NEw Strategy to Supply Ricky bars

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Ricardo Kuhn, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlrides

dlrides 1:1.618 Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hope you get your issues taken care of, but..................................... YOU CAN'T CONTINUE TO SELL YOUR GOODS, WHEN YOU HAVE CUSTOMERS STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO RETURN THEIR PROMISED HANDGUARD CLAMPS FOR ................16 MONTHS !!! My compassion has been pushed too far ! Deliver the goods you have sold !!!!!
  2. rcompton

rcompton I am not Iron Man

Oddometer:

What he said, but I don't even have the top clamps. I have a half set that is worthless at this point. I hope Ricky the best, but it is getting annoying to see him pop up, try to drum up business, and then dissapear when he is asked about outstanding issues. I am betting it won't be any different this time. Ricky, can you just drop a set of top clamps and my handguard clamps in the mail. I sent you money for return shipping. I am fine with you just sending back the package I sent you. My bike i totalled and gone, the bars are sitting here worthless to me, unmounted. I would like to make the set complete so I can resell them.

ps.
    ****** goodbye thread, see you in a month or two! :lol3
  3. dlrides

dlrides 1:1.618 Supporter

Oddometer:
    rcompton, seems we are the only ones to feel this way ! All others can't wait for Ricardo to grace their world ! If I lived within driving distance, I WOULD HAVE MY F---ING CLAMPS, or a local mugshot !!!!
  4. DirtRoadDave

DirtRoadDave I am Iron man

Oddometer:
    Ricky send me a complete set-up and I will send payment when I receive the goods..

Dave
  5. westnash

westnash Long timer

Oddometer:
    the time for bs is long past...it seems they are saying!
  6. kixtand

kixtand Long timer

Oddometer:
    Worked well when I got mine...
  7. Scary Hat

Scary Hat Consigliere

Oddometer:
  8. Scary Hat

Scary Hat Consigliere

Oddometer:
    You know, I haven't been around Advrider as long as some have, but I tell
    you what we don't do. We don't shoot our wounded.

We have had situations over the years where inmates who were only known to us in cyberspace have lost loved-ones, been seriously injured in wrecks,
    had to sell what little they own to put bread on the table, dig themselves out of natural disasters, you name it. We pull with them. We give our time
    our knowledge, our money, and we do it because we give a damn about more than ourselves.

Sure, its disappointing when you don't get what you want. But... did you read this entire thread? Really read it?

Down deep, ask yourselves a question. If you were riding in the desert and
    came upon a downed rider, would you lend him a hand if he was struggling to make it back up, or would you feel it your duty as a good Darwinian to
    let him struggle knowing he was hurt and would likely not make it without help?

Do you think that severe depression and anxiety is a joke? Do you think that Ricky is just lazy and does not want to take the time to fill your order
    out of spite?

Depression is certainly real. Winston Churchill had it. Lincoln had it, and it
    is severly disabiling when it comes on. Some people make it out of the darkness; some do not. For some, the only answer out is to take one's life.

Do you want this outcome over a clamp? Do you think he does not read this thread? Do you think, given his open disclosure of his problems you have lent a hand or a boot to the guy?

Scary
  9. rcompton

Oddometer:
    Ya' know Scary, I agree with most of what you are saying. 'We' do a lot for folks, and look out for our own. But it should be tempered at times with looking at the situation. Critical comments regarding Ricky have long carried some off-limits aura. He has done a lot for this community, so he gets some slack. No problems there. He has had some rough patches, and has been the recepient of much good will as well. I wish him nothing but well, and think he needs to put his health and well being before anything else.

However, coming on this thread, selectively reading posts from people who want to buy stuff and ignoring those by people who just want to complete their business gets into another area. I am not going to threaten physical harm or any other nonsence, but I would like him to at least respond to my emails, PMs or posts about completing our transaction. A task that would, imo, be even easier than sending out a new set of bars to a new customer. But as it stands, my check has cashed and I (and others) seem to be on his complete ignore list.

You are more than welcome to help Ricky in any way you see fit, and it would be a good thing, but please spare us the suicide angle. If it were that bad he wouldn't be here drumming up new business.
  10. Tbone

Tbone off-ramp slayer

Oddometer:
    My bike came with Ricky Bars and i love them..

:hide ...but I wouldn't have ordered them myself as this all seems too shakey..:huh

Hope your feeling better Ron !!
  11. Scary Hat

Scary Hat Consigliere

Oddometer:
    I do not claim to know everything there is to know about the human mind, nor to I claim to have special insight into Ricky's situation. All I know is that he is a fellow rider, a fellow enthusiast of our sport and lifestyle, and has a
    good heart. Most importantly, he is a fellow human being who is experiencing more than a "rough patch" in life.

