New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    it's still hard for me to fathom that we only get one color in the United States
    all they have to do is put a few more on the boat
    of course for $217 you can get the panels from any other color
    they are all over the Internet and we know that so I guess it really doesn't make any difference
  2. donmac

donmac casual angler

Oddometer:
  3. fm13

fm13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We have sonic grey(dark) and blazing grey for 2019 and power black and tech kamo (it's a sickly bronzey/green colour) for 2020, the tech kamo also has gold wheels. I bought the blazing grey, to be honest it looks more silver to me. I,ll probably will polish mine just to make it easier to wash and help the removal of dirt.
  4. fm13

fm13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did think about changing the panels, I really wanted a blue one but there were none left on the yam dealer website. I,ve spent enough lately on two wheels, you can only go so far when you have a joint bank account. Yes i know i should have listened to my mother.
  5. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That’s a great line . . . . “You can only go so far with a joint bank account.” Must frame that one. My Admiral is very understanding and I bribe her with car trips.
    fm13 likes this.
  6. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
  7. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    There are a few Matte spray sealants/detailers on the market that you can seal the finish with, Chemical guys and Adams each make one.
  8. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    After all the discussion on arrivals got a call from my dealer this morning. Bike came in yesterday and will be ready to go by tomorrow. Damn its cold here but will probably ride it the 20 miles home, no ice though. In the 40s.
    The Virginian and ClearwaterBMW like this.
  9. fm13

fm13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Same as me yesterday it was cold, the excitement of a new scoot will keep the cold at bay.
    The Virginian likes this.
  10. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats, after you read the owners manual cover to cover, the first thing to do is raise the windshield to the top notch!
  11. Renzo969

Renzo969 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I finally solve my cold finger problem. I rode Tuesday and Wednesday in 36-40 degree weather @ 70-80 mph. Took a hour and a half trip each morning. I work at night so the coldest temperatures are from 2am to 5am. The gloves work great only problem is my thumbs are left out of the heat. They have 3 setting ,but medium to High did not seem to differ. Extending my fingers straight from time to time let the heat flow to my finger tips, only after about a hour of riding was that needed. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z6K7PSY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I also have these on the way I Wasn't sure how the gloves would work. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QG714WY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I've been though so many gloves Reviews claim that glove work but I knew I needed glove that are rate at temperatures of 2 degrees or lower, with the wind chill playing a very important role in the gloves ratings. Plus in most reviews no one is riding over a hour in low temperature at highway speeds. Now I'm happy my fingers can be as warm as the rest on my body. Vacation is over now I'm ready to go back top work.
  12. Renzo969

Renzo969 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HZ89BOK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Keeps you 100% dry. I ride in the rain and down pour. I arrive at work dryer then anyone.(employees get wet from the parking lot to the building. I don't) Rain suit comes off in the building. Must are like" did you ride your scooter" ??? Why are you not even wet?
  13. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    that is wonderful
    congratulations
    still no word from my dealer here on the West Coast of Florida... may be 15 January sounds much more realistic after hearing that yours has already arrived
    thanks for letting us know and I hope to see some pictures soon.
    Stay warm and again congratulations
    The Virginian likes this.
  14. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have an Aerostich Darien jacket and 1st gear rain pants. Both bent well and keep me dry, and have been well tested on numerous trips of up to 7000 miles.

The difference these days is that I have no desire to ride in shitty weather. If I’m out riding and happen to get caught in a pop up storm that’s fine, I’ll keep riding. I’m old enough to want to take the car when I know it’s going to rain, but still young enough to remember when I thought taking the car over the bike (even in bad weather) was absurd!
  15. donmac

donmac casual angler

Oddometer:
    Ha! I can relate to that. My early 2000's Darien jacket and pants are still great - but they are not used much these days. I simply don't do the long-distance all-weather riding that I used to do... My GS doesn't get the mileage it deserves and I spend more time catching up with Battle Scooters than the GS related stuff... Oh well... times change... (to keep it on point I did talk to a dealer about an xmax today ;) )
  16. Renzo969

Renzo969 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I look them up "WOW" the price is up there with my Columbia and Arcteryx. I brought the Columbia Titanium from NY had it for 10 years. It was in great shape until I burned the wrist area on one of my scooters exhaust a couple years ago. Question about the Rain jacket, Does it vent well , like when the rain stops can you continue to ride with it on without getting too hot. I can ride my Arcteryx in Hot weather it vents very nice and so does the Columbia.The only thing I don't like about them is the hoods. I will have to put it on and then my helmet, other wise it catches rain if left to flop behind me.(they were not designed to be motorcycle jackets). My main use for the jackets are cold weather they really keep me warn on my scooters. The Gore Tex really does a great job,just wish they were newer jackets (better gore tech material). The rain suit I showed you vents very well you just unstrap the wrist or neck area Air flows is released though rear vents, keep you from turning into a balloon. Down side is it's staring to unravel on some of the Velcro. May only have a 3 year ware limit.
  17. Wdoney

Wdoney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I usually wear an Aerostich R3 when it rains. I have never minded riding in the rain except when it occurs on my Nashville commute home in the evening. Riding in the rain at night in city traffic is not for the faint of heart. I have been making that commute for 10 years now and it has become pretty routine. I have found I prefer the commute on the XMAX over my previous motorcycle.
  18. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    I’ve read the manual online so got that part plus some notes. I can change the oils at 600 mi but manual says dealer should do computer check. I’m wondering if that is necessary and if they need to see the scooter at 600? The other minor checks mentioned for 600 mi I can do. I have a Battery Tender on my ATV and Z turn and thinking of OptiMate 3 for MAX.
  19. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, the Aerostich vents well. I’ve been very happy with their gear and their service!
  20. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    I have a 20 yr old Darien Jacket that I have taken the armor out and will sometimes carry it as a rain / cold layer over my other jackets that are not waterproof. After all these years it is still a great Jacket !