New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered 2020.
    Speedtrap, Ivabign, Wdoney and 2 others like this.
  2. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What colors are ava for 2020, and what color are getting. I would have ordered one this year if it was a different color than the flat black, it looks like primer to me.
    Speedtrap likes this.
  4. crazygordon297

crazygordon297 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good luck with your 2020, I just bought mine last month and ride it much as I can.
  5. Wdoney

Wdoney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unlike other parts of the world we in the US do not buy enough maxi scooters for manufactures to usually carry more than one color per model. The 2020 model only comes in flat black with a few panels in gray. The wheels however are no longer black but a bronze color. I guess Yamaha does not think Americans like colors. We have been given white panels, black panels and now gray. I guess they want to appeal to as many people as possible so they pick neutral colors. Other parts of the world have seen red, blue, yellow, silver, bronze and gray. If you google the most popular colors for cars in the US you will see white, silver and black being the most common so Yamaha might be correct in their choices.
  6. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    I liked the black and white (2018) version but it was too difficult to obtain one. I agree we need more color options.
  7. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    Agree, wish we had some color choices. 2020 color is called Shadow Grey. Looks almost black in pic but hopefully its a little brighter. 2020 was $1000 more than slightly used 2019 and 500 or 600 more than new 2019 so decided to wait for 2020. No word yet on when ships but likely later Dec./Jan. Have read all 181 pages here and some more than once so appreciate all the input and advice. Glad you're enjoying yours crazygordon but unlike you we have winter here so will have to pick and choose days till we get into March and April. How is the break-in going?Going to do your own 600 mile service or take to dealer?
  8. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    Definitely a consideration but removing all those clips may be a PIA.
  10. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No may be about it, definitely is, but could be worth it if you get a nice bright shiny yellow scooter at the end of it?
  11. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    So I've read. Will probably stick with stock color. Any mods for me will probably be functional ones like a rear fender, etc.
  12. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    Break in is quite painful, keep trying to remind my self to slow down. I tried taking a Chinese scooter from key largo to key West and 15 miles away the scooter gave up.

I plan on doing the 600 mile service myself already bought the oil and filter.

I saw the YouTube videos and don't seem hard. Order lights from China but who knows when I'll get them. Lol
  13. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    Agree on oil and break-in. When the time comes I'll keep reminding myself the manual says no "sustained" speeds above the recommendation. What lights are you ordering? I'm not electrically inclined and some of what I've read here is a little above my understanding and afraid I'll cause unintended electrical issues.
  14. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    I am going to change the front blinkers first and then the back. Not sure which style for the back yet. When I get mine next month I'll report back as to any issues. I think the hard part would be taking apart the panels.
  15. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    keep in mind the blinkers are halogen so you need to change both sets, you cant mix front leds and rear halogens because they run on the same blinker module. So either all halogen or all LED, on all 4.....
  16. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    Thank you for posting the information. I will look into rear lights. Probably use the stick one from Amazon.
  17. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    I'm not understanding something. The Yamaha specs say all front and rear are LED.
  18. Glen e

Oddometer:
    the US spec turn signals are halogen. Guaranteed… It may be referring to the European spec which is a different turn signal. See USA manual page 10-3 .....everything else on the bike EXCEPT the turn signals is LED...
  19. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    Ok, the spec was referring to headlight and taillight. Can the turn signals be changed to LED by just changing bulbs? I know that was discussed somewhere. I'm just interested in them being a visible as possible.
  20. Glen e

Oddometer:
    7A6678AF-38CA-4CA4-838C-7240C1456455.png No...it’s a halogen receptacle taking a bayonet type halogen. The look won’t really be any different. Look back around page 85 or so, (+or -10 pages) I go through the entire DIY for turn signals, the ones I use are extremely similar to the dagger type Signal from their MT-10 model, so the bike looks OEM when you’re done.

Remember it’s not just the turn signals you need, you need the LED flasher plus the pigtail, and the Yamaha OEM washers made for turn signals… Links are back there somewhere, About page 85.
    DandyDoug and kpinvt like this.