I guess the term "rough patch" is relative. It implies a temporary difficulty in
    life. Going thru over 20 months of clinical depression and anxiety qualify as
    a life theating situation in my book. A situation that is exacerbated, not helped by threats or trade libel.

I am also certain than if Ricardo were
    physically whole and mentally at the top of his game, everyone would have
    what they needed from him and you would indeed have a pearl of great price, because Ricardo is an honorable man who is experiencing an time in
    his life darker and more difficult than most people can imagine. I know because I too, have been there in the past. For me it was triggered by
    an operation that went south, nearly dying in the hospital after spending
    two months there (at a cost approaching nearly nine hundred thousand dollars), and being sent home to die by a doctor who was pissed off that
    his surgery skills sucked.

For years afterward, my dear wife had no real idea that the hospice nurses
    attending me at home for the next six months were there because my
    surgeon thought I needed terminal care. So yes, I know something about
    depression. And I know that for me, one of the things that kept me going
    was the thought of eventually riding again with friends.

For most of us, mere loss of physical health means months of convalecence. Add to that the loss of one's ability to conduct business
    in the normal manner. To support oneself, and the inevitable loss of
    living space, workspace, of not knowing if you have enough to buy food.

When you are going thru months of clinical depression and anxiety attacks
    you cannot work, think rationally, pay bills, etc. Your suppliers will not send
    product/materials. You cannot meet expenses, so you are out on the street.

Suicide sounds like hyperbole? Don't think so, and neither do most mental
    health clinicians.

I have never had the honor of serving in the military for this great country,
    but I have a father that did, brothers that did. And I have been a peace officer. We don't shoot our wounded. Period. We help them. In whatever
    way we can, until they either give up or walk on thier own.

Ricardo is struggling to make it on his own, to put bread on the table, to
    literally get the lights and phone back on, and to support himself. He is doing the best that he can for now. I know this firsthand.

If you can afford to give him a break, I'm sure he would appreciate it.
  12. rcompton

Oddometer:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1048715

His recent posting seems to indicate he is thinking about more than just getting well. But suppose you would know best, Doctor ScaryHat.

Ricky should stick to being an idea guy, and stop taking peoples money. I wish him well, and am glad to extend every break I can, but seeing his old and his recent behavior it is hard not to question......

13. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:

dlrides, I will buy the alleged incomplete set of clamps off you.:deal

How much do you want for them?

Hopefully this will shut you up...

Please PM me. I do not monitor the board that often and I may miss a post here.
  14. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    sorry for admiting something really stupid but the Piece of Shoe weswhatver A.K.A.el zapatero and his cronnies did his job again and destroy my confidence and drive (even if everything is a Lye, since I ever did any business with him) and I can not even read my own treads since I get this very massive panic attachs that can take me farder into the dark side of my psique that i'm already in, I can just not afford any more "tension triggers" at the moment.

yes it those sound stupid, and yes be glad you find it stupid, because if what i'm saying makes sense you suffer from depression before and Know how frastrating, disturbing and debilitaing a illness like this can be, plus render you absolutlly unable to work in what you love (I'm to attach to it, so It hurts like hell), anyway I'm much rather deal with broken bones or my belly pains, that this fuck up brain of mine..

I'm trying to respond to PM's as much as I can, but I confess sometimes I can not even open them do to Pure fear,, funny how two years ago I have no problem jumping out of anywere on my bike or approaching anything ussing my brain and today I'm totally afraid of my own shadow.

again sorry i'm so personal on a topic that is sopose to be all business but I don't really know how else to explain my frastration in any other way you guys and gals can understand..
  15. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    How does wallowing in a pool of self-pity help the situation improve? You have put control of your life into the hands of others, and I don't mean the people who are truly interested in your well-being and success. It's good to hear you spell out the words that indicate you understand this is an illness - but those words carry small meaning if you're not also seeking, and accepting, the medical help you need.

If the tension incapacitates you, and if it's truly a tension trigger to participate in this thread, then why continue it? That is, why perpetuate the problem when you're not in shape to deal with it?
  16. westnash

westnash Long timer

Oddometer:
    Totally true!
  17. rapiti

rapiti IOR Veteran

Oddometer:
    Westnash, I do not know if Ricky ever cut your lunch, but he must have, as it seems like you get a perverse thrill out of his present state. If not, then why don't you stop posting here?
  18. CCRyder

CCRyder Champ Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ron, give me a PM...I believe I can get you a top clamp made by a close friend (happens to be a A-1 machinist) I would need your bottom risers, and I can take the top clamp off my bike for him to have a pattern to go from. It shouldn't be that hard to do (for him) and all we may have to buy would be a piece of alum. stock.....if we can't find a scrap piece big enough lying around somewhere. Not trying to get in your business, but if you'd like to pursue this, let me know.
    Champ
  19. TANKSADV

TANKSADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can I ride up and pick up a set of bars...
  20. westnash

westnash Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not at all and we can only wish him all the best!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.