New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Everybody has this huge major worry that the Fob is going to explode/malfunction/break. Tape an extra battery underneath the seat to the seat bottom. As soon as you get the bike. The fob isn’t a problem, most of the CR 2032 batteries you can buy these days, some of them are defective after a month or two.
  2. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    the bike warns you by flashing a light on the speedo panel when the fob battery is getting weak. This will happen weeks before the battery is finished.
  3. Glen e

Oddometer:
    Not really… There are threads here that show that it can be a spontaneous immediate failure of the battery.I had one, 10 months in....Like I said, it’s the battery not the fob....

Mine died within one year, on one day, and never showed a low battery light prior to that day.

Also fob related; If I put my keys in the same pocket as my new iPhone, it can interfere with the radio transmission and the bike won’t start. Or beeps incessantly after you turn it off. Moving the keys across my body to the opposite pocket solves the problem.
  4. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine always gets switched off after every ride. Mine gave me the dashboard warning after 2 years and 3 months. Carried on using it with the dashboard warning for a further 5 weeks and then changed the battery.
  5. S/W

S/W Long timer

Oddometer:
    The problem with the GIVI topbox backrests is they are to high. Most people will be more comfortable with a backrest closer to the small of their back.
  6. Motogasoline

Motogasoline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What benefit is the fob?
    fm13 likes this.
  7. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love the fobs in my cars and trucks but still wondering how it will improve my upcoming XMAX experience? Guess I don't have to keep track of a key.
  8. Glen e

Oddometer:
    I really don’t understand people who have a problem with the fob. What’s not to like?Once I put it in my pocket I never have to take it out of my pocket again therefore I don’t leave it anywhere, the key doesn’t scratch the bike, or the key ignition get screwed up. I love it.

And before anybody says that the fob could break, these are the same type of comments we got when the disc brake came along, pointless ignition, and every other advancement made on motor vehicles.
    CashCow likes this.
  9. Glen e

Oddometer:
    If you love it in your cars, why would you think you would not like it on your Xbox? It’s exactly the same thing.
    Wdoney likes this.
  10. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok I'm convinced. Will look forward to it.:D
  11. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    None.
  12. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I lost a key many years ago on an out of state trip .
    Took several days to get a new one from a dealer.
    Solved that problem ; I take a spare key in my jacket's inner pocket , change jackets , no problem move key to new jacket.
  13. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    My wife wasn't sure about the fob when she got the Xmax. Now, with some experience with it, she likes it. My perspective: it is a nice feature; wouldn't be a deal-breaker either way. She generally wears a small shoulder bag when she rides; the fob goes in there - good to go. I'm a guy - I like pockets. :-) But, what do I know: my scoot uses one of those old fashioned key things.
  14. aguim

aguim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a spare key hidden 'somewhere' on the bike, but can't quite remember where...
    Bar None likes this.
  15. minimac

minimac Long timer

Oddometer:
    As long as you remember to do that!
  16. Southcoastkayaker

Southcoastkayaker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    These fobs are very expensive to replace I bought a silicon cover to protect it a bit more and a bright green concertina cable with a clip that I clip to my jeans when I use the scooter. I really don’t want to lose it. If you buy a spare overseas it may not programme to the scooter as some fobs are designed to work in specific areas only. I’m in Singapore where they are $70 Singapore dollars.
  17. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Its like an easy pass for toll roads. Don't have to get in your pocket to move on!
  18. Anon2018

Anon2018 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The fob may be convenient but is it really that much more convenient than the chipped key supplied with my Tracer 700?

As far as I’m concerned it’s the answer to a question which I would never have asked. I could recently have been left stranded when the battery low warning light started blinking on my dash. I ignored it as I assumed it was a low speed abs warning light as used to appear on my BMW and it’s only because of a recent comment by site member that I became aware of the light’s purpose and changed the battery.

Then again I don’t own or see the use for mobile phones, gps, intercoms etc so my opinion probably counts for little.
  19. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A friend was seriously considering buying one of these but decided the ergonomics weren't right for him. Another thing that turned him off was that the service department quoted him $1100 for a valve adjustment:loco
    Bar None likes this.
  20. CashCow

CashCow Rocketeer

Oddometer:
    I had my mechanic, Chris, do the valve adjustment with other services at 12,000 miles. The valve part was around $150 based on time and rate.

Dealers!?!? That is why I stay away from them.
    Bar None likes this.