NEW Trailtech Voyager Pro - speculation and rumour

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by iggs, Oct 17, 2014.

1. TThelper

TThelper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Transferring GPX via a Bluetooth or WiFi is not currently available. This may be a feature in the future.
  2. TThelper

TThelper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great feedback, thank you.

RPM - We have fixed this issue and there will be a sensitivity setting in the new firmware (out in a few weeks)

Sena 20S and iPhone - That should work, I'll run this by our engineers and see if they have an idea of whats going on

Auto on - I believe this is being addressed in the new release

Tracking (footprints) - Is the tracking on? Its in the tracking menu and you should see a red dot on the main map screen indicating it is on

Locked up release button - We have not seen this issue but I'm guessing the locking setscrew was very close to the lock position and vibrated enough to lock it
    The_Eccentric likes this.
  3. mauroarriagada

mauroarriagada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pretty cool to see you guys actively listening your Customers and improving your products. Thanks!

Pundy likes this.
  4. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    that's too bad. is routing getting the same priority?
  5. wavehog3

wavehog3 KTM_Ken

Oddometer:
    Thank you TrailTech for putting on a super BBQ and gathering yesterday featuring and celebrating the launch of the new Voyager Pro. There were dozens of units installed on all kinds of vehicles as they were giving demo rides on some of the Polaris side-by-sides on a property adjoining their headquarters and warehouse. It was a fun little gathering and a great chance to meet a really great bunch of people. It might be a Polaris company now, but they still have the small business family feel which was on full display as the employees brought out their families to join in the festivities at the end of their work week.

Thank you TrailTech for pulling it together, answering questions and considering suggestions for future updates. And congratulations to the winner of the Voyager Pro that they raffled off. What an awesome door prize!!

For those following the thread who haven't pulled the trigger on a purchase yet, I would highly recommend you jump in the queue. This is a super solid unit that will continue to see firmware enhancements from a really solid engineering team working on a product that should hold up to whatever abuse you throw at it. The buddy tracking feature is a real game changer and it was fun to watch a big screen display of a dozen icons all zipping around their industrial area complex. It isn't a trail perspective, but I can imagine how that is going to be a real bonus for snow bike season.
    jbcongo, Pundy and NSFW like this.
  6. kevin2735

kevin2735 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If anyone has installed one onto a BMW R1200GSA, I would like to see pics and what features you have wired into the mount if any. I am looking at having it on my dualsport, but would be nice to swap it between bikes as a GPS unit.
  7. wavehog3

wavehog3 KTM_Ken

Oddometer:
    Since I already have a full display on the GSA, I currently just wired for power with a connection to a distribution box that powers of the connection after a short but when the bike power is shut off.

What are you thinking you need to connect up?

I'll swap back and forth with 300 XCW dial sport. That is wired with RPM sensor, coolant temp sensor, wheel speed sensor and buddy tracking antenna.

20180603_123022.jpg 20180603_123022.jpg 20180603_123013.jpg
    Magus likes this.
  8. kevin2735

kevin2735 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is what I figured in terms of wiring. How is that mount working out for you on the bars? I was afraid that it would sit too low on the bars and be obscured by my tank bag. The Touratech GPS mounts have the Garmins up high the cross bar in front of the windshield above the console, just don’t know how I would mount it up there.
  9. wavehog3

wavehog3 KTM_Ken

Oddometer:
    I have run the mount for the Monterra in the same place on the GSA, the 300 and the 450 snow bike. No issues. But... I run Rox risers on the GSA and BRP risers on the 300. That probably helps. I'm super happy with that mount location though. It is solid, easy to read and to reach. No issues with even my big Wunderlich tank bag...
    kevin2735 likes this.
  10. mauroarriagada

mauroarriagada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @TThelper when are you guys planning to release the next firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Pundy

Pundy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is anyone making a billet mount yet for the VP head unit?
  12. wavehog3

wavehog3 KTM_Ken

Oddometer:
    I didn't get a picture of it, but there was a first gen and one off example of one installed on a Husky 250 TPI bike with a VP that was on display at their BBQ. I think it was an employee bike. It sounds like they are looking at creating one like they have for other products, but it is a big hunk of aluminum to turn into a billet mount. Guessing that they won't be cheap...
  13. TThelper

TThelper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I believe in 2-3 weeks but will check and report back. I may be off on that time frame so don't quote me on that.
    mauroarriagada and joebar like this.
  14. TThelper

TThelper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, we have the billet protector petty much done. My guess is about a month until we have them available.

