New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Odd thing happened on the way home last night.
    Oil Service notification came on but the oil trip was only registering 2500 miles.
    Service book lists two services, first one at 590 and a second one at 1528 miles.
    I bought it at roughly 2400 miles and its got just over 4000 miles now.
    Manual says oil service warnings are spaced at 600, 2400 and 3000 thereafter.
    So it appears mine has gone off either 500 miles early or 100 miles late?
    Confused.
  2. RalphM

RalphM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There's no telling what as gone on the counter runs from when it was reset and if you
    don't know how they can be difficult you have to hold the button for 15 secs or something
    at one point so it could have been reset at the wrong miles, I would change it at 3000 and
    reset the trip at the same time and see were it comes on again, you are then back on a
    known schedule and it's only a pint or two of oil..
  3. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Plan to change tomorrow with mileage just over 4000 and reset oil trip, then change again at 6000 mile service as normal.
  4. Alexander B

Alexander B Long timer

Oddometer:
    They also built the XT660 models and build the MT/FZ/FJ-07 as well. It is called MBK since many years.
  5. Alexander B

Alexander B Long timer

Oddometer:
    You might want to check how it behaves. My 2015 XJR1300 is very tricky to start when it is even somewhat approaching freezing temperatures. It cranks fine, but is reluctant to fire up. As it almost starts, it may start firing on 2 or 3 for half a second. Once fired up, it will not bog or stop.
    Had it in for a full checkup, and besides a TB sync, there was nothing wrong. Seems common with the EFI models of XJR. Gets better if I twist throttle a bit, or a second attempt a couple of minutes later.

OTOH, the 2012 XT660 (with stock battery, no tender ever...) starts easily if the battery is strong enough to turn the crank decently...
  6. Dr. John

Dr. John Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    If the cold issue arises, a 12 volt lithiun ion jump starter (mine is from Costco @ $60) is small 8 1/2" X 5 1/2" w/case is the ticket. Good down to -4 F and remains ready for months. Mine has chunky battery clamps/clips so I installed longer battery bolts for ease of use. And as always, I know there are options, this is only a suggestion.
  7. RalphM

RalphM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would it or have you tried the jump starter start the scoot with a flat battery?
    just very interested as if you managed to flatten the battery away from home
    there's no other way of starting the scoot if it will start it it's got to be worth wile.
  8. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. Dr. John

Dr. John Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've started my Tenere, a 1200 twin, and my Scion TC, both w/ FLAT batteries instantly. The claims made for many of these jump starters are 3-5 auto or truck starts in a row, so I'd be pretty sure it would fire up any scoot. Charge it once or twice a year for 1/2 hour from a USB port, leave it under the seat, and ride.
  10. dbeth

dbeth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tried to start mine up here in WI in 40 degree temps. I hadn't run it for a couple days, and it turned over and over and over and over....took a few tries, but it finally fired up and I just let it warm up a bit. It ran fine, but it sure didn't want to start. Mine XMax sits inside an attached garage, fyi.
  11. Wdoney

Wdoney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It was 49 this morning and mine started right up. We will see how it goes as it get progressively colder out.
  12. CashCow

CashCow Rocketeer

Oddometer:
    Mine started every time during the harsh North Florida winter last year.
  13. S/W

S/W Long timer

Oddometer:
    I found a SAE connector on mine in the front wheel well. I didn't ask the dealer if they put it in. I moved it, so it comes out beside the accessory holder and USB outlet I bought from YAMAHA. I usually don't buy electrical accessories , but this outlet was also a bracket for my RAM mount. It works very well and I didn't think I would build anything that looked better. I will post a picture as soon as I take it.
    Speedtrap likes this.
  14. S/W

S/W Long timer

Oddometer:
    yamaha mount1.JPG
    Notice the coax type connector hanging down. I replaced the SAE with this because I don't like SAE connectors. I use an adapter for my battery charger.
    There is an USB outlet under the rubber cover with the YAMAHA LOGO. It comes with a wire harness which connects to the glove box outlet wire harness.
    kpinvt likes this.
  15. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    I installed that same Yamaha USB and mount for my wife's scoot this weekend. No handlebar for that kind of mount, and this accessory comes with a handy place to mount stuff. I was very impressed with how "factory" it looks. We ordered it from Amazon, it came from a Yamaha dealer.

[​IMG]

She has a new phone mount coming - she didn't want a mirror mount, and the one in this photo is from her previous scoot. The toughest part of the install was removing all the panels to get to the 12v accessory plug wiring.
    kpinvt likes this.
  16. RalphM

RalphM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like that.
  17. Glen e

Oddometer:
    BF462905-E1B3-43F4-B2D1-E512BA901B3F.jpeg 7886C644-8D68-4BFB-A7AD-3FA44933F345.jpeg

Just an update for the yam heritage “speed block” decals I received today via Thailand mail. About 10 days start to finish in shipping… Decals arrived in great shape, packaged well, and is 3M heavy duty vinyl, not cheap decals....Very excited to see how this looks… It came rolled, all these kinks will come out with a heat gun, but unlike some decals I have received , not hard folds that Won’t come out, this will be perfect.… Here’s the link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-X-MAX-XMAX-X-MAX-300-Sticker-Designed-Fairings-Full-Body-Graphic-Parts/332604268315?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I think I may stop right here, I wanted a contrast vs all white, I don’t want to smother the bike in stickers…
  18. RalphM

RalphM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yamaha speed block decals, they should be made compulsory.
    :clap
  19. Glen e

Oddometer:
    Exactly… I had my finger ready to click the yellow and black speed blocks, but I opted for the red instead…Not a huge yellow fan…
    RalphM likes this.
  20. S/W

S/W Long timer

Oddometer:
    Today I decided to try my heated jacket as it getting cool and I am spoiled having used heated gear for about ten years. I was wearing a Gordons jacket under a leather jacket, using a First Gear controller, the temperature was around 59F. The controller was set to full heat as I set off down the street at about 30MPH.The voltage came down to the lower thirteens pretty quickly and appeared to want to go down fast. When I sped up it didn't want to recover, so I reduced the load until I got to RT 1 and could do 55mph. I turned the load to about 1/4 and the voltage stayed mostly above 14 lowering to near 13.8 as the engine RPMs varied with load. 1/4 load was enough to feel warmth and I was maintaining the voltage and feel this might be a safe load level for the XMAX. Further testing is in order, but, I have a BMW that will power all the gear I have ; jacket, pants, innersoles and gloves, plus the heated grips and seat, so, I don't really need to use the scooter for cold weather, if I don't want. I usually dress warm enough and only use the electric heat for the extra comfort. My last scooter, a KYMCO 150i, would power the heated jacket with no problem at all, if you need a winter commuter for the city get one of those.