1. eNewsletter Sign Up

New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    I appreciate the clarification
    the price is well justified if it changes your ability to be able to ride a longer distance without fatigue..... The frustration of which ruins many an adventure
  2. Introspective

Introspective n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your response regarding the top box. Ahh, so it screws on. That makes sense. I was thinking it would get stuck on with some really strong double sided tape.

I've decided not to go with the mirrors that I posted earlier. I don't think round mirrors will suit the X-max.

In my searching I have found these

https://www.revzilla.com/parts/2017-yamaha-tmax-530-xp530?view_all=&page=1&limit=96&facets[]=6387&price=&price_min=1&price_max=875&is_new=false&is_sale=false&is_made_in_usa=false&has_video=false&is_holiday=false&is_blemished=false&sort=featured

I know that I've used the search filter for the T-max (x-max did not show in their filter) but I imagine that mirrors that will fit the T-max will also fit the X-max. I will message them beforehand to be 100% sure.
  3. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will be interested to see how you like mirrors that are closer into the center of the bike. In my case at 6’1 that puts the view of each squarely on my shoulder/chest. I like mirrors way outside, so that I get a clear view of the rear, but I don’t do any filtering. The bracket that allows you to mount up front works well. The bracket comes with new mirrors with have a very nice carbon fiber finish. They also fold in for parking.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-YAMAHA...hash=item340e94d021:m:mNEAqulaBA7qp2gHR9nLHiw

Attached Files:

Wdoney likes this.
  4. Didediedide

Didediedide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    AB5E997C-36B3-49B0-B86E-B22880DC0825.jpeg Just to make it clearer what S/W said about plastic Screws holding screen on. See attached photo and check your bike
  5. 2wheelfish

2wheelfish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice pic, thanks for helping to clarify. Yeah so one of those plastic screw heads broke off, probably leaned up against the windscreen or maybe while cleaning it I tweeked something. It turns out no biggie, just didn’t know they were so fragile. Temporarily replaced it with a metal one till I can replace it properly.
  6. FreewheelBurning

FreewheelBurning Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Having upgraded the windshield from stock to a taller touring one, it was no confusion that the screws holding the windshield was plastic. I don't understand the commotion.
  7. crazygordon297

crazygordon297 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok I am wrong. Thanks for the detailed explanation.
  8. S/W

S/W Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually, the plastic screws break to save the windshield from breaking , but, also from breaking and becoming sharp pieces.
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  10. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Another concept.
    $10. On and off in seconds.
    Relieves all wrist pain, palm holds speed.
    I use on everything.
    https://throttlerocker.3dcartstores.com/TR-I-All-Plastic-Original-Right-Side-_p_8.html
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    My Piaggio's and all other bikes use metal screws. First I've ever heard that concept.
  12. minimac

minimac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Yamahas (Majesty & Morphous) came with the plastic screws, which have since been changed to metal. That being said, if I hit, or get hit which causes me to fly forward into the windshield, it doesn't matter if the screws are plastic or metal-they are breaking(or the plastic around them) when my 230+ lbs hit the windshield, and the windshield is going to go flying. At that point, if the polycarbonate breaks, is the least of my worries.
    eakins likes this.
  13. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have had my throttle rocker for so long it's beginning to get too loose , will order a new one.
    I used to have one made for the left grip , don't know where it went .Would like to find another for the left side.
    The Virginian and eakins like this.
  14. Glen e

Oddometer:
    I almost killed myself with a throttle wrist clamp… Never again for me. Yes, it was mounted correctly. But it was a big1200 with a sensitive throttle.
  15. Wdoney

Wdoney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You definitely have to be careful with them. I remove mine when riding in town as it did tend to get in my way. They do work great when you are out on the road and have to hold open the throttle for extended periods. Most of the roads I ride on are hilly and or twisty which make using a throttle lock out of the question so a Cramp Buster is the next best thing. I also use a grip exerciser at home, at work and in the car that helps with my grip and forearm strength so that they do not get as tired.
  16. Glen e

Oddometer:
    Exactly!......My near accident was in town turning off the main highway into a gas station that had a roundabout, my glove got caught, I thought I had pushed it toward the exterior so that I wouldn’t use it, but my glove hit part of it reaching for front brake, and when making a turn, it gave me more gas instantly than I thought, and I almost ran off the road and directly into a wall. I like the inexpensive thin lock, I mentioned above.
    FreewheelBurning likes this.
  17. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    Buy it where Throttle Rockers are sold...

https://www.throttlerocker.com/

Right, left, pink, friction fit, hook & loop. :-)
    DandyDoug likes this.
  18. FreewheelBurning

FreewheelBurning Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The TMAX got cruise control. XMAX should have it too. XMAX is mostly cheerished as this thread shows, but isn't the TMAX better in all aspects? It is the most expensive though, almost twice the cost of an XMAX, and more expensive than the largest scooters (BMW C650 & Burgman 650).
    ClearwaterBMW likes this.
  19. Wdoney

Wdoney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    TMAX is no longer offered in the US. One would have to purchase an older used model and as you point out it’s in a different class. Bigger is not always better. I prefer the 300 cc size and find it better for me in most ways.
    FreewheelBurning likes this.
  20. Glen e

Oddometer:
    Entirely too heavy for a scooter.