New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, thanks.
  2. crazygordon297

crazygordon297 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok I will go back and read it again. Thank you
  3. S/W

S/W Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought some Yamaha parts and found them quite reasonable compared to my BMW. I had a BMW 600 Sport, the CVT belt from BMW is almost 300 bucks, I bought one from Italy, I think it was about 90 Bucks. Yep same belt.
  4. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    bluemoon1 likes this.
  5. ismatts

ismatts Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just bought a 10 pack of those lights from amazon for $8.50 shipped.
    Also what you are trying to do is highlighted on pages. Like 87
  6. Wdoney

Wdoney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    AFE75416-DF42-4AB9-A610-2589C2D2CCF5.jpeg
    Glen
    The turn signal bulbs in the XMAX are an incandescent bulb with a wedge base. There are plug in LED’s available to replace these but a load equalizer would also have to be installed.
  7. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like the looks of those amber fog/driving lights you have added.
    I thought about adding them to my Vespa, no place to mount them though. :-(
  8. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    Not familiar with load equalizer but would a new LED blinker relay be easier? I believe that is up front near the battery is it not? Just plug and play assuming your not going the route mentioned by Wdoney. Trying to lay out the groundwork for one of these options.
  9. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    If it’s called an incandescent bulb, so be it , it’s not a halogen. (5PW-83331-00-00)

That wasn’t really my point. It is a filament bulb and not an LED. I didn’t care to go messing with changing around the internals of the tulip signal, because the big problem for me is the whole signal is ass ugly… And that’s why I wanted it gone. The only daggers I wanted were LED, so now the entire bike is LED. And the look at so much better than the Yamaha Tulip.

there is only one turn flasher module on the whole bike. One small block does all four flashers. If you have incandescent flashers, it takes one type of module. If you have LED, it takes another. It is located on the left side of the bike back near the rear side under the white plastic. It is simple to get to when you remove the cargo tub, is staring you in the face. It is a pluggable pigtail off the wiring harness, and if you splice another couple leads off of it, and hook up a small speaker, you now have turn signals that are audible. Easy mod.
  10. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know of the USA part number for the Yamaha emblem once I remove the front blinkers. I was able to pick up a Yamaha part number from this forum but it was UK part number and my dealer can't order it. If you don't know part number maybe the size of the emblem in mm? As Amazon has several emblems but different sizes, thank you.
    ismatts likes this.
  11. RalphM

RalphM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you haven't a answer by tomorrow I will measure mine.
  12. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    The part number is on the bag. Go to page 31 if you're doing the Euro signal mod.
    [​IMG]
    ismatts likes this.
  13. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    I used this part number and the dealer can't locate it, she says its probably not a USA part number. I can order on Amazon but there are different sizes, thank you.
  14. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    Ordered. Thank you
    The Virginian likes this.
  16. ismatts

ismatts Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can you measure yours so we know which ones to order from amazon?
    The Virginian likes this.
  17. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    Ok when I get it as it is coming from far far away in Thailand. I figure two weeks which is fine.
    The Virginian and ismatts like this.
  18. Hip001

Hip001 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just do the Euro turn signal conversion. You will not regret it!! Asian-motorsports.com is where i ordered mine from. Hardest part is taking the front apart.

Attached Files:

kpinvt and The Virginian like this.
  19. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    Anyone keeping up with or attending the IMS in Long Beach this weekend? Thought they might comment on or show the 2020 release of the XMAX. Probably no changes other than color but units haven't been released yet in the U.S. Several dealers in FL showed the 2020 on Cycletrader but when I spoke to a dealer there they said sometimes Yamaha will place these on their website but they won't actually have the unit for awhile. My order and deposit is in but my dealer hasn't heard anything on delivery yet.
  20. m125358

m125358 n00b

Oddometer:
    For those with the OEM Yamaha top cases installed on their scoots... Are they decently waterproof or is the separately sold liner bag more of a requirement than a suggestion? I'm thinking about purchasing the 50L as it would really alleviate all the cramming of gear under the seat that I currently go through every day. But, I live in Florida, so adequate waterproofing is a must.

I primarily use my Xmax for commuting (60mi round trip) and between riding gear, gym bag, lunch box and backpack it can sometimes get interesting to try to get everything under the seat. The other option I'm considering is Rok-strapping an enduristan dry bag to the passenger grab rails and calling it a day.