New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jack, you are a fool. Any experienced rider will tell you that you need to ride each bike 6500 miles to get a full assessment - not 6000. Your opinion of both bikes is useless until you go back and ride each one at least another 500 miles.

By the way, which Suzuki dealership do you work at?
    dbeth and thanosgp like this.
  2. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whew, this thread is best read after a good night's sleep.
    I'm old and have ridden so many different bikes it's hard to remember them all. I never paid much attention to how many miles I have ridden in my lifetime, but I know it's a lot.
    Every motorcycle, (and now on my second scooter) is /was a series of compromises . Never found the perfect hammer for the job, that's why I have several hammers.
    I appreciate this forum and all I have learned here, but please ladies and gentleman , let's have a bit more civility in our discussions .
    At this point in my life I try real hard to listen to the other person's point of view and hold my own council .
    Now what weight and brand of oil should I use .:imaposer
    kpinvt and RalphM like this.
  3. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    Talk about not reading a post... here's the fact, Jack: I DON'T own an Xmax, my wife does. Yes, I've ridden it a time or twelve, but it is not my ride. I ride a Vespa GTS. If the words are too tough for you to understand, look at the avatar photo to the left.

We get it - you like your B400. That doesn't make every other purchase of an Xmax "a mistake." You definitely fit the definition of a troll. I generally don't get into these "my bike is better than your bike" discussions... pretty much left that behind in Jr High School. My only objection to your initial post was the use of "a mistake."

Going 90 mph? You regularly run that on a scooter; any scooter? Well, there's another big ol' mistake for you. Explaining to us that we don't "carry the additional 75 pounds of weight"?? No shit, Shakespeare? I wish someone had told me that before I started carrying my wife's Xmax around... OMG, you are right: it is SO much easier to roll it! What other words of wisdom can you share with us? I'm kidding - I quit giving any weight to your words when you proclaimed to be saving others from making "a mistake." It might help, though, to know how many miles you've ridden each bike.:topes

I thought I made a mistake once... but, I was wrong. See, it is possible to keep a sense of humor, even when dealing with a troll. Kidding aside, I admit it: I made a mistake. I responded to your trollish post. But, I learned from that... I won't make that mistake again. When it comes to picking the right bike, there is an ass for every seat. And sometimes, there's just an ass.

Allow me to save some folks here from making a mistake: don't feel the troll.
  4. thanosgp

thanosgp Xr rules

Oddometer:
    Not funny at all mate, sorry!
    Jack2001 likes this.
  5. Wdoney

Wdoney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A beautiful day yesterday for a nice afternoon ride on the XMAX. 67° in Nashville with a clear sunny sky. Leaves are changing and many dropping. Didn't want the ride to end but has few things to take care of before work today. Still averaging 85 MPG and the mushroom plug I put in a few thousand miles ago is still holding air. It looks like it will last the life of the Dunlop OEM tire which I think might get 7-8K. Life is good
    kpinvt and DandyDoug like this.
  6. RalphM

RalphM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep those mushroom plugs work well I've used them on a few vehicles and not had one that didn't last the like of the tyre.
  7. Bueller

Oddometer:
    64 posts in three years and you post this.

Thank you for your invaluable contributions!
  8. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    No you don't. You really must be stupid. Just one panel needs to be removed, remove 2 screws, takes 2 mins. The windshield doesn't have to come off at all. RTFM:

xmax.png
    ismatts likes this.
  9. ismatts

ismatts Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did anyone even watch this how to video, Jeez its incredibly easy.
    Ivabign likes this.
  10. RobG.

RobG. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    pb9_7ee1b7ca264bff46316ba7a3fef8cfa8533fd93c[1].gif
    Moat and CaptnJim like this.
  11. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Bueller, I thought it was funny! And, other than the troll not being able to figure out how to post a quote properly, I didn't see any humiliation. Well, maybe the troll's, but he seems to take joy in trying to stir things up. Apparently, he didn't get the memo that Battle Scooters is generally a friendly place. I agree with you: an extra 500 miles could very well be the point where the Xmax "opens up" and the B400 begins its disintegration. Oh, wait - the troll made a mistake and sold his Xmax, so he would have to buy another one to get the additional 500 miles in on it. And, assuming his natural trollish progression, now that he has that magic number of miles in on his B400, he should be ready for the next bigger scoot, which will prove that he made a mistake in spending good money on a B400.

Where did you read how many miles he had on each? Guess I missed that. :jack

Bueller, you are one of the good guys. You know what they say about "wrestling with a pig"... yeah, similar to arguing with an idiot. So many idioms that could be stated, but it is probably best to refrain from having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Don't feed the troll.
    Buspassdodger and Moat like this.
  12. deepcdiver

deepcdiver Nobody Special

Oddometer:
    Not to mention diameter of discs, how many pistons in each caliper,... etc
  13. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Aye, it reveals I can read a service schedule.
    CaptnJim likes this.
  14. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Well, it looks like the troll and his last few comments have been removed. Thanks to the moderators for keeping this place friendly. I just got back from a refreshing ride and was planning to put him on "ignore." My apologies here for getting drawn into the troll's posts; I appreciate a spirited discussion... this wasn't.
  15. Bueller

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the compliments Jim. Looks like I missed some of the fun, but I caught myself up with it in head explody.

Humiliated :lol3 :rofl

I guess he speaks from his own perspective. That might be enough to humiliate him, but if a response that mild bothered me I never would have survived on Advrider for the last 16 years :lol3

Moving on, I still love the Xmax I picked up last May. I’ve only ridden it once since I returned from Western NC at the end of August, so I guess that means I rode nearly 6000 miles in 3 months (see what I did there :evil )

I’m looking forward to spending the winter with it in FL, and leaving many of the tools I used to carry with other bikes at home!
    CaptnJim likes this.
  16. Jarvis

Jarvis DC GSer Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Okay, here's the deal. Jack2001 has been given a short vacation and asked to chill the fuck out. Hammerrr, Jack's fake has been banned permanently.

Can the rest of you stick to the topic? Thanks.
  17. Bueller

Oddometer:
    :rofl

:kboom

:ban

It’s no secret I think the Xmax is a wonderful scooter, but who knew it possessed such powers? I’m thinking about ordering another one, because if one Xmax is that irritating just think what I could do with two of them!
  18. CashCow

CashCow Rocketeer

Oddometer:
    After carrying tools and spare parts everywhere I rode Rocket before the engine change, I was talking to Walt (Flyguy2 in the last two Cannonballs) about buying a Yamaha.

His response was “But what are you going to do with all of your tools?”

My Xmax has been perfect for its first 16,000 miles (way more than 6000)

I will probably keep it to way past 100,000.

And keep riding with minimal tools.

Gregg, I am looking forward to seeing you back in the Sunshine State.

Bill
    Moat and Bueller like this.
  19. Bueller

Oddometer:
    We’re getting up to 3” of snow tonight, and temperatures that won’t make it out of the mid 20’s tomorrow.

I cannot begin to describe how ready I am to head south :lol3

See you soon!
    CashCow and ddarkone7 like this.
  20. minimac

minimac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bill, if the XMax is as good as my old Majesty was, and I'm of the opinion it's better, you can indeed lose most of your tools. I only had a valve check and belt change@25k, another belt change @ 30k- because I bought a cheap aftermarket belt (never again), and a tire, front and rear, in 35k of riding.
    Bueller- I arrived in Leesburg, Fl today to 83 and lots of sun! It was a little bit of snow but a cool 26 when I left Upstate NY.
    The Virginian, CashCow and Bueller like this.