New Thumper: SWM Superdual 650

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by tangerine, Jan 15, 2015.

1. MotoSly

MotoSly Adventurer

Oddometer:

thnx for the advice! i will take a look at it ASAP... after work :nod

and i will tell Lyndon you hate him haha!
    He is really living the dream.......!
  2. panchogarrancho

panchogarrancho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Agree with Cyclopatic,those led have a internal circuit board,when something is wrong they will flash or stay very low
  3. motomoda

motomoda Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was joking...
    cyclopathic likes this.
  4. MotoSly

MotoSly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ok, that's good to know for "future"problems too !
  5. panchogarrancho

Oddometer:
    I swapped mine for more powerful led,same size,also moved them out of harms way B11D9144-1049-426F-8F44-0AF199B353ED.jpeg 04384925-BBF1-47E2-B3A8-56EEBB3CC820.jpeg

Attached Files:

cyclopathic and MotoSly like this.
  6. panchogarrancho

Oddometer:
    Excuse the extra pics,can’t understand how they got there
    cyclopathic likes this.
  7. Newton_McMarv

Newton_McMarv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Heyho,

I had the same problems with the LEDs (first left and then the right LED died). It is somehow an issue with water coming in the fog lights from the back. I had 2 replaced under warranty and the new ones are slightly different and have another serial number/part number.
    The lights are https://www.kosoeurope.com/beleucht...rora-led-nebelscheinwerfer-schwarz-e-geprueft

kind regards from Germany.
    MotoSly likes this.
  8. Creechure

Creechure Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My right foggy has been smashed up a bit. Don't expect it to last much longer.
  9. mrsdnf

mrsdnf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lost between the Dandenongs and Yarra Valley
    With the Barrett mufflers fitted the RHS heat shield will no longer fit as the mounts for this heat shield is on the muffler itself.
    The last trip I went on I had the zip on the bottom of my pants undone to allow air to circulate as it was pretty hot. Yeah, of course the back of my riding pants got a nice burn mark in them as they came into contact with the exhaust.
    This will not happen again.
    A couple of bosses were made up and bolted to a piece of flat MS to keep the face of the bosses square while they were tacked onto a couple of hose clamps.

[​IMG]

The clamps were removed, bosses welded on and reinstalled back onto the bike.

[​IMG]

a piece of 3mm aluminium was beaten into submission and bolted on using the standard heat shield mounting screws.

[​IMG]
  10. AMGrrr

AMGrrr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are the Barrett's much noiser than stock? Also, how much to they weigh comapred with stock?

Cheers.
  11. mrsdnf

mrsdnf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lost between the Dandenongs and Yarra Valley
    I had mine put on at the dealers before delivery so not much help to you. The heat shields are steel and weigh a bit on there own.
    AMGrrr likes this.
  12. Creechure

Creechure Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well...... now its gone. ripped off by some branches on a tight single track trail.

But, at the end of the day, I managed to get a pretty picture.
    [​IMG]
    Rotax655 and mrsdnf like this.
  13. Creechure

Creechure Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm very keen on the Barretts, but being on a restricted bike it wouldn't really be that beneficial for me as I wouldn't be able to apply the appropriate map (not to mention modifying the exhaust would probably void my insurance!)

My dealer indicated they sound a treat and as per dnf says, save a bit of weight.
  14. AMGrrr

AMGrrr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah cool. Would prob look at going for the single exhaust mod too when I get a muffler, then get it tuned. I'll get the 2 into 1 pipe thing that was mentioned a couple of pages back.

What's the deal with 2 mufflers vs 1. Is there any particular advantage with 2 mufflers, apart from that's how the factory wants it? Like, more torque or something?

Oh, and Creechure, I see you got yours at A1 too. Mines there atm for a service and warranty work.
  15. Tarmac Teaser

Tarmac Teaser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The price difference between the barrett silencers and the 2-1 conversion is nearly the same.
    The weight saving is quite a bit more with the 2-1 conversion (7.3kg compared to std) and it also free's up the left pannier mount for a tool tube or 2.
    I believe the standard set up is to allow the use of the cats inside them as 1 silencer would be far to big. I may be wrong on that one though.
  16. AMGrrr

AMGrrr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A tool tube would be great. Didn't even think of that.
  17. Tarmac Teaser

Tarmac Teaser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have 2 fitted to the left pannier frame. it carries most of my puncture repair and a stand for propping the wheels off the ground as I removed that heavy centre stand (3.2kg)
  18. MotoSly

MotoSly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply!
    I am going to get them replaced hopefully soon, cause this moring i started de bike to go to work, and heard a "clunk" and some ratteling, it sounded like a bearing lost all his balls..... and were flying around.
    To bad both SWM dealers in belgium are closed on monday... so i already send them an email, that i al has to be ASAP.. ( i don't like riding my bicycle to work in winter.... or summer. ;) )
    It should be under waranty, cause it's the 2018 model, and has less than 20000 kilometers on it.

I always feel bad when my bike is broken.
    But i am a bit lucky though.. cause i did a 1000km trip to london last weekend... and all went fine.
    So it could also have happend when i was abroad..
  19. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    IIRC looking long time ago on Leo (Arrow?) 2 vs 1 pipes for TE630 that 2-silenser was making more power through the range.

I'm putting 2 china akros which are 1.2kg/$35 each; 2-1 midpipe would shave ~1kg at most and would cost alot more than $35. Hopefully quieter too this is a travel bike.
  20. Tarmac Teaser

Tarmac Teaser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have to disagree with you on this one Cyclopathic.
    The china akros will blow apart very quickly ask me how I know.
    The mid pipe and quality silencer easily adds more power and make the bike quicker to rev or alternatively the barrett pipes. The china akros will not be quieter i've tried them.