New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Snorkeling in the Crystal River is a hoot, the manatee's are not to be touched though. Sometimes they will swim right up into your mask so it's tough to behave.
    That's one of the best places I ever took my daughter , she is 40 now and still talks about it.
    ClearwaterBMW likes this.
  2. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Little Mugsy after a day out on the Xmax with me. He loves riding so much that this is how he says thanks after we’re back at the RV.

7620A71A-183F-4FEE-A3D8-D32056FED8FD.jpeg

The Advrider shirt was a total coincidence, didn’t even think about it until after I’d taken the photo.
    kpinvt, The Virginian, Wdoney and 5 others like this.
  3. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dogs are EVERYTHING. i SO needed to see this picture now
    Thank you for posting this
    Bueller likes this.
  4. S/W

S/W Long timer

Oddometer:
    When I was in Vocational school in the 60's we were taught to vary the speed when breaking in a new engine, but, the best advice IS to do what the manufacturer recommends . Read your owners manual !
  5. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    How about we get away from all of this engine break-in conversation and add a bit of an artistic image of your XMAX 300? Let's get back to enjoying this forum. As always, thanking you in advance.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

The Virginian, Ivabign and DandyDoug like this.
  6. Didediedide

Didediedide Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. Didediedide

Didediedide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    G’Day S/W, any one who decided their wind screens were held on with steel screws and not PLASTIC SCREWS please send S/W your apologies as he was right and the rest of us were wrong , I didn’t realise these screws existed either but they do .See above photos top right and bottom left and then check your bike.
    Even though I didn’t comment sorry S/W
  8. dbeth

dbeth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unsure what you're talking about. The plastic just connect the screen to the black plastic 'strips'. The two silver metal screws attach it to the bike. I adjusted my screen about 5 or 6 times last summer and was using the metal screws all the time.
  9. 2wheelfish

2wheelfish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey thanks. I don’t take things too personally, but I appreciate that. After some research yes they are plastic and meant to break away. And to the post right above this, no I’m not talking about the plastic strips. The 4 philips head screws that attach the windscreen to the metal brackets are plastic, they don’t look like it but they are. The metal Allen head screws attach the brackets to the scooter.
  10. 2wheelfish

2wheelfish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome and congrats on your new scoot. I’m not sure if anyone responded to your top case question. I don’t know about the 39l case, but have the 52l version and the pad is held on by screws that are screwed into the pad from the inside of the case. I’m pretty sure it would be the same with that pad as well.

I can’t answer the mirror question, but I dislike the mirrors as well and if anyone knows of some good handlebar mirrors to replace the existing ones that don’t cost an arm and a leg I’d be interested too.
  11. crazygordon297

crazygordon297 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Installed an Atlas Throttle lock and took it for a drive yesterday. While it is not perfect, and won't be because it's not an electrical cruise control but it works. It lessens the stress on your right arm for those long runs.
  12. Wdoney

Wdoney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am not familiar with the Atlas. I just looked it up on Amazon. Did you get the top or bottom kit. Any issues installing it on the XMAX ?
  13. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    Looks like an interesting product... Cruise control in my BMW motorcycles is something that has saved me thousands of hours of aggravation
    I am surprised, however, as to the $145.00 price tag on that Atlas
    Maybe if they could recoup their research and development dollars. It would be less money
    seems a bit high for what it is
    probably seems like a very small amount of money if i were in the middle of a long day in the saddle
  14. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  15. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
  16. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  17. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Guys- PLEASE attach a link if you are gonna tell us what you bought. It really helps focus the discussion and help people.....

Thank you.
  18. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    Bottom kit. Very easy to install. I used the thinner pad and it slowly loses the grip but I don’t mind as it keeps me aware of the surroundings. I am a right handed person so my thumb has full control.
    I picked atlas as it looks slim and less noticeable. I know the price is high.

https://www.amazon.com/ATLAS-Thrott...9549142&sprefix=Atlas+thr,aps,156&sr=8-2&th=1
  19. crazygordon297

Oddometer:
    Can please tell me what brands are both phone mounts? The one on the side mirror looks like a Ram. What size? And possibly where you bought them? Thank you
  20. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the clarification
    the price is well justified if it changes your ability to be able to ride a longer distance without fatigue..... The frustration of which ruins many an adventure