New Sidi Dual Sport Boot Coming Soon!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Hondaboy, Oct 23, 2009.

1. MrCheeky

MrCheeky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well I picked up my Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex boots yesterday. Purchased locally. Fantastic boots, no squeak, comfortable and definitely worth the wait.
  2. arboffroad

arboffroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good boots had them for about a year now, too bad the plastic staps are ripping at the stiching. I guess thats how they sell new ones.
  3. feyd

feyd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I actually bought a pair locally the other week but returned them the next day because while wearing them around the house they were very uncomfortable. I realize that they would break in some what but the area (top of foot, instep) didn't have much give. Even after changing the straps around several times it felt like a pinch point. They were also tight across the front of my foot(wide feet) and I felt they wouldn't stretch enough to be comfortable.

It really sucks because I have been looking forward to these boot for over a year. Next on my list is the Sidi Discovery. It looks like it has a wider toe section and they have received pretty good reviews over the years.
  4. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    Have you contacted MotoNation or Sidi?
  5. yellowbirdrs

yellowbirdrs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody have a source in Venice, I'm going to be there for a couple of days the next month 1st-4th. and don't have time to go in land I wish to have some time to drive North to the Garene & Sidi factories to renew all my boots.

Gaerne is 66km North from Venice and Sidi something like 80km NE
  6. marksbonneville

marksbonneville Long timer

Oddometer:
    After trying on several brands of boots and not liking any of them I went back a couple weeks ago and bought a pair of adventures. I've only wore them 3 or 4 times and they just keep getting better and better. :clap
  7. Slowphil

Slowphil Big Man in a very very small pond

Oddometer:
    Well, I've had my gores for 3 rides now, they are the most comfortable boots I've ever had, my last ride my motor stalled out in a water crossing and I had to get off and push, after that I walked through the edge of a lake while having a look around, water almost up to the tops and then rode home through a heavy rain. When I got home my feet and inside of boots were still bone dry. They squeak a little bit but apparantly mink oil will fix that problem, bought the boots in Canada for $450, they are an excellent purchase IMHO :clap.
  8. mattygeee

mattygeee Oyster Gardener

Oddometer:
    An Beta on the best (cheapest) place to buy these in the US?
  9. Daytrader

Daytrader Elitist Bastard

Oddometer:
    I wish they made them in a size 14 1/2.
    Most companies only make up to a size 13.
    I wear the Sidi Air whatever in size 50, which is supposed to be a 14, but it's tight.
  10. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    So I "kicked" a tree stump while riding my Adventure Goretex boots while riding my DRZ a couple of weeks ago. I was probably going 20-30mph. The boot worked great, I thought for sure I had broken my foot, but only temporary pain. I did put a pretty good dent in the toe of my left boot. Does anyone know if these have steel toes? Any thoughts on how to get a dent out of the toe of a boot? OBTW I now have dedicated MX boots for the DRZ and save the Adventures for the GSA and less dangerous duel sporting.
  11. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    AS much as I hate to loose my Rains, I'm selling them due to, um, old dude syndrome...size 43 if anyone is interested.
    Best offroad boots ever.
    [​IMG]
  12. lakecntyrider

lakecntyrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My Adventure Rains did leak a little in a downpour this summer. I did some light treatment, but it obviously wasn't enough. Will try to treat it again.
  13. roshiro

roshiro n00b

Oddometer:

I'm interested in your boots if they are still for sale. Let me know. Thanks.
  14. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    PM'd ya roshi.
  15. duc916pilot

duc916pilot kiwimike

Oddometer:
    I have recently tried moto-x type boots which I figured would offer good ankle protection but then discovered a problem with not having enough room for the boot to comfortably fit under the gearshift lever on my 08 KLR. My boot side is 9 1/2 so not an overly large foot. I also have the wider PivotPegz fitted which I just love and thought that they might be part of the problem so tried the original pegs without any noticeable difference. I spent about an hour trying the gearshift lever on
    different positions on the shaft and nothing worked. I cannot find any posts of other riders having this problem - am I the only one? Any ideas? I will be trying some Sidi Adventure boots shortly which seem to have a thinner toe area which might be the (expensive) answer!
    Cheers, Mike
  16. Snowbound

Snowbound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the gearshift problem on my 1150 GS after I started wearing the Adventure Rains . I got an adjustable lever from Touratech . Solved the problem . Does anyone make one for a KLR?
  17. MotonationSD

MotonationSD Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Shoot me an email at ryan@motonation.com I will have our boot repair check it out and see what we can do to help you out. There is not a steel toe in them at all. It is reinforced, but not with steel. You might have lost some little piggies if it were steel. But yes. Hit me up!

Thanks,

Ryan at motonation
    http://www.motonation.com
  18. Rev Kiecker

Rev Kiecker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On the last stretch of being on the road for a month this happened. Not sure if this is warranty or not or if I even still have a warranty. :cry Yes, Gore-Tex version. Anyone else have this issue?

[​IMG]
  19. SteveO

SteveO scratched and bruised, but not out Supporter

Oddometer:
  20. P B G

P B G Long timer

Oddometer:

Obviously not a true "Goodyear Welt" just looks like one.

Try warranty, it should be covered, you are having a separation between the sole and the upper, if they won't warranty it, get appropriate adhesive and readhere them.

Shoe glue, maybe even gorilla glue.