New Pelican-based Luggage System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CaribouCases, Oct 28, 2005.

1. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
    I visited Foothills BMW in Denver a few days ago to take a look at the new BMW F850GS and F750GS. My first impression is that they look a little bigger, wider in the tank and front area than the F800GS/F700GS. Not a terrible thing, just a little bigger than I expected. Looking closely at the frame and components I was impressed with some refinement over the older models, this bike is very well put together and it looks great. As a luggage guy what I really like about this bike is the rear tail section. Finally we have a good size strong platform back there to work with, well done BMW...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hepco Becker tells me they will have the side racks available in a couple of weeks, and our top cases are in the works, so we'll have all our luggage options available soon. Big thanks to Foothills BMW, over the years (decade actually) they have been great about letting me have access to the bikes, and in my personal experience it is a great place to buy a bike. BTW - I did not get to test ride due to the lingering pain from my foot surgery earlier this year. When I can ride again I'll write it up. Thanks!

-rog
  2. SCutchins

SCutchins Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thinking about a top case for my 1290 SAR. I want to fit an adv helmet, will the 35 work or should I go 40?

How easy is the plate to remove once installed?
  3. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Only our 34 Liter top case fits a helmet, the other cases are not deep enough. The 34 Liter case is more of a cube shape.

The cargo plate that the case latches on and off of is typically bolted to the tail section of the bike with at least 4 bolts, so depending on the bike it would take at least 10-20 minutes to remove the plate.
  4. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Caribou side case systems for the new BMW F850GS and F750GS are now available on our web site here... http://cariboucases.com/what-fits-my-bike/bmw-f850gs/
    and here... http://cariboucases.com/what-fits-my-bike/bmw-f750gs/

Pelican/Storm 35 Liter (per case), SKB 40 Liter, Pelican Storm 25 Liter Top Loading, and Commando soft bag pannier systems are now in stock. All based on waterproof and super tough cases.

The Hepco Becker side racks we use in our complete systems are also available here... http://cariboucases.com/Side-Luggage-Racks-Only/BMW-F850GS-F750GS-Side-Luggage-Racks.html

Thank you!

-roger
    29yankee likes this.
  5. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Hello ADVriders, we need to finish up a couple of top case mounts. Basically do final fit and take some photos in exchange for a 50% discount off regular price for a top case system. The bikes are the BMW G310GS and the BMW F750GS/F850GS. Anyone in the north SF Bay area that would like to take advantage of this offer please contact us at sales@cariboucases.com. Take a nice ride up the coast, hang a right on Bodega Highway (maybe after having a bowl of chowder at the Fishatarian) and to our place in Sebastopol for an hour or so. Thank you all for your support!

-roger
  6. christophebp

christophebp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Caribou team,
    I'm planning a multi week ride in Europe this summer and my brother just secured a 2003 VStrom 1000 for my trip. The bike is now waiting for me in my brother's garage in France.
    The bike is equipped with Givi Monokey Side.

Can you confirm that these would work?
    https://cariboucases.com/Side-Lugga...-Luggage-Panniers-for-Givi-Monokey-Racks.html

If not, would you have an alternative?
    Thanks!
    Christophe
  7. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    Ask Caribou directly or call them. They are very responsive
  8. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Hi Christophe,

No problem, should work fine. Thank you.

-roger
  9. christophebp

christophebp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Roger!
  10. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Top case systems for the BMW R1250GS, F850GS, F850GS Adventure, F750GS, and G310GS are now available to order from our web site at www.cariboucases.com or call us at 707-861-2760. Sizes include 25, 34, 35 and 40 liter. If all you need is a nice cargo plate we have those too...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big thanks to the nice people at Concord BMW motorcycles, great place in the CA SF Bay Area.

Thank you and have a great riding season!

-roger
  11. Avid Dabbler

Avid Dabbler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How did you attach the case to your g650gs. did you have to purchase a bracket for it?
  12. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    We offer a complete rear top case system for the G650GS that includes the cargo plate and all the bike-specific mounting hardware in addition to the case and quick attach/release hardware.

-rog
  13. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    We have a new and improved 34 liter top case in stock and ready to ship. This is the one case we have that is tall enough to fit a full helmet of any size with some room to spare. The new version is made of a tough plastic very similar to our other Pelican cases, pretty much indestructible and totally waterproof. It is a great looking case...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We've changed to the external quick attach/release system we use on all our products (previously we used internal quarter turn fasteners for the 34L case). On and off the bike in seconds and your gear stays safe and dry no matter what...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This top case system fits all the popular Adventure Touring bikes from BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Triumph. Also available are Universal kits if you have a bike not listed and are handy. Please visit our site at cariboucases.com for more information and to order. Thank you!
    Oilhed likes this.
  14. dano619

dano619 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looked on your web site for "contact us"....didn't see anything.....

Question, what is the ETA for the KTM 790 luggage?

Thanks!!
  15. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    @CaribouCases I love this new top case. I now ride a HD Police Road King. Both big HD Police bikes come with a unique but versatile rear rack. I think they could be a match made in heaven.
  16. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Hi Dano,

We have an "about us" page and all the contact info on the home page as well. The side luggage system for the KTM 790 Adventure is looking about 3 weeks out. For the top case we need a local bike or get to the dealer to take the measurements. Should be getting this done in about 2-3 weeks as well. Thanks for checking in.
    -rog
    dano619 likes this.
  17. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Thanks oilhead, I wonder if the police version of the bike has a different/custom rear tail rack than the rest of them? I'll look into it, could be a good opportunity. Thank you.
    -rog
  18. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    It does. It's just a big flat rectangle with a bunch of holes & slots. Check out @Kevm pics. He's posted his plenty of times.

35BAE644-3EC3-49E3-82E2-104DFB0AF3D7.jpeg
  19. Davidprej

Davidprej Davidprej Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a reason side panniers are mounted tilted forward? Seems to me that parallel to the ground would be better.
  20. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    It depends on the bike. Some are parallel to the ground (when the rider is on the bike), and most of the time the top of the case is aligned with the top of the passenger seat area. When the rider is off the bike and the bike is on the side stand or center stand the angle is exaggerated because the suspension is fully extended (back of the bike sticks up). You may also see pics of our systems where the cases were drilled by the customer the way they wanted them. Today most of our side case systems have the top of the case at about the same plane made by the passenger seat.
    Davidprej likes this.