New road course coming to Missouri

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by TeneRay, Nov 29, 2020.

1. TeneRay

TeneRay Shlong Timer

Oddometer:
    Figure for those that do track days and live nearby, this might be nice to know.

Gravois Mills, MO which is just north from the Lake of the Ozarks is opening up a 4 mile road course summer 2021. They haven't released what they intend to race there but speculating through their FB posts, all might be welcome to include bikes. It's exciting for me since it's just 45 minutes away and I need more than rural oval tracks. Never tracked but might now! Lol

They don't have a website yet, just IG and FB.

https://www.facebook.com/OzarksInternationalRaceway/

FB_IMG_1606695615656.jpg

Attached Files:

TonyKZ1, Suruppak, yosso and 6 others like this.
  2. STANIMAL

STANIMAL SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer:
    Just learned about this last week. Excited to ride it.
  3. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    That's a lot of money invested already. Hope it's successful.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't get too excited. There's a thread about this track on the WERA racing forum, and it looks very doubtful that this will be a motorcycle track. For starters, someone in the area said they are putting concrete barricades right next to the track, so that spells cars. And the portion that may be for bikes is incredibly lame. Hopefully this info isn't spot on but these guys know their tracks.
  5. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
  6. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey BILL..... whata mean possably your last MC... Hell i hope they havent Made mine yet!!!!!!
  7. Autobahn

Autobahn Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hope it fares better than the ill-fated Bluegrass Motorsports Park which is (was) about 20 minutes from me:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/reviews/a20774/bluegrass-motorsports-park/

It was promoted as a motorsports country club. They got as far as the first layers of pavement before the money ran out. It has sat undeveloped for years. Satellite images show that sections have been completely washed out. I assume the investors and those that paid deposits lost everything.

And now the Kentucky Speedway which is also nearby will sit empty after NASCAR (not surprisingly) pulled their race out of the schedule.
  8. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Looks like a fun track! Would love to drive that.
  9. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    Well I do tend to keep them forever. I owned the Venture for 18 years.
  10. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    There are multi-millionaire drivers that have homes at the lake. Can't remember their names but a friend of mine that is a pilot went on a ride on a private jet with one of them years ago. Said it took about 15 minutes to get to Springfield. I was hoping one of them was involved but it doesn't look like it.
  11. dsmonstar

dsmonstar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am currently in MI, but from MO and have a number of friends discussing this track. A good buddy even did a fly over with one of the builders I guess and are discussing the possibility of bikes....But there are a few (I thought he said one?) corners that will make it not very bike friendly. Still...Being a car guy as well as a bike nerd I love the fact it is being built.
  12. shakezula

shakezula Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fingers crossed they do open track days for bikes. I'm no Rossi or anything, but there is hands down no better place to practice and learn new skills. No crazy cars to run ya over and (usually) all the safety precautions man can come up with. Maybe if they don't have normal bike days a bunch of guys could get together and rent it for a weekend bike event?
  13. yosso

yosso We gotta go now. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pretty cool that they were able to repurpose the poultry barn into the garage.