New Thumper: SWM Superdual 650

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by tangerine, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Pauli Hakala

Pauli Hakala Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How to change front sprocket to Superdual T or X ? Do that clutch assembly take a way?
  2. mrsdnf

mrsdnf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lost between the Dandenongs and Yarra Valley
    The clutch slave cylinder needs to be pulled back. Two bolts. I'd clean the area down first so crud doesn't get in the workings when its slid back in.
    Pauli Hakala likes this.
  3. pepalta

pepalta n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you ,
    Your bike looks gorgeous...
  4. afordableperformance

afordableperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I test rode the Super Dual T yesterday in Austin, TX at AF1, nice guys and a pretty good bike overall. I had a 2011 TE630 and I like the Super Dual better, suspension and handling is better, weight is well hidden too. EFI worked well, I only rode the T model they didn't have an X. I would like to have been able to compare the steering feel of the T and X because the T felt very good, I would consider these bikes if you are looking for a new ride.
  5. Creechure

Creechure Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any tips on adjusting the shifter. I can't seem to get an Allen key in there to loosen it up. I'm trying to lift the shifter up a slot.
  6. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    No clutch washers but we took the cover off and there was no play in clutch basket and no unusual metal on plug. Looks like Terry was right it's just clutch adjuster is acting up.

On a side note the filter under cover was clean no metal whatsoever and if you are taking cover off secure oil pump shaft with small o-ring it will make assembly much easier.
    mrsdnf likes this.
  7. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes and both of my subframe bolts have cracked and needed to be drilled out and replaced. 2 month 11k on the bike. If you looking at them 10 pieces class 12 bolts are $10 on Amazon and use red loctite blue doesn't cut it.
    mrsdnf likes this.
  8. Homerb

Homerb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You need a long 5mm allen key, and slip the bike into 2nd gear and hold the gear lever up while getting the allen key into the bolt head.
    Thats the go on my TE630, anyway.
    Creechure, Rotax655 and mrsdnf like this.
  9. mrsdnf

mrsdnf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats good to hear about the clutch hub cyclopathic and thanks for the tip on the oil pump shaft.
  10. Tarmac Teaser

Tarmac Teaser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The bolts are M8 x 80mm 12.9 case hardened in stainless steel. I used 12.9 non stainless and they cost 80c from my local hardware store.
    cyclopathic likes this.
  11. Creechure

Creechure Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

Another question. I've wired up a AWG Waterproof Connector in line with this (https://www.jaycar.com.au/motorcycle-dual-usb-socket-mount/p/PS2128) waterproof USB in an attempt to get some phone power while riding. Haven't had much luck unfortunately, no power getting to the charge unit. Anyone else had any issues or have any hints?

All the fuses are good. I dont have a multimeter unfortunately.

Cheers again!
  12. Tarmac Teaser

Tarmac Teaser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have you used the aux power cable located beside the horn? If not I would use that.
    You need one of these https://www.jaycar.com.au/waterproof-deutsch-2-way-connector-set/p/PP2150 and just use the male connector. It means the the usb will be dead until the ignition is turned on.

I would also change that usb power source for a non handlebar one as there is a space provided next to the ignition for a normal one.
    Creechure likes this.
  13. Tarmac Teaser

Tarmac Teaser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    mrsdnf and Creechure like this.
  14. mrsdnf

mrsdnf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whats your impressions of before and after the mufflers and tune TT?
  15. Tarmac Teaser

Tarmac Teaser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The bike is much better. There is more power through out the rev range and it still remains economical.

I'm glad I did it.
    cyclopathic and mrsdnf like this.
  16. Creechure

Creechure Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate. Will definitely get the single, would look a lot cleaner. Current setup is a bit of a short term bodge job for an upcoming trip.

Figured out my issue. The connector i got my hands on had its pos and neg around the wrong way. So just cut and shut and its fine for now!

Cheers!
  17. Rotax655

Rotax655 Aprilia World Meeting

Oddometer:
    Thumperama and fortrider like this.
  18. ratguzzi

ratguzzi Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm the guy that bought their X.
    JB
  19. ratguzzi

ratguzzi Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here's a picture of the seat I had custom made. A good full inch lower than the comfort seat.
    JB

swm seat.jpg
    Rotax655, CapeG650X and mrsdnf like this.
  20. fortrider

fortrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please keep the reviews coming. Been following along this forum. We visited the factory last year in Italy and got a personal tour. We were pretty impressed with the build quality of all there bikes. It's a shame they don't import more of there smaller bikes, but here in the US seems to be little demand for smaller bikes. Seems like Americans got to have big beast. SWM also have some great cafe style bikes also for European market only, such a shame.
    Really looking for to some extended mileage reviews. Not much riding in the Rockies during winter so will be looking to picking one up in the spring, maybe two if I can get the wife off her monster and she will stop talking about the V85TT. Caught her last night cruising the V85 page, again.
    Richarde1605 likes this.