1. eNewsletter Sign Up

New Things Happening At Jesse Luggage

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Jesse Luggage, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse Luggage

Jesse Luggage Out riding the world

Oddometer:
    Hey Emoto
    Please send Kris a photo of the rear compartment you have please. We had them open on the side and at the back.
    Years ago we sold those for more strength to put a top box on a 1100/1150 GS. With the fender placement maybe they didnt get the splash from the rear tire that the 1200 water gets?
    We only made a few of them for the Water cooled ,most people go the Tool Plate route.
    No worries we can get you set up !
    soph9 likes this.
  2. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Almost complete with my Jesse new luggage...waiting on passenger rails and the quick release top box mount and top box...they sure look sweet and can't wait to load them up. Thx Kris and Al.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come when the bike is complete. Only 300 miles on her.
    Av8rPaul likes this.
  3. FlyingFish

FlyingFish The older I get, the faster I was

Oddometer:
  4. soph9

Oddometer:
    8 inch. Makes me lack less and stays within the handle bars

If you see typos it's my phones fault!
  5. FlyingFish

Oddometer:

Great! Now I'm second guessing whether I should have gone with the 8" versus the 10" on my 1200GS ??? Any opinions out there?
  6. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the 10" set. The right bag has a huge chunk out of it. I can't imagine it being two inches narrower. I don't really see an advantage to the 8" set, for me anyhow!
  7. FlyingFish

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jim!
  8. FlyingFish

Oddometer:

Thanks for the input!
    I was having that "Oh Sh$t" did I order the wrong size bags feeling.
    Even with the 10" bags they are the same width as the handlebars, 36", so I shouldn't be tearing them off on stuff, I hope.
    I like to pack light, even for long trips. I will stay with the 10" bags and probably be able to fit everything including camping stuff into the two side bags and save the top case for when I'm two up traveling.
  9. Av8rPaul

Av8rPaul Have bike will travel

Oddometer:
    My handguards are almost 39" wide. Your 10" bags are still 3-5" narrower than most of the other brands. If you pack light I'd imagine those bags would swallow up all your camping gear as well. I need a dry bag for my camp set up because my tent is slightly smaller than the Taj Mahal. I love the 8" bags and their "slim hips" but could totally see the usefulness of the bigger bags.
  10. soph9

Oddometer:
    8inch bags hold a lot if packed well. I use dry bags as well and my camping gears goes in them not my panniers. In any case...I feel sometimes bigger is not always better. 8 inch bags keep me mindful of weight, what I really need to take and by adding the top box and dry bags you can have it all on your bike. I don't worry about lane splitting I want to stay within my bars for just city parking, tight turns, being near cars etc. I am not always away from civilization and just for me being cognoscente of my hazards and not worrying about the extra girth/width helps me navigate especailly in traffic that much better. Either way you can't go wrong with these bags.
  11. FlyingFish

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your reply! I am really looking forward to getting these. I've been using the Vario bags and am really afraid I'm going to lose or destroy them on a dirt road someday. I do appreciate all of the opinions about the 8" vs 10". For some reason this decision has been a hard one for me. All of the bikes look terrific with either size and I don't want to be saying I shoulda in a year from now.
  12. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I will do that. Love the product; just need to get this one aspect squared away. :thumb
  13. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    You don't have to fill the 10", but you can't make an 8" a 10" if you find yourself needing the space.
  14. FlyingFish

Oddometer:
    That is very true indeed! I've tried the "Acme Stretcher" several times and I can never seem to get it to work.........
    rockinrog likes this.
  15. soph9

Oddometer:
    luggage racks, top box, dry bag...all balanced and good to go for a month :clap...all subjective but this has worked for for years.
  16. FlyingFish

Oddometer:
    My bags are backordered for 2-3 more weeks :baldy. Kris offered me "loaner bags" for my upcoming trip. How awesome is that!
    soph9 likes this.
  17. soph9

Oddometer:
    Complete just need to install the passenger hand grips

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FlyingFish likes this.
  18. Bastard

Bastard I am a bad ass

Oddometer:
    I recently picked up a '12 S10 and I am now spending time reviewing the various panniers out on the market... I have to say, I am sold on these 10" Jesse's.

Now i just need to save up some cash, maybe there will be some sort of promotion by the time i'm ready to buy ;)
  19. FlyingFish

Oddometer:
    UPS showed up today with my new Jesse bags and it was Christmas in August! Everything bolted up very easily and within 2 hours it was complete. I'm happy happy happy :rofl IMG_3685.JPG IMG_3687.JPG IMG_3689.JPG
    NGA and soph9 like this.
  20. DrThump

DrThump The DR is in...

Oddometer:
    Kris -

Thanks for the great customer service. I love the Jesse bags on my GS and I appreciated your help with my request. Your service is great, and your support is top notch!

Eric
    soph9 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.