NEW Trailtech Voyager Pro - speculation and rumour

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by iggs, Oct 17, 2014.

1. rootofevil

rootofevil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My biggest problem with the 1.3 upgrade is that the unit keeps reverting to North Up for the map display. I prefer to have it be my direction of travel but it always reverts to north up after 15+ minutes.

Trail Tech doesn't offer any forum for support that I can find so this is the only thread that I have every come across for discussion. I really wish they would have a support group or community as I like the product it just needs better support for the company and/or the community using it.
    Akunin, cabnoir, sati8d and 1 other person like this.
  2. Akunin

Akunin Neo-Vegabond

Oddometer:
    Has anyone used an external GPS antenna? Any info on how more accurate it is? Looking to increase accuracy in heavily wooded areas
  3. Akunin

Akunin Neo-Vegabond

Oddometer:
    Well after some exhaustive research and ultimately major disappointment it seems MVUM info can't be loaded on. It also appears that the far less feature packed Endurance 2 that I replaced this with has a maintenance reminding feature that somehow isn't included in this. So the two biggest features I was hoping for don't exist. And where did the screenshot feature go? (menu + up arrow) and there was a magnetic pin cover for the dock when the Vpro wasn't attached?

So as much as I like the rest of the features but with what this is lacking that I use the most I suppose I'll just eat my loses and just go back to the trusty old Montana 680t. So look for it in the for sale thread.
  4. Bikedude987

Bikedude987 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sooo.....is TT ever going to release a meaningful, feature expanding update like they've been promising from the start?

I'm guessing that RnD on any future features has effectively stopped and we have a stagnant product at this point. Hell, the 'updates' they've been slowly feeding out don't even fix the existing bugs (like you can't pick what music you listen to and it doesn't remember where you left off)
  5. sati8d

sati8d REALLY?? Eh! Oh! ca va pas non??? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not like you guys that want gps to do everything, hell buy a Garmin and give control.... nope, I use phone for music and calls and gps for navigation only....that's what I like about the TTPro. It a gps unit for a motorcycle.
    If you guys are looking for "infotainment systems", I do think the real price point will be much higher like in vehicles.
  6. Bikedude987

Oddometer:
    Music not working was an example. The biggest thing that was promised and not delivered was the buddy tracking pucks. This is one of the major things that made me want this unit and it is so much smoke so far. That and it's pretty rough UI for a dedicated GPS, so I can't even say it does that well.
  7. Pundy

Pundy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you found that the buddy tracking doesn't really work?
  8. Bikedude987

Oddometer:
    It only works with my affluent friends. And only within earshot...so not particularly useful!
  9. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't have any issues with it....have you updated the firmware? All units must have the update.

Ryan
  10. Rbott

Oddometer:
    I have to add that Google maps works much better for turn by turn navigation than any Garmin GPS i have ever used. I use the Voyager Pro for the basemap and for following and recording tracks. Works excellent for that. The buddy tracker is a great feature as well. Would be nice if the music player had a few more options, like being able to shuffle your whole music library.
    Pundy likes this.
  11. mattcgtx

mattcgtx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I agree been a long time with no new features, would be great to send gpx to the unit with bluetooth vs using the BS micro card.
    Be careful it will shoot across the garage near to be seen again.
  12. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It would also be nice if the gps track on your TTvP uploads to the "buddies" TTvP. This last weekend was the first time I got to try out the Buddy tracking. Worked fine although not a great distance. My son didn't have the track loaded in his TTvP so he just had to guess where I was until the tracking kicked in. If your buddy is on the same track as you, it should just upload the track to all buddies connected.
  13. Ck622

Ck622 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don’t upgrade to 1.3. The ride time doesn’t work and I saw no improvement from the previous version
  14. Rbott

Oddometer:
    You can easily upload the track from your SD Card to your sons unit......or save to SD card from your unit and then upload to your sons unit.

Ryan
  15. Davethestick

Davethestick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anybody having issues after the latest update? My unit has lost all sensor inputs (engine temp, ambient air temp) and the battery is dead despite being connected tp the wall. It will stay on for hours but the internal battery says 0.0v. Maybe I have a hardware problem. This is my second unit and I fear hardware issues.... Ugh
  16. White Owl

White Owl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,
    my apologies if this post exists, but has anyone used the Voyager pro for any BDR's? I have experience with the Voyager and have recently upgraded to the Voyager Pro with his coming in the mail any day!
    thanks
  17. Rbott

Oddometer:
    Yes, I used it for the NEBDR, worked great. Save the gpx on to a microSD card and then go into the Track menu to load them into the unit and make sure they are turned on to be visible.
    White Owl likes this.
  18. White Owl

Oddometer:
    Cool, can’t wait to try it out. I’ll probably try do some local rides and feel it out. Chillin near by locally until things start opening up. In the mean time it will be good to some shake down rides. I appreciate it! I’ll still use my phone too, but probably with the rever app, plus save tracks on google too.
  19. typeamark

typeamark Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Run parts of NVBDR and CABDR with perfect results
    White Owl likes this.
  20. White Owl

Oddometer:
    Nice to hear!