Here it is on a 2017 KTM500 with our center mount. Shown un-anodized but production versions will be anodized.

[​IMG]
    RussellM, ohgood, joebar and 2 others like this.
  15. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv

Oddometer:
    finally got my hands on the pro. i had the endurance and voyager on my XR400. the bike wasn't a street legal from the factory, and to get it properly registered here in CA, have to do several things. had been using the TT computers as my dashboard. i was already happy with the voyager but the pro is even better.

here's mine mounted on my XR400
    [​IMG]

one disadvantage of air-cooled bikes is the lack of forced cooling. my bike have no reliable means to relatively monitor the engine temperature. already overheated it once and having a way to know the temp is an essential information. i like the fact that the speed stands out and not to search in the cluster of information. awesome to see elevation, odometer and battery voltage too all at the same time. the unit and be programmed whatever info is important to the user.
    [​IMG]

no more doubting my actual speed. the pro has 2 speed display, one from the wheel and the other is via gps. great thing the front wheel perimeter (based on diameter) can be calculated and programmed to the unit. at 45 mph, the wheel speed is slightly faster by 1-2 mph than the gps display. sure i can still refine this one, and likewise when a new tire is mounted since it can have a slight difference with the current tire. as long i account for the difference, then everything is good. really happy to see having 2 speed displays. the unit also allows to turn off one or the other, or both.
    [​IMG]

the tach bar graph is more of a bliing, but nevertheless a bunch of valuable info are shared on the same screen
    [​IMG]

i have no regret having the pro. easy to learn and use. i also find the looks very nice and functional.

in the past several years i have been using the garmin montana. the pro's gps capability is not as in depth as the montana, however the route and tracking on the pro hasn't disappointed me. being able to use the "ride leader" is a big plus. on the garming, i will need the CN and topo for me to create my routes or tracks. those i have to buy while the "ride leader" is free and loaded in my 3 computers.

we'll see the durability and reliability of the pro in the coming months ahead.

btw, the montana died on me 3x due to severe vibration while on the KTM 640. luckily, all are covered by warranty.
    advmoto66 and Jeff@TheQuadShop like this.
  16. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow. That looks like good size and easy to read. Will be watching for durability and ride reports.

NSFW likes this.
  17. avconnect

avconnect Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will that guard still allow quick removal of the unit or will the guard stay with the unit when you remove it from the mount?
  18. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Geesh, just tripped on this thread and going back I see this with protector. Very nice. Have a 16 500 EXC 6-Days, assuming this is plug and play. Perfect addition to a rally set-up. What's the warranty going to be on this Pro? Mostly just concerned with vibrations, don't expect it will get damaged there. If it does I've got bigger issues. Thanks.

19. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv

Oddometer:
    the display is the perfect size...i have the old voyager and not too bad...though i always wanted bigger numbers.

i was wrong with the tachometer bar graph as a bling. it is actually useful. i programmed the yellow warning at 7k rpm and redline at 9.5k so i get a quick visual. also, on the upper left and right of the unit are warning lights. it functions as engine rpm engine temperature warning. left is yellow and right is red.
    [​IMG]

rode dirt and rocks, gave the unit a little punishment. unlike my legs, it survived.
    [​IMG]

the gps was flawless. my track was along the trail.
    [​IMG]

time to go home once the air temp > 90F
    [​IMG]
  20. TThelper

TThelper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    oldfuddy likes this.