NEW *** RRR Modular Moto Wrench Tool Set - Gotta See!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Ilbikes, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Ilbikes

Ilbikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Gordon, I looked and could not find a "Gordon Freeman" in my backer list. If you'll send me a private message or an email through my website with your backer#, I'll give you concise information on your Modular Moto Wrench tool set. I'm packing, labeling, and shipping by backer sequence number - first in, first out. I'm at # 205 as of yesterday, so I'm real close to having every set shipped. Thanks again for your KickStarter support! RRR/Gordon

I should add this too - I started shipments on the 18th of December, 25~30 sets per day, but after 3 days, I started seeing some delays and tracking feedback that read "facility closed" or "recipient not available". My timing was poor and I made the decision to suspend until Christmas was over. I used the weekend and holidays to get tools packed and set-up for drop-off at the Post Office.
  2. X5-

X5- Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gordon,
    How would I find out my backer number?
  3. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    In the original email from Kickstarter (Kickstarter <no-reply@kickstarter.com>)it will say:
    upload_2019-1-4_13-32-36.png
  4. X5-

X5- Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Found it, 217 so should be coming soon!
  5. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    For reference, mine arrived on 12/31.
  6. X5-

X5- Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  7. ShineySideUp

ShineySideUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got mine today :) I don't know what my backer # is.

I opened the kit and took a look at everything in the kit. Wow! Amazingly clever design in such a small package. You can easily fit the whole tool kit in a pocket of your jacket if you want too.

Gordon 10/10 - well done sir!
    NSFW likes this.
  8. X5-

X5- Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clapReceived an email stating mine is on the way!!
  9. Ilbikes

Ilbikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, I got all of the US shipping done today :-). I've got 6 Internationals left to package/label that takes more paperwork, so I'll get that done this weekend and those will go Monday. Our Post Office closes at noon on Saturdays, so I was able to get X5's and all other US backers.

Surprisingly, I still have 9 backers that have not given me their color choice nor shipping information. After several email attempts and KickStarter updates, I am holding kits for these backers. If you're kit has shipped, you should get an email from the postal service advising you of same. If you have not received the mail and you were a backer, please reach out to me. Backer #'s 200, 209, 213, 215, 218, 219 will complete Monday.

Gordon/RRR
    Antikid likes this.
  10. Doug Just Doug

Doug Just Doug Silly Party Candidate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got mine yesterday. Of course with tools, the proof is in the using, but inspecting the kit, I’m very impressed with the design and execution. This is replacing my much larger and heavier CruzTools roll, and contains about 90% of the tools I need for roadside/touring purposes. My current bike doesn’t use Torx fasteners, so I may swap those bits for JIS bits if I can find them. Very pleased with this purchase.
  11. Genen8kua

Genen8kua n00b

Oddometer:
    Woohoo! Mine arrived today. I like the kit. The magnetic keeper system seems to work a treat. I hadn't thought of this before, but the quality reminds me of some of the high end morse code keyers that use magnets instead of spring returns, like http://www.i2rtf.com/sculpture.html. Now I have to go through and inventory the set of tools I carry and winnow out the duplicates. Just at first glance, I think the RRR set will work for "everyday" riding, and a pared down version my other tool roll will probably only be used for travel. Using and reporting on the tools might be a nice addition to one of our BMWBMW tech days in the DC/Washington area.

Gene
  12. Ilbikes

Ilbikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doug, the 3 cross-points #1, #2, and #3 are in fact Vessel JIS. I very purposely made sure of that.

Guys, thanks for all of the awesome comments! Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see or isn't quite right. I worked hard on the design and even more so on the testing and execution, but I miss things all the time. Gordon/RRR
    Doug Just Doug likes this.
  13. Doug Just Doug

Doug Just Doug Silly Party Candidate Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good deal about the JIS!
  14. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Just received my two sets I ordered.. looks as good as I had hoped. Cheers
  15. Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got my set as well, and it is very well designed. Everything goes together and the magnetic holder system, which I wasnt quite sure about, works amazingly well. Enough hold so they don't fall out but not so much it's a pain to remove.

The one thing I will note, the 17mm and 14mm box ends both have some deformation to the teeth on one end. Almost as if someone used them in both directions with the wrench barely seated and cranked amazingly hard to the point it dented the steel. They are only on one end. Tried getting a pic but nothing came out very well, too dark as its evening. Maybe tooling marks? Just something of note. None of the smaller sizes, 12mm and down, had these deformations. Everything else looks fine. Not sure if it's and issue or not, just found it odd as I've never seen these kinds of marks on a box end before.
  16. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Gamer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gordon, mine came in the mail this past weekend. Looks great. I particularly like the rare earth magnets to hold inserts in place. Suggest next time around you magnetize the extenders as well as the 1/4 wrench for HD work. The bits tend to slip out. Otherwise, congrats on a great product. Now I need to go through my current kit to see what I can ditch. Thanks again!
  17. Dewey316

Dewey316 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve been playing with my kit for a few days now. It’s awesome. Still trying to decide where on my bike it will live. But this cover enough tools, that it and my tire change stuff should be pretty much all that I need, plus a couple bike specific tools. The size of this setup for all the tools in it is brilliant. Glad I was able to get in on it.

It’s almost a shame it is so nice. I would prefer to not have bike problems, but it’s such a nice kit, I do want to use it!
  18. itchie

itchie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any pictures of the back of the case with the open loops?
  19. Antikid

Antikid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    This?
    20190112_125756.jpg
  20. itchie

itchie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought there were open loops in the case somewhere to fit your own sockets? just want to see what I can fit in there.