due to the lingering pain from my foot surgery earlier this year. When I can ride again I'll write it up. Thanks!

-rog
  2. SCutchins

SCutchins n00b

Oddometer:
    Thinking about a top case for my 1290 SAR. I want to fit an adv helmet, will the 35 work or should I go 40?

How easy is the plate to remove once installed?
  3. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
    Only our 34 Liter top case fits a helmet, the other cases are not deep enough. The 34 Liter case is more of a cube shape.

The cargo plate that the case latches on and off of is typically bolted to the tail section of the bike with at least 4 bolts, so depending on the bike it would take at least 10-20 minutes to remove the plate.