New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    they work because some tunnels have cell phone repeater system but the truth is even cell phones have dead reckoning that is helpful in that situation
  2. avoleoo

avoleoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone saying that long break in period is a bs, please keep in mind that xmax does not have a regular steel cylinder, please search for DiASil on google. Anyone new, do not listen to guys that tell you its not important, just follow the users manual.
    MisterMichael and Alexander B like this.
  3. Wdoney

Wdoney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I already posted something similar. A few seem to think the XMAX cylinder is plated which it’s not. I gave up trying to explain it. People are going to break it in however they see fit which in the end will probably work out just fine.
    Alexander B likes this.
  4. ismatts

ismatts Adventurer

Oddometer:

I did this mod and used LED marker lights that were listed as superbright. They are not superbright at all so I left the stock bulbs in place for safety and now have both working. I guess just an added set until I can find better bulbs.

It is really easy and you do not need to dismantle the bike this far at all.
  5. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    DiASil is nothing new. Yamaha has been using it in production engines since 2004. Most of those engines have much higher piston speeds and compression ratios than the Xmax. I am certain there are literally 10’s of thousands of DiASil engines out there that saw little to no adherence to break in schedules, yet Yamaha engines are known for incredible durability. They are also not known to use any appreciable oil, even with high mileage. This is likely much ado about nothing. As with any engine, don’t subject it to prolonged heavy throttle/high rpm for a few hundred miles during break in and it will almost certainly be fine. Other than that, stop worrying about whether or not the tach needle passed 4500 rpm and keep your eyes on the road!
    Speedtrap, kpinvt, workerB and 2 others like this.
  6. versysrider

versysrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @ ismatts: Cool, I was looking at the “superbrights” too and wondered if they really were. I pulled the under seat tray and it looked like there was enough access to drill them out just as they are, on the bike. I would really like to see the light be able to flash orange instead of red, and was wondering if installing some yellow bulbs such as these would allow that to happen. Link below.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1537298026?i...MI-6D5jLHN6AIV9CCtBh0gbABDEAQYAiABEgLuKvD_BwE

Or an amber bulb such as these. Really any difference in color with the turn signals on would be good.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...cent-mini-bulb-pack-of-2/9927440allbp/4743246

I’d like to see pics of how bright your turn signals are outside in the daylight just with the taillights on, and also with the brake lights on please.
  7. modmaster

modmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where online can I read the owners manual. I just bought a new 2020 XMAX but I can't pick it up for another week.
    modmaster
  8. RalphM

RalphM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    modmaster and Wambo like this.
  9. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well hell, where is everybody? I was just reading the TAT link here and reminiscing about my TAT trip from NC to CO in my truck a few years ago. Really enjoyed it. Was going take a WR250 I had at the time but didn't feel like I had the experience for that solo. I know much of the TAT except for the more extreme off road sections could be done on the XMAX and then travel the blue highways for the remainder. A lot of the roads were smooth gravel, tarmac in places and quite enjoyable. Just wondering if anyone has considered such a trip? I didn't do the western TAT as I spent most my adult life in central CO and traveled a lot of the West in a truck or ATV. Still would do any of Sam's routes out that way though as can't get enough of the West. Could be a real adventure on the MAX.
  10. RalphM

RalphM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are under lock down here so have been spending the time getting a 1945 Ariel
    running it as been standing for 30 odd years.

kpinvt likes this.
  11. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    What a great project. I think we're all under some sort of lock down. Where I live I get out several times a week for 20 mile round trip to post office or some other "essential". In the country so I'm just careful and don't go too far or too frequent. Weather lousy anyway.
  12. RalphM

RalphM Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The weather as been the best we have had for riding for about 12 months here
    but cant get out, then again it's better than pushing up daisy's.
    It would be very unfair to risk spreading anything about when others are
    risking their lives to help.
  13. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    Indeed true, a great time for adventure planning. We haven't been anywhere for 3 weeks except grocery and P.O. Full precautions are key. Finally saw a few people wearing masks at my local P.O. the other day. Too many casual people.
  14. dirtmarine

Oddometer:
    That is great sound on that video, don't hear that much anymore.
  15. Blue&Yellow

Blue&Yellow but orange inside...

Oddometer:
    Wdoney and modmaster like this.
  16. modmaster

modmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. modmaster

modmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Blue&Yellow likes this.
  18. modmaster

modmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glen e. Do you still have those shocks
    Forsa Performance Racing Shocks - 335mm
    that you had fitted to your scooter? If so would you sell them to me?

modmaster
  19. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry...threw them out....They work fine, but the rebounding on the new YSS is much better.
  20. modmaster

modmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How much are YSS shocks you now have and where is best place to get them? Can one get YSS shocks in shorter than stock lengths? Say 330 or 340 length. Do you remember what thread # you wrote about them in? You seem to have done most of the same mods that I am interested in. Ha Ha