New Sidi Dual Sport Boot Coming Soon!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Hondaboy, Oct 23, 2009.

1. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
  2. MrCheeky

MrCheeky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's the price I was quoted at the dealer as well. 45s? LOL, I wish...more like 42s (8.5-9).

It looks like they are the Adventure "Rain" boot, especially given that price. It is very tempting to save the $200+ on the Rain over the Gore-Tex and there seems to be a good discussion of the level of water resistance/proof of them here. I just purchased the Rev'It Defender GTX jacket & pants though so I don't want my waterproofness breaking down at the boot level.
  3. MrCheeky

MrCheeky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just spoke with my local BMW dealer and they told me that there is a shortage of the Gore-tex boots in Canada. There is a new shipment coming into Canada at the end of the month and once distributed through the channels, should be in the local retailers by mid-April.
  4. keener

Oddometer:
    and I bet you now they will be able to match US prices since all they have is mostly from last year when the USD was stronger.

I sent an email to Sierra BMW asking if what they are selling for $375 is Gortex and got a quick response from Tom Lynn (Parts Manager):

"No, these are the Gore-Tex copy version which are similar in all but name and guarantee on the waterproofing. The Gore-Tex version is $625.00 and we can certainly order them in for you if you’d like...."

My only concern is that in mid summer when its 90+, Do the boots get too hot ?

honestly if its raining cats and dogs either I won't be riding or I use my boot covers, I just want one pair of boots that I can wear all summer.
  5. SteveO

SteveO scratched and bruised, but not out Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was able to get my Sidi Adventure Gor-tex boots (Sidi-ADG-BKBK) from Cyclegear.com for a pretty good price (around $531) . I had a 15% off coupon that I applied to the boots, which saved me nearly a hundred bucks..... Had to wait a bit, but they are now in my closet and I'm loving em. :clap
  6. GoGoGavin41

GoGoGavin41 Waves to Moto Cops (and they wave back)

Oddometer:
    I have the non-gtex. They can get a little hot, something that I usually rectify by using different socks. They do seem still quite waterproof, my summer commute included a stream crossing that I frequently dabbed on and my feet were always dry.

I don't think you'll find a more badass looking pair of boots, though :super. Also, they're very functional, plus they'll probably outlast my current bike. What more could you ask for?
  7. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    The other difference is the leather. GoreTex requires and has to approve a higher grade of leather for boot construction in order to carry the GoreTex name and guarantee.

If you look, the non-GoreTex version uses "Lorica construction" (a synthetic) where the GoreTex version uses "Top grain leather construction" With the GoreTex version, you're getting a leather boot vs. a plastic boot.

They're not the exact same boot with the exception of the waterproof membrane. There are differences in materials and construction which account for the higher price. It's not just a premium tacked on because GoreTex slapped their name on the boot. (This was covered by posts by MotoNation much earlier in the thread.)
  8. keener

Oddometer:
    Just ordered the non-gortex version from sierrabmw.com at a good price, Tom the Parts manager was very helpful.

I think $200+ more for Gortex is not worth it.
  9. SteveO

SteveO scratched and bruised, but not out Supporter

Oddometer:
    I gotta disagree with that, I think it depends on what the person is doing with the boots.

I ride a street bike (M109R2) and a Dual-Sport, so having good 100% waterproof boots for my activities are important to me. I've been in some torrential down-pours on my M109R2 and having the right boots makes the difference between a miserable ride and a comfortable ride. After spending years in the military with crapy boots, I don't go cheap on protecting my feet.
  10. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    A splash through a creek or a 30min or a hour of rain isn't a good test for being waterproof. Many hours in the rain or several wet days in a row or many stream/river crossings over several days are when it matters. My SIDI Disco boots that have the Tepor or rain lining are fine for a while but start to fail after a wet day. Also because the aren't waterproof does not mean they are more breathable or cooler on a hot day than Gore-tex, they aren't. At least in my experience with Tepor/Rain vs Gore-tex boots.
  11. keener

Oddometer:
    I crossed Labrador to Goose bay on mountain climbing boots and $20 boot covers, bone dry babe. In "torrential down-pours " I will use covers.

[​IMG]
  12. Chronic

Chronic The Spice must flow!

Oddometer:
    Long time lurker, first time poster.:D

Ain't gonna spend the extra Jack on Gore Tex boots (of any sort) any more. Once they do wear out / fail, it's dang hard to get dried out when H2O does get in. However, I used Gore Tex socks with an older pair of Chippewas (treated) on a long & goodly wet day last December, and, though, they certainly leaked, me feet stayed dry and warm.......and, boots pretty darn dry inside the next day.

So, I think I'll do the same set up with the US version. Ofcourse, those boot covers that Keener just mentioned may be a good option, too.
  13. Renman1117

Renman1117 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Love this website by the way!!

For what its worth I ordered a pair of SIDI Advnture Goretex Boots from FC-Moto out of Germany late Sunday morning and just got them out of the box at 2:30 PM Friday CST this afternoon. Beautiful boots. That's less than 5 days including shipping to my door UPS Express Saver @ a price of $397.00 :evil knowing other guys have had some trying experiences with customer service, I stayed on top of the order and made sure they knew I was looking real hard for my order to arrive as soon as possible.

Cliff
  14. motosaint

motosaint LTLYLTL!

Oddometer:
    $400? Darn good deal. They are definitely on my short list...

15. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    So you got the Gore Tex version delivered for US$22.00 more than the non-Gore Tex?

Wow. That's awesome.
  16. Renman1117

Renman1117 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, the boots where $362.34 and the shipping was $34.90 U.S.A for a total of exactly $397.24. And yes, they are the the same boots sold here for $625.00.

Cliff
  17. panchovilla

panchovilla Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My wife bought my adv rain's for $375.00 from revzilla. They arrived no problem and I tried them on. I figured out how to adjust the buckles, it is very intuitive, and put them in the truck, loaded the DR and headed for Daytona Beach. I wore nothing but the boots for the week I was there except when in camp and chillin. The first day I had the left lower buckle to tight and got a hot spot on my left foot at the base of the buckle, I adjusted and they were fine. Wore them to the speedway and walked around the vendors, wore them to the flat track races, the 200 and all the other walking I did. They broke in extremely quickly and by the third day were fine to wear all day. It did feel like I was wearing a cross between my last pair of touring boots, (bmw gore-tex) and my full on motocross boots. They are taller than the average touring boot I'm used to, but hiking around was no problem. I got a lot of stares and one comment about the squeaking. I'm back home and very happy with the boots. No rain experience yet. Next is the leather treatment to see if that helps. Bottom line I would buy the boot again in a heartbeat.
  18. TyMarp

TyMarp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What knee guards are being used with the Sidi Adventure boots? My MX style knee guards are too long to work with them.
  19. FalloutMan

FalloutMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is the difference between the Adv Rain and Adv GoreTex boots besides almost $300? The Rain model doesn't advertise 100% waterproof but the GoreTex one does:rofl
  20. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anybody have a source in Paris, I can do a fly and pickup!