NEW Trailtech Voyager Pro - speculation and rumour

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by iggs, Oct 17, 2014.

1. TThelper

TThelper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actually we are working hard on the next release now. Should have some really nice feature upgrades. Not sure on the exact time frame so not going to provide a guess. The testing process, so we don't ship bad code, is extensive and time consuming as lots of feature are interrelated and need exhaustive testing.
  2. TThelper

Oddometer:
    Thank you for taking the time. We capture all thoughtful input like this for consideration.
  3. vtvette

vtvette Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm really loving this unit. All around excellent product.

Only issue is I'm not able to get a spark signal from the coil wire on my 2005 R1200GS? I've tried positioning the coil wire several ways as suggested in the instructions and changing the tech sensitivity setting to no avail.

Anyone else installed one on a BMW and got a good tach signal?
  4. TThelper

Oddometer:
    Glad you like it!!!

That has a standard coil and spark plug wire right? Not a Coil over plug?
  5. avconnect

avconnect Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My unit is having issues. It wont charge. I have left it on the charger for two days and this is what it shows in the display.

Attached Files:

6. Magus

Magus Never grew up... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had/have a similar issue with my unit - only shows about half charge max while being charged, regardless of charging time. However, in my case, when the unit is taken off power the battery lasts a solid 90 minutes, so it seems to be an issue with the display, not the battery.
    TThelper likes this.
  7. avconnect

avconnect Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Also, after a recent trip in Moab i walked through the instructions and could not find how to take a track i was recording and use it to find my way back.
  8. vtvette

vtvette Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's what my coil looks like. I tried wrapping the red spark lead around the rubber insulator at the top of the coil near the plug as per the instructions but had no signal.

I also tried wrapping it around the body of the coil below the insulator but no signal either.

Attached Files:

9. TThelper

Oddometer:
    So that a coil over plug type. You either need to get the tach wire down by the sparkplug or tap into the positive side of the plug. See instructions here... https://www.trailtech.net/media/wysiwyg/pdf/010-ELV-303.pdf Might be best to call our tech support and have them walk you thorough it. (844) 378-8143
    Magus likes this.
  10. EP Chris

EP Chris Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    An issue:

It seems like when the unit is left in the sun, the tach sensor goes crazy. Wife and I both parked the bikes for a few hours and when we got back on the tach sensor was pegged. They are both installed on a DRZ 400 with the sensor wire wrapped around the wire after the coil. In fact my bike is using the same wiring that I had installed with the original Voyager, and that worked fine back then. Has anyone else had issues with the tach sensor pegging out?

Going to try tapping the coil trigger wire and seeing if that helps instead of using the inductive pickup.

Some more thoughts ideas for improvement:
    • Swipe up/down on screen to change displayed screen
    • Quick double click on menu or back button to return to "home" screen, whichever one user specified. Home screen should also be the default on it goes to at power on.
    • If it's going to auto connect to Bluetooth when powered on, it should select my phone as the media source as well. My phone starts playing music once the voyager connects, but I still have to go in to the source selection screen and select phone instead of SD card.
    Magus and TThelper like this.
  11. ridermc

ridermc n00b

Oddometer:
    Mine pegs occasionally as well on an XR650L not sure what is causing it.
  12. Magus

Magus Never grew up... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Same thing happened to me this weekend. Tach has been fine but then, I believe in start-up after sitting in sun, was pegged. I was afraid something bad had happened but I either changed screens or more likely turned off and back on, and all was fine again and never had it happen again.

Appreciate your comments on improvements. Overall very happy with the unit and that screen ... best I have used on a bike.
    TThelper likes this.
  13. mauroarriagada

mauroarriagada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had an issue with the tach after some heat on my 1190. Got solved with a firmware update released ~1yr ago
  14. Davethestick

Davethestick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will we make it a whole year before there's another software update? Anybody wanna take that bet?
    mauroarriagada and typeamark like this.
  15. mauroarriagada

mauroarriagada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Probably more....
    Davethestick likes this.
  16. TThelper

Oddometer:
    We are working on a Firmware release right now with some really nice upgrades. We are testing this week and hope to release it shortly.
    NSFW, MaZ-, billiards101 and 2 others like this.
  17. ridermc

ridermc n00b

Oddometer:
    Oh no... you've gone and said it! :)
  18. rootofevil

rootofevil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope they release this soon. We are heading out on a 9 day trip soon and would like to have some of the talked about features. Do you have a list of the new features/defect fixes?

Thanks
  19. TThelper

Oddometer:
    We did. :shog
  20. Ck622

Ck622 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hopefully you can integrate the ride command maps into it along with group tracking. Same developer, correct?

A stand alone buddy beacon would be great too. I would buy several for my kid and my cheap friends that would never pay for the voyager pro.
    TThelper likes this.