NEW *** RRR Modular Moto Wrench Tool Set - Gotta See!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Ilbikes, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Antikid

Antikid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    What is the weight?
  2. ShineySideUp

ShineySideUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got a RRR tool roll that I bought about 2 years ago. It is amazing what you can do with his well designed tools. I am in for a set.
  3. Ilbikes

Ilbikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The new set is 2.2 lbs. I've worked for 2 years now designing this new Modular Wrench set to replace and surpass my previous 46 and 44 piece sets.

My old 46 piece tool roll makes 60 different tool combinations - it weighs 4.1 lbs and is 4" in diameter x 10" long (160 cubic inches stored)
    My new Modular Moto Wrench Tool kit makes 104 tool combinations - it is 4" wide x 6" long, and 1.5" thick - 73% increase in combinations, 53% reduction in weight, and only 22% of the size when packed (just 36 cubic inches stored).

The goals that I established two years back were to have a stronger, more capable, and more versatile tool set that would fit under the seat of every new and vintage motorcycle. As I visually "stacked up" all the tools that I could/would carry if space/size/weight were not issues, the one thing that hit me in the face like a brick was that every one of them had a handle. What if I designed a single handle to make every tool? Direction set. We made multiple handles, each smaller and smaller until the final 4.5" handles felt perfect in my palm/hand. I knew that a wrench extension for heavy work had to be included, but I still needed a nut/screw/bit driver and I wanted a 90 degree driver for tight spots. Making these tools all from 1 handle was key to the entire system. With 3 specially designed handles that work together and independently would allow me to give you duplicates of the same wrench size for 2-sided fasteners and literally 103 different size, boxed, open, and driver combinations.
    Thanks to all for your participation and these informative exchanges. You can spend your time doing anything you want, still so many have come here to give their experience and support. My sincere gratitude and appreciation. Dead Serious. - Gordon/RTS
  4. Antikid

Antikid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's awesome.
  5. Pinarretta

Pinarretta Wubba Lubba Dub Dub Supporter

Oddometer:
    In for 2. Good luck!
    Mr. Fisherman likes this.
  6. Doug Just Doug

Doug Just Doug Silly Party Candidate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pledged. I'm always looking for way to lighten the load, and being able to jettison the large, heavy tool roll would be awesome. Good luck!
  7. OR_Rider

OR_Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In!
  8. Dewey316

Dewey316 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in as well, hopefully we can get enough backers to make this work out.
  9. Night Crawler

Night Crawler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in
    Looks fantastic!
  10. Tuna209

Tuna209 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    In, can't pass up tools.
  11. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just pledged for two sets.
    What took me so long? Well I already have really good tool sets : your previous sets. Why would I want more? I was loading up for a future trip so I was weeding through all my kit -trying to reduce weight and especially volume. Then it occurred to me to check how much smaller the modular set would be. Wow! Even after adding the sockets I'll still bring plus a ratchet, I'll reduce my typical toolkit to approximately half today's size..

That is , of course, if enough of us get to Kickstarter and make this happen.

Gordon, you likely would have had my pledge earlier if you'd shown just how much smaller the new kit is; side by side pictures speak louder than words.
    Mr. Fisherman and trc.rhubarb like this.
  12. Ilbikes

Ilbikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads-up. I shot these quickly this morning after reading your comments. Forgive the black/white images, it was easier to use photoshop to remove the color than to correct for poor lighting and shadows. Gordon/RRR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    STLR, trc.rhubarb and Phoenix65420 like this.
  13. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, it's anazing how much more compact the modular kit is.
    trc.rhubarb likes this.
  14. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    20180716_182109.jpg fits under the seat of a new Triumph 1200.
  15. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    20180716_183527_HDR.jpg Fits under the seat of the new CRF1000l ATAS.
  16. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    New kit, vs my older version. 20180724_213219.jpg
  17. Mr. Fisherman

Oddometer:
    Profile shot. 20180724_213245.jpg
    trc.rhubarb likes this.
  18. codpilot

codpilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In for one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Dewey316

Dewey316 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Ilbikes -- If this doesn't get to the needed backer number, do plan to do another attempt at a different price point for a smaller run?
  20. Ilbikes

Ilbikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi John, the minimum is 250 sets, so unfortunately there is no smaller start-up quantity - this is the cost of entry. The tooling and holding fixtures required to machine these in quantity are the same whether I make 100, 1,000, or 10,000. I took just the start-up tooling cost and relevant materials and divided the total by $199 and 250 sets is the result - this does not include the $19,000 that I've already got in CAD drawings, engineering refinements, prototyping, further refinements, more prototyping, and then the 2 patent filings and promotional/video cost. I'm happy to shoulder the $19,000 already spent until I've sold 1,000 sets, but I'll have to shelve this Modular Moto tool project and move on to the next mousetrap without the 250 threshold being met. My pockets can't always support my own ideas, so while I won't switch off the creativity and inventing process that I love so much, I can't go out and mortgage the home for all of my passions. I thank all of you for the participation and feedback you've always given here. This place ROCKS! I've always said that. Let's be optimistic, we're not that far away - Gordon/RRR
    trc.rhubarb likes this.