1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

New rider in Dubuque, IA area

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by 2whlrcr, Feb 6, 2005.

1. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Thought I would introduce myself. Mike and I live in Dubuque. I've noticed there are few rides that center around Galena and SW Wisconsen. I would be interested in hooking up if my schedule permits. I still try to actively race and compete in trials, but if I keep hurting myself I my have more time for dual sporting. I know some of the backroads around here, half the time I'm lost, but it really doesn't matter anyway, does it?

Mike
    Dubuque
    KTM 640 Adventure
    Honda ST1300
    KTM 200 EXC
    Gas Gas 280 Pro (for sale) want a new one
  2. Panic

Panic Anxiety's little friend

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the asylum. :freaky
    Come to the Spring ride at Chain's farm. The 640 Adventure will fit in nicely with our group. Bring the trials bike and we can see what that is all about :evil
    Panic
  3. Too Many Toys

Too Many Toys Adventure Poseur

Oddometer:
    Just off the Lincoln hiway in Ioway & Mesa, AZ
    Hey you nOOb
  4. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Where and when is this Chain's farm ride?

Mike
  5. Panic

Panic Anxiety's little friend

Oddometer:
    See.... Spring Ride at the Farm? April 15-17. Read the Rules :deal
  6. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

What? Are you some kind of motorcycle junkie or something :thumb

A few central zone lunatics get together a few times a year down in Fulton, (Gods) County, IL to spend a Friday night playing late night welcoming committee to weary riders arriving at all hours. Only to rise early Saturday, have breakfast with the eggman and spend the whole day lost on backroads and trails, dodging stunt driven mail wagons and stray cattle. Followed by a campfire session with homegrown music and tales of folklore, mermaids, motorcycles and travel to far away places, which is then followed by a sleepy Sunday that is beckoned to order by the low moan of a thumper tackling the trails. The whole weekend really kind of sucks... unless your into that kind of stuff.
    You are welcome to join us... so long as youre not some kind of whining sissy that cant carry his own weight and is afraid to get dirty.
    There is a little history somewhere on this site about a Spring Ride, Fall Ride, and Winter Ride

Welcome to the asylum, bet you cant leave
    Hope to see you at the farm

Cheers
    chain
  7. transalper

transalper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out the Enduraid Dual Purpose Motorcycle Rally coming up in June in Central WI. The more LC4 Adventures the better!

http://www.geocities.com/enduraidrally/

The Enduraid Yahoo Group is a good way to coord with riders in the WI, MN, IL, MI, IO region.

See you on the trails,
  8. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Mike, there's a lot going on around you....you don't have to penalize yourself by riding in Illinois. :lol3 The Forest City Riders sponsor enduro and trials events in Byron, the Wisconsin side of the river is fun from Galena all the way past La Crosse, and even US52 out of Dubuque is pretty fun.

You should really try to avoid Chain at all costs. :rofl

Jon
    usually from Elburn, IL
  9. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the headsup on Enduroaid. I think I remember seeing this one last year, but ruled it out because it was the same weekend as the World Trials Round in Duluth. No conflict this year.

I joined the Yahoo group and I see you just bought an Adventure. I like mine, and just got out of the garage after doing some rejetting.

Mike
  10. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Thanks JDIAZ for the information. I am aware of Byron. I regularly ride trials there and I rode the DS last year. I might do the enduro this year plus all the trials.

My problem is I actively ride trials, hare scrambles and occasional enduros. So my dual sport time is inbetween that stuff. Plus I don't want to ignore the new to me ST1300 I just bought too. Thankfully, my girlfriend understands most of the time, but my boss still only lets me have two days off a week.

Mike
  11. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jon is absolutely right, you should not penalize yourself. By all means, go elsewhere. Central Illinois is a rather uneventful dull landscape. just ask any wordly person who has ever traveled South on I 55 :rofl. You are much better off standing in line at sanctioned events :stoned

Jd knows :lol3
  12. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I love standing in line, the Navy taught me to hurry up and wait.

Mike
  13. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:

Mike
  14. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:

Mike
  15. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    so let me get this right.
    you love standing in line?
    and you learned it in the Navy?

:thumb
  16. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    That's what happens when you hit the post button and nothing happens and you keep hitting the button. I'm about ready to dump this PC and go to Mac.
  17. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    dont dump your pc, its the traffic on the net and advrider. it happens all the time, I just get up and get a new beer when it does.