New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Many dealers use a service that automatically sends their invoices to their advertising company/organization, that then auto- populates their “new bikes available” on their website… If the bike is on their website, as indicated above, it should be within the next 60 days.
  2. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That explains it.
  3. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Long timer

Oddometer:
    If the Piaggio / Vespa spongy brake recall doesn't fix the problem .
    I might be calling my Yamaha , Dealer friends in Fl. to see if they can get an X Max or a T Max :lurk
  4. crazygordon297

crazygordon297 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I finally got to my bike as I was gone for Thanksgiving and my Fob totally failed. I re-programed it lets see if this fixes the problem.
  5. donmac

donmac casual angler

Oddometer:
    I'm waiting to see what some of the 2019's will be going for once the 2020's start hitting the floor.
  6. crazygordon297

crazygordon297 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Measurement is 5 Centimeters.
    ismatts likes this.
  7. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think they will set on the sales floor for a while longer. The 19s and the 20s are still black. When will they offer colors other than black or silver? I do like the X Max but in a different color, like the rest of the world gets. Just my opinion.
    minimac likes this.
  8. Wdoney

Wdoney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In my opinion the design and function of the MAX make it far more attractive than any color concern. If you don't own one because of the color you are missing out on something special.
  9. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    The 2020 color is Shadow Grey but does look black on Yamaha page, maybe a little brighter anyway.
  10. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fob means much less chance of losing it compared to a key. With a key you need to take it out of your pocket to start the bike, move it again to open the filler cap, move it again to open the seat etc, etc.
  12. FreewheelBurning

FreewheelBurning Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How can people question the key fob? For me, the question is opposite: What's the point with a key? I love it so much, I'm refusing to buy a bigger scooter until they also come keyless. It is permanently placed in inner pocket of mc leather jacket. Never have to take gloves off or fiddle with key to start. Simply glorious!
    Wdoney and CashCow like this.
  13. Wdoney

Wdoney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't mind the fob but don't understand why it does not work like the one for my car. Having to turn the ignition selector switch to select on, off open and lock is a nuisance. It also should be illuminated for those that ride at night or early in the morning. Once you get within the distance of the XMAX with the fob you should just have to use the buttons to activate these things and have a push button to start it. I am sure there is a reason for the selector switch but I find it awkward to use.
    FreewheelBurning likes this.
  14. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    That selector switch does a lot of different functions - not sure how you'd accomplish all that more concisely and not take up more space.
  15. FreewheelBurning

FreewheelBurning Adventurer

Oddometer:
    55? It would be a dream to have such temperature. I can ride to about 46. Problem is mornings can be quite dangerous with frost or ice. Weather schedules report on temperatures a few feet above ground, and at ground level can often be freezing even if "air" temperature is reported to be above freezing throughout the night. Because of that, and salt and sand/gravel poured onto roads for cars to keep traction/grip, I parked it for the winter. Never hated winter before now...
    kpinvt likes this.
  16. fm13

fm13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well that took some reading, I,ve read all 3735 posts over the last three weeks. Just reregistered on ADV , it would not recognise my last user name fm12. I,m a English man living in France the wrong side of 70. Just ordered a xmax, pick it up in Jan next year, it's a 2019 model the 2020 model was going to cost me another 350 euros. After six months of looking I had whittled down my choice of scoot to a xmax, Honda forza or kymco 400 xcitingi. They all had their plus and minuses. The Honda had mirrors mounted on the front panel with built in indicators and power screen. The kymco had key ignition and a mechanical adjustable multi position screen. I tried all 3 bikes stactically for the ergonomics and the xmax got the vote. I,m 6ft3ins and 250 lbs. I really wanted to fit the Honda but the seat for me possibly because of my weight had a slight forward slope. The kymco just felt cramped. The xmax seemed to have a rear sloping seat that kept me up against the lumber support. Anyway last Saturday I booked a test ride, never in 55 years of motorcycling have I ever done a test ride,tried bikes for size but never test ridden. Anyway turns up for the test and it started raining quite heavy, after signing the forms about insurance and paying speeding fines , I was given a quick demo of the fob and starting procedures and of I went. This was the first time ever I had rode a scooter. Within a couple of kms I knew this was the bike for me. Did about 30kms (18 miles) in the rain, on return to the shop my lower legs and arms were wet, but my thighs and torso were dry, quite impressed. Handed the fob back in and dropped a deposit there and then, the only downside being there were no blue ones left on the Yam dealer availability site, so I went for blazing grey. Not taking delivery til the new year, might as well have 2020 on the registration papers. When I got home wifey asked how did the test ride go and had I bought one, my reply was test was good yes have ordered one and I will probably never ride a motorcycle again.
  17. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    Congratulations fm3 on your choice. It takes a while to read all 187 pages but well worth it; a lot of expertise here. I also made a choice on the XMAX after a test ride and awaiting delivery by the end of the month hopefully. Will be interested in your future comments when you take delivery. We only have one color choice for 2020 here in the states, shadow grey.
    fm13 likes this.
  18. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    good afternoon to everyone
    is the 2020 model of the X Max 300 coming with any changes from the 2019 model?
    sorry if it has been discussed before but I can get a pretty good deal on the 2019 and besides color changes I was wondering if anything else is new?
    as always, thanks so much, in advance
  19. Wdoney

Wdoney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The only difference between the 2020and 2019 is the color.
  20. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Every time you ride your Xmax you will be riding a motorcycle, for verily I say unto ye, scooters are motorcycles.
    shoeb, beRto., rdhood and 1 other person like this.