New Pelican-based Luggage System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CaribouCases, Oct 28, 2005.

1. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
    That would be great. Let me know when you are ready, thanks!
  2. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
  3. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    Roger:

I see pelican has come out with a new line of lighter weight "Pelican Air" cases ...
    supposed to be ~40% lighter ....
    have you had a chance to evaluate them for ADV luggage use?

Thanks,
    jim
  4. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Hi Jim,

Yes, I've looked at them. From a standpoint of dimensions, they are not exactly perfect for side cases. Also, many of these cases come with wheels and handles on the back making it difficult to drill and attach our hardware. There is also not a price advantage. Perhaps as a top case one of them would work. If we had some demand for them I might make it a product, but so far there have been no inquiries.

-roger
  5. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    Thanks Roger ...
    It looks like it might save 3 to 4 lbs... I was thinking it might be a bigger savings...

I might consider it for my next top case, do you think the construction is sufficiently robust, particularly with regard to water-resistance?
  6. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Yes, for a top case I think they are plenty strong. For our top case mount kit to fit there has to be a 10" x 10" flat area on the back of the case. Some cases have raised features (bars and ridges) that can get in the way. Let me know what model case you are considering.
  7. DSchrodt02

DSchrodt02 Adventurer

Oddometer:

He isn't kidding about some of the Pelican Air cases having some raised features. Here is a picture of the Pelican Air 1507. I also have a Pelican Air 1485 and it doesn't have these enlarged feet.

IMG_2296.JPG IMG_2298.JPG
  8. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    Thanks Roger!

It will be a winter project for me, I have your 1550-based top-case now, I'll see what AIR cases there are and think about it over beer this winter!
  9. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why, because our new Top Case Systems for the KTM 790 Adventure and KTM 790R are here!

Available in 25 liter, 34 liter (holds a helmet), and 35 liter sizes...
    [​IMG]
    https://cariboucases.com/What-Fits-...nd-790R-Caribou-25L-Rear-Top-Case-System.html

[​IMG]
    https://cariboucases.com/What-Fits-...nd-790R-35-Liter-Pelican-Top-Case-System.html

[​IMG]
    https://cariboucases.com/What-Fits-...790R-35-Liter-Storm-Rear-Top-Case-System.html

[​IMG]
    https://cariboucases.com/What-Fits-...0R-Caribou-34-Liter-Rear-Top-Case-System.html

Each complete system includes the case, locks, quick attach/release hardware, and cargo plate. You can also purchase the cargo plate alone and throw a soft bag on there with our tie downs and Rok Straps. Or, get our cargo plate and our top case DIY kit and use your own case. Many options.

Merry Christmas!
    [​IMG]
    No-Fret and slink like this.