New to the Tejas and Gulf States Region? CLICK HERE

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by DirtyDog, Aug 12, 2010.

1. jettech01

jettech01 Why be cleaning when you should be leaning.

Oddometer:
    Hello from the NW end of Houston Proper, not new to this site, but have been lurking for awhile, will be in the NW Houston Area for awhile yet then retiring to North Central Arkansas
    to my 20 acres of bliss.......Dirt has not been my primary riding experience, but love all types of riding as well as the eclectic people I meet.
  2. raynchk

raynchk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy from Del Rio! I came out to visit Big Bend Nat'l Park last March and can't seem to stay away. Traded my Victory Vision for a KTM 1290 SA on the return in March after having a flat tire in Rio Grande Village (guy up in Terlingua fixed it for me). Didn't take much of the park to convince me the Vision wasn't the right kind of ride for me. Came back out to the park on the KTM and really enjoyed it so made plans to come out here and stay for awhile. Unfortunately had an accident at Lake Meredith and totaled the KTM. Replaced it with an S10 and am happy. Quite a difference in the bikes. Like to meet some people and do some rides in the area, down to Mexico, too.
  3. Just Cliff

Just Cliff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm brand new to this site & live in central Arkansas. I picked up a 2014 1000 V Strom 1 year ago to go along with my 1400 Concours. I have yet to ride a single trail in AR., however I did do the NMBDR last May. Would love to meet some dual sport riders around central AR. My only dual sport riding buddy is in Florida! I see several rides going on very close to me, but I have things going on already on those dates.
  4. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    I guess it's close enough to move time... I've been in Alaska for 46 years and will be retiring from my cushy govt job, packing up and moving to our property near Summers, AR this summer. I've been running a welding/fab shop in the side up here for the last five years and am planning on doing the same in AR. I've been riding most of my life (dirt and street) and have been logging some pretty good mileage on ADV bikes over the last 9 years or so. I'm looking forward to exploring some of the lesser known parts of NWA. My current ride is a KTM 1190R, but I'm thinking of selling it before the move and picking up another BMW 12GS when we take root in AR (the wife says the Katoomer isn't as "smooth" as the BMW was...). Cheers!
    Drunk_Uncle likes this.
  5. CrazyBrad

CrazyBrad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Who in San Antonio who services HD and changes tires does good work and is reasonable?
  6. Johnnny13

Johnnny13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Moving from Fort Smith, Ar to Amarillo, Texas. Are there any off road or dual sport places to ride near Amarillo or east New Mexico?
  7. Woundflatout

Woundflatout Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Moving to Austin, TX from Portland for a new Job in ATX...besides the fact that I can no longer deal with the weather, the drivers, the meth and heroin addicts, and completely insane homeless camps...

It will be great to be back in the South.

The life journey has gone NY > NC > SC > OR and now TX! Looking forward to riding Hill Country and beyond!

My current ride is a 16 Husky 701.

Cheers,

Jason
    kojack06 and simplemind like this.
  8. metal_ftw

metal_ftw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some cool looking national forest area in east / central NM. Also check out the NM BDR routes.
  9. metal_ftw

metal_ftw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You should check out: Red river TX, big bend (I think) has a big trail system, NWAR, talahimena OK/AR.
    kojack06 and Woundflatout like this.
  10. FleshWound

FleshWound Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings from Austin TX. Just converted from Harley to a 2014 Tiger 800 XC.
    simplemind and Woundflatout like this.
  11. Woundflatout

Woundflatout Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you! How are you enjoying the Tiger? I had a 16 Tiger XCX that I sold to get the Husky. Sometimes, I miss that sweet triple!

Drop me a line if you'd like to ride sometime!

Cheers,

Jason

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    FleshWound likes this.
  12. FleshWound

FleshWound Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just got the Tiger on July 3rd so I have not had the time to get property acquainted with her. I am out of town this weekend and will hit some dirt roads by Llano on July 15th when I get back
    Woundflatout likes this.
  13. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I too am moving to Boerne, TX. AKMud knows me and where to get the best service on his GS now in Texas. Sorry just broke my arm patting myself on the back. Look forward some good year round riding.
    AKmud likes this.
  14. MightyManfred

MightyManfred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Greetings from SE OKlahoma! Spent many years in the Airhead forum. Sold that bike last year and picked up an 85 Honda Sabre 700. Working out suspension issues. Expect it to be ready for a pie run this Saturday.
  15. TroyR

TroyR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey from Fort Smith, AR.
    I see there is a couple others in Arkansas on here.
  16. shakespear

shakespear Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Madison Mississippi here
  17. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    My little brother knows the GM over at Javelina, college fraternity brothers, and speaks highly of him. I would think the business would be a reflection of that. I was a Harley tech before moving to Texas. Now just BMW.
  18. tomtom

tomtom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello from Houston!
    Been riding/racing off and on for about 15 years.
    Last bike was a 450x supermoto which was a ton of fun, except on the longer rides.
    Just purchased my first big ADV bike and looking to make some new friends to explore some farther out places.
    nitrotx likes this.
  19. dezertpilot

dezertpilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New Adventure twin owner here, over in Conroe/The Woodlands North of Houston, looking to go on some local rides.

I ride a 2018 KTM 1290 SA S
    nitrotx likes this.
  20. dezertpilot

dezertpilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Were you riding this weekend? I saw a bike just like yours in Porter off the 1314 I think it was?