New Sidi Dual Sport Boot Coming Soon!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Hondaboy, Oct 23, 2009.

1. August West

August West Wharf Rat

Oddometer:
    I am fairly certain they have two year warranty. I would be surprised if it wasn't honored, even if they are a little older. There was an inmate here that tore his up as if they had been in a wreck. He claimed they were repaired under warranty. We are paying a lot of money for these, seems well worth their while to take care of a few failures. Hope so!
    Let us know. Good luck.
  2. HalB

HalB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd appreciate feedback from folks who have been wearing the adventure boot for a while. They seem so stiff in the store, and difficult to shift with when sitting on a bike. Does the boot soften up. I see one poster complained the boot was too thick for the shifter. What is the experience over time?
    thanks
  3. REVjimenez

REVjimenez ESSCAPEr

Oddometer:
    Have had my non Gore-Tex set of Sidi Adventure boots for about a 10months and about 15k miles on the pegs of a BMW 1200 GSadv scoot...the boots fit well, give me needed protection, work well in the hot blazes and the freezing cold, as well are decidedly not stiff in the wrong places...I wear a running shoe insert in the bottom after I took out the stock piece, and thus can walk for days...the non Gore-Tex have not leaked at all...only complaint is they get squeeky after a rainfall, but if that's a differentiation, you're probably in the wrong sport!

As to the possible shifter problem of a previous poster, would recommend turning it up a bit if it interferes...mine have not interfered on stock settings, whether I am seated or in standing position...in all, if all I could have was one set of boots, this would be it...simple enough!
  4. Askemux

Askemux n00b

Oddometer:
    I bought adventure GTX boots last june. They were very good to walk from the first moment but they were also little too stiff and difficult to shift. When i had used the boots about a month I had any difficulties to shift.
    My bike is FZ6 wich has small shifter.
  5. HalB

HalB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks for your response. I'm not sure of your meaning. You said "I had any difficulties to shift" Do you mean you had difficulties or did not?

thanks
  6. Askemux

Askemux n00b

Oddometer:
    Sorry about my bad english :D

I meant I did not have any difficulties after i had used my boots about one month and 3500 km
  7. Renman1117

Renman1117 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bought my Sidi Adventure boots 3-25-2011 and I have no complaints other than they do squeek when I walk in them. Very comfortable and feel safe in them.Probably 3500 miles with very little sign of wear. Ya, shifting was a problem for awhile because of the toe stiffness, but I can't remember when I last had a problem or missed a shift because of the boots.I would buy again. Hope this helps.
  8. HalB

HalB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thank you Askemux for clarifying and Renman: your information helps to ease that concern about shifting and is helping me to lean towards these booties.

thanks
    hal
  9. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    has anyone got SIDI ADVENTURE RAIN MX DIRT BOOTS?

i carry on with my RTW in May 2013, i need new boots, the Moose Racing motor-cross boots i used were good for 38,000 miles unless it rained then they just plain sucked...i could literally pour water out of them

so do these new SIDI boots do what they say? Waterproof and comfortable and can breath as well or sweaty feet?

in Europe they are Goretex, over here they are Lorica, any thoughts about the difference, does anyone have a stockist here in the US for the Goretex version?
  10. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have no FHE with those boots, but Lorica is a brand of fake leather, gortex is a brand of waterproof membrane.
  11. Baloo

Baloo Itinerant jackass Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cover the waterfront in Norfolk Virginia.
    I have the boots. A great boot . Dry and offers a lot of support.
  12. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    Ever think about checking the other three threads on the front page for information on them?

:dunno
  13. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    so you are the only one who can start a thread with there own specific questions!!!!:stfu
  14. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    Oh, I'm sorry. I'll scroll half-way down the front page and do your research for you. I know how much work it really is.

Here's the one with everything you're likely to ask.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518526&page=82

Here's the one with almost the exact same title as yours.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744349

Paste this text into your google search bar and press return.
    sidi adventure site:advrider.com

Anything else the inmates here can spoon-feed you?
  15. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    spoon feed!!!! :rofl

you're funny, guess your bike is in the shop getting fixed...27,000+ comments equals no life. Try and be a little more positive, ride a little more - comment a little less, it doesn't make you a bigger person, i don't see moderator by your name

you are the first negative person i have come across on ADV
  16. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    Aaaaannnd... It's merged with the main thread. :rofl
  17. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    good...move on
  18. Rev Kiecker

Rev Kiecker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not warrantied. Sounds like one year. Thinking about possibly contacting Sidi USA but since the Gore-Tex isn't sold here probably no help - plus I'm not in the country again. Kind of sucks since I've worn Sidi boots for the better part of 16 years without issue. Most likely shoe-goo as I'm not ready to fork out close to $500 for another pair of boots.
  19. Snowbound

Snowbound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure if this has been discussed (if so where ?) .I have the BMW Rallye 3 suit . Do you wear your pant tucked inside the Adventure Rain boot or outside ?
  20. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    I wear mine on the outside. I don't want water channeling down my pants inside the boot.

Is your question about that it's hard to get the pants down over the top of the boot after you put your boots on?