New performance scooter and motorcycle parts distributor

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Belmont Nevada, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Belmont Nevada

Belmont Nevada www.RnDmoto.com

Oddometer:
    Hello, 30 years in the motorcycle business and 10 years in the scooter business, am now combining the two into one business and going performance parts only!
    Looking for feedback on website layout and what you're looking for as far as parts, models covered, delivery, etc!
    Website is www.RnDmoto.com
    facebook is www.facebook.com/RnDmoto
    email is: service@RnDmoto.com
    We've also now got an open to the public retail showroom in St. George Utah.

thanks!
    Rick Main
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  2. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    wrong place for the ad , should be under flea market etc .
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  3. MJSfoto1956

MJSfoto1956 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Two issues: there is no way to do an "intersection" with the way you've organized your data. For example, I can choose either GY6 (all) *or* Transmission (all) but not both. In other words, your design prevents people from creating (and bookmarking) precise/concise searches.

But more importantly, the site is extremely slow. Most people will abandon your site after waiting for 10+ sec for a page to load. This in turn will hurt your Google SEO rankings as Google punishes sites that don't have a lot of "engagement".

Best of luck!
    Micahe
    Belmont Nevada likes this.
  4. Belmont Nevada

Oddometer:
    Indeed, the search function "SUCKS", and the speed even more "SUCKS", and is getting addressed immediately.
    Thanks for the input!
    Eatmore Mudd and Hittman like this.
  5. Dan V.

Dan V. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    All the above, and jeebus - find someone who knows the English language and grammar to proofread and correct the many errors. It does not inspire confidence in your business when the website reads as if it were constructed by scammers or stoners.
    Eatmore Mudd and MJSfoto1956 like this.
  6. Belmont Nevada

Oddometer:
    Dan V., you are correct, and me personally, I've got a pet peeve about spelling and grammar (probably just mis-spelled peeve though), but we're working long hours and weeks. Luckily we've just surpassed the 1000 products mark online, but physically it's about to pass 5000.
    Will make a point to get the crew more aware of spelling. It may not be all their fault though. We have 59 different vendors from 17 different countries now and some of the product entry's are "cut and paste" from translated inventory lists and come out wrong....especially the Japanese sourced descriptions. These will be proof read and corrected and expounded upon by yours truly...
    Hittman likes this.
  7. Dan V.

Dan V. Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I feel ya there. I can't imagine how difficult it is for a business to keep an e-commerce website up.
    There has been a lot of scooter parts vendors come and go the past few years - a couple of them out there are sorely missed by me. I would just like to find someone who carries a full selection of Polini and Malossi parts on hand. Even trying to find the complete catalog of NCY is impossible. Unfortunately, the realities of carrying the inventory of parts for the weak scooter market in the US.............I can see why some have been divisions or partners with the big German firms to help with the costs.
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  8. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    In my very recent scooter parts searches the best price points and a great selection has been the German seller- www.scooter-center.com.
    There prices beat USA sellers and SIP too with s/h figured into the total.
    In my area ATV's are what's keeping the few powersports dealers left in business and most have other lines like small engine tools, mowers, farm tractors, etc..
  9. MJSfoto1956

Oddometer:
    Not seeing much (if any) GY6 options on that site. Probably a good place to shop if you are a Vespa owner.
    kantuckid likes this.
  10. Belmont Nevada

Oddometer:
    Dan V., believe it or not, we have the complete NCY parts catalog (except some Ruckus parts) in stock! We are also an authorized Polini and Malossi importer (not just a dealer) and carry much of their parts in stock as well. If you have any specific Polini or Malossi parts to request email me directly. Most of Italy, Spain, and even France are on summer holiday until the end of August however, but we might just have it in stock anyways.
    service@RnDmoto.com
  11. Belmont Nevada

Oddometer:
    Kantuckid, yes, ATV's have kept motorsports alive for several years, but I'm a dedicated 2 wheeler for sure. We are a direct partner with Scooter-Attack (MaxiScoot), SIP-Scootershop, and Racing-Planet.de (Germany, not Racing Planet USA), and carry almost their complete lineup in stock in Utah with same day shipping (usually free shipping). Our prices are the same or below any of those European vendors (MAP policies in place), but the greatest thing is you are not paying for overseas shipping, wait times, have a direct US support, or riding the Euro to USD roller coaster.
    If you find something that is lower priced on the same product, please bring it to my attention and I'll look into it!
    service@RnDmoto.com
  12. Belmont Nevada

Oddometer:
    MJSfoto1956: That's odd you say that about Vespa compared to GY6. We have an entire row devoted to GY6-150 (also GY6-200), and another row devoted to the GY6-50 (139QMB), while our Vespa parts only comprise about 2 bays of parts so far.
    Yes, we're WAY behind on getting parts inputted and the search engine on our site right now is just plain awful and embarrassing, but is getting fixed.
    You can either do a search on our home page, or we have direct link URL's. For GY6, type in www.GY6-Scooter.com or www.GY6scooter.com in your browsers URL bar (not google search) and it should bring up all the currently entered GY6 parts. If you don't see something, we likely have it. If we don't, we want to get it!....so let me know please.
    We are a complete, yes, complete stocking direct importer / distributor for Naraku, 101 Octane, MotoForce, and even have our own line of made in the USA parts like our belt scoop.
    service@RnDmoto.com
  13. Belmont Nevada

Oddometer:
    oh, for the GY6-50 (139qmb), we have www.139QMB.com for all those parts as well. (still being entered daily)
  14. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I looked specifically for Vespa 2010- 300 GTS parts and found little? I'm currently looking at Black Arrow UK exhaust which are bought direct and out of stock for 3-4 weeks, Dr Pulley set of aftermarket sliders,etc., also a battery floor rack at link I listed above and maybe a front rack.
  15. MJSfoto1956

Oddometer:
    I think you missed the part that I was commenting about scooter-center.com not your site.

M
  16. Belmont Nevada

Oddometer:
    Yes, we've got a number of 300GTS parts in physical stock, but not listed yet. I know we have a Vespa 300 GTS performance exhaust by Endy of Barcelona in physical stock. I can get it pictured and listed up for you tomorrow if you are interested. I'm pretty sure we've got some Polini variators, Malossi MHR clutch, some other various parts, and I think there is still a TK GMax Carbon performance exhaust left in stock for that too. Off the top of my head I think those use the 21x17 roller size? If so, I know we have several different weights of TechPulley Flying rollers in stock. The Dr. Pulley's we've got in Vegas and can get them up here by the end of the week, just let me know what weight you want.
  17. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I sent you a contact message via your website. I have no personal issue with your coming into Battle Scooters but the admin of ADV will probably think differently given the vendors area herein? :nod
    I'm not into high performance variators but do want to try aftermarket roller/sliders and a less expensive exhaust(Remus, Acropovic, etc. are to pricey for my blood) that is also not an alu can or a high maintenance stuffed with wool affair. The Black Arrow from UK, in a close to OE sound level, fills the bill best so far as I've seen.
    FWIW, on MV-> Motovista is a regular forum contributor and owns the scooterparts.com business there and is a site sponsor. Scoots, or PTW's in general are a tough business to stay in, no doubt!
    Belmont Nevada likes this.
  18. Belmont Nevada

Oddometer:
    I didn't get your message. My direct email is service@RnDmoto.com
  19. MJSfoto1956

Oddometer:
    I too sent you a parts request via that same email address. Might want to check your email junk settings.

M
  20. Belmont Nevada

Oddometer:
    If you're Mark Copeland, you were replied to. You posted this exactly 38 minutes after you sent me an email. If you want immediate attention during business hours, you can always call.