New Sidi Dual Sport Boot Coming Soon!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Hondaboy, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:

Actually, an inmate a couple of posts above got his ADV GoreTex for only US$22.00 more than the ADV Rain.

The difference? Well, GoreTex for starters, then they also come with GoreTex's "guaranteed to keep you dry" promise, if your boots leak, they fix them or send you a new pair, also the GoreTex model is made with real leather, the "rain" model is made with a synthetic...

So, yeah. There are a few differences.

:rofl
  2. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's several motorcycle shops on avenue de la Grande Armée (metro Argentine); Hein Gerricke, Patrick Pons Yamaha, BMW etc. Don't know if any of them are Sidi dealers but that's the place to go.
  3. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks
  4. MotoMind

MotoMind Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Adv Rain boots leak. Not sure where or if waterproofing wax will fix it, but they leak.
  5. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use the Nikwax paste on my Sidi Disco's It helps but still leaks after a couple hours and must reapplied a couple of times a year along the seams, especially the welt area.
  6. panchovilla

panchovilla Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm not worried about leaking, I've never had a pair of boots, gore-tex included that didn't eventually leak. I carry a pair of heavy duty neoprene socks that I can wear that keep my feet absolutely warm and dry. Purchased them at an unremembered sporting goods store on the Lake Huron circle route in Michigan on the way to the RA rally in the UP. i also carry waterproof (translation, rubber) boot covers that also keep me warm and dry. Been riding since 1962 and this is the only way I've discovered to guarantee dry feet in really wet, awful conditions. Warm, dry riding everyone!
  7. Ze_zaskar

Ze_zaskar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got a pair of Gore Tex Adventures yesterday (€300 here in Europe :evil).

Really, really nice pair of boots. Super confortable, even for walking, with smart protection systems. Offers more ankle protection than most low price MX boots, like the Tech 3, but in a much lighter, confortable package. Nice, low profile toe box.

Lows? As usual, wide feet might have trouble with sizing. Also, a third buckle on top would be nice, IMO
  8. AdvRat

AdvRat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm going to post a brand new pair of the Sidi Adventure GoreTex Boots - size 43/9.5 US in the Flea Market Section that I purchased from MotoCentral a couple months ago and needed a smaller size but didn't want to pay the very high shipping charges back to the UK. I just ordered the smaller ones and kept the 43's. I thought a friend was going to purchase them from me so I didn't deal with the shipping charges back to MotoCentral and then he decided he wanted the smaller size 42's for himself also. So I'm going to post them later today as soon as I figure out the smugmug picture site.
  9. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you get hit with the customs and or brokerage fee's yet?
  10. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    bump
  11. Renman1117

Renman1117 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No not yet.... Should I be looking for these additional expenses?:eek1
  12. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe, some other posters had some issues with customs and brokerage fee's from their shipper showing up after delivery. It happens to me when I buy parts for my Westfalia Sprinter from Germany
  13. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got my SIDI Adventure Boots yesterday from a fellow who had ordered the wrong size. Two bills is all it cost me, so I think I got a good deal. Gore-Tex Models.

Worn around the house for break-in, but already they feel pretty good. Here's to many happy miles...

:clap:D:clap
  14. br0m

br0m Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Took a gamble on the adventure gortex having never tryed them on and fortunatly going up a size paid off, the narrow toe is the only thing not right but that's why I went a size up, overall very happy with these boots and i can where them anywhere i take my bike

my thor force knee guards work well but note l have long legs, im 6'1
  15. Chronic

Chronic The Spice must flow!

Oddometer:
    Mine absolutely do not leak.......have ridden in a couple of heavy rain days and last week end found a sweet little road that had 6 or more nice water crossings over a 6 mile stretch which soaked the feet each time....no hint of leak. Ofcourse, first day I got 'em I sprayed sealant in the tricky spots and rubbed seam / stitch sealant into all the stitched areas.

Have not bothered to use my gore tex socks yet.

Oh, and I paid $337.50 for my Rain's w/a 10% off deal.
  16. rooscoe

rooscoe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just sent back pair of Adventure Rains. Had the horrible pinch on right foot that didn't seem to go away even after wearing around the house for an hour. The left boot felt great however. Had the same experience a year ago when I ordered a pair. Motonation claimed they had the problem "fixed", so I tried again. I really want these boots to work for me, love my Crossfires. Would ordering a size up help? Why do some feel the pinch and others don't?
  17. Renman1117

Renman1117 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Just sent back pair of Adventure Rains. Had the horrible pinch on right foot that didn't seem to go away even after wearing around the house for an hour. The left boot felt great however. Had the same experience a year ago when I ordered a pair. Motonation claimed they had the problem "fixed", so I tried again. I really want these boots to work for me, love my Crossfires. Would ordering a size up help? Why do some feel the pinch and others don't? "

Sorry your having trouble with the fit. I have had no problem with mine at all. Very comfortable boots. I do think I bought my boots just a size larger than I would ordinarily wear. I adjusted the rachet straps to make sure they where snug to my foot. Love em. Makes me feel safe.

Cliff
  18. VertigoCycles

VertigoCycles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FYI - I bought some Sidi Adventure boots from the UK back in January and just received a COLLECTION NOTICE from a UPS affiliated debt collector. I never received anything relating to customs payment before this notice.
  19. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    How much? Was it for customs or brokerage fees etc?
    Oh and by the way did you get the pants? UPS sent me a package delivered email yesterday.
  20. VertigoCycles

VertigoCycles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    $38.70. I don't mind the cost of the fees but I do mind the fact that they sent it to collections without, to my knowledge, ever trying to contact me first. WTF?

I did get the pants, thank you. They fit perfectly. Glad I didn't get the tall size.