New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. modmaster

modmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glen e. It looks like the item you sent me to that first opened up on that link
    XMAX ('17) YSS Rear Shock G-Series (Gold Edition)
    is adjustable for length (335 to 345) and is the Ecoline series model TC302-350T-08. It's available in black or red and is only $178.69. Is this the exact item you bought? Thanks so much for your help and patience. I wish we could talk about this on the phone.

modmaster
  2. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I sent you my phone number…

The above shock looks like it indeed does have length adjustment (only .4 inch) and preload adjustment. I bought the ones that were the next level up for like 198 bucks, and they only have the preload adjustment. These look Life a new product, and I would have bought them instead of the ones I got.
  3. dirtmarine

dirtmarine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Modmaster, please share your experience on these shocks. In the past I've gotten info from Glen on here as well concerning the YSS but have not made any changes at this time as I only have 1000 miles but it would probably be the first mod I'd consider along with windscreen, etc. I did do rear fender also.
  4. modmaster

modmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will definitely give my feedback on the shocks when I get them. You never know when you'll get anything being shipped from overseas at this time.

modmaster
  5. modmaster

modmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    CashCow. How do you like your Puig windshield. Is there much hand protection from the wind? Did you notice a difference in wind resistance or top speed on the highway. Can you still hold 70 to 75 on the freeways?
    I'm considering buying one or the Givi but the Givi doesn't look as aerodynamic.

modmaster
  6. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    all my orders from Aliexpress placed in March arrived within 2-3 weeks, same as usual.
  7. modmaster

modmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Blue&Yellow. With regard to the Yuminashi 12-Port Fuel Injector you installed. On the installation did you just have to remove fuel line, hold down bolt, and swap the o-rings, for the change? Looks pretty simple. Any tips you have to offer? Would really appreciate your insight.

modmaster
  8. Blue&Yellow

Blue&Yellow but orange inside...

Oddometer:
    Pretty much that, I'd say it's a simple swap and that no special tools or extra force is needed. There's also a small metal clip which I used a small flat screwdriver to take out and push back into place.

If I'm doing something I haven't done before I like to take a picture or two along the way to make sure everything goes back together in the same order again, peace of mind if nothing else.

To get to the engine you'll need to take out the storage tray under the saddle, the bolts are easy to remove and then there's also the electrical wiring to the light. The wiring connectors to the light you can just pull apart, the connectors require a bit of force but they come apart fine.

Obviously I wouldn't do it on a hot engine since there can be a small bit of gasoline leakage. And I wouldn't want to drop anything down the injector mounting port once the fuel injector has been removed, that would be a major pain and you'd likely have to take a lot of things apart or use special tools to get it back up again. A common practice is to put a small rag in the mounting port once the injector has been removed.

If you want to go about it in a professional manner I'd probably also recommend starting the engine after the swap and letting it warm up while checking for leaks. The risk of a gasoline leak is probably small if you've done the swap correctly, but if there's a leak there's obviously risk of fire.

But I'd say it's an easy swap overall, anyone who can swap a spark plug or an oil filter should be able to do this.
  9. S/W

S/W Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a GIVI windshield, and don't notice a significant change in performance on the highway. With that said, I cut the GIVI down for around town use in hot weather, as it is very tall. I may buy an other one and leave it full height for long multi day trips with highway milage.
    I don't mind looking through a windshield on long trips for the added comfort. The whole " you have to look over a windshield" thing is a matter of personal taste.
  10. versysrider

versysrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE="RalphM, post: 39817188
    It would be very unfair to risk spreading anything about when others are
    risking their lives to help.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

That’s not what the dipsh*t in the “white house” is encouraging!
  11. versysrider

Oddometer:
    I don’t understand why the Xmax didn’t come with a parking brake, and I know some of you have bought items to use, but no one here has posted these levers that include a parking brake for only $32. Just got mine, they work and look fantastic. Many colors, quick shipping, I would have bought them just for the color they add to my matte black Xmax. Here’s a link to the seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223909614675

6CD98D0A-D941-4C97-9C56-504CEE49D852.jpeg
  12. versysrider

Oddometer:
    4A930FC9-907F-4E8C-9BEE-F04CA059F25B.jpeg 82B9A1F4-91BB-45F1-A814-EA0876DCE34B.jpeg 4A930FC9-907F-4E8C-9BEE-F04CA059F25B.jpeg

Unlocked with pin up, locked with pin down. Slick. 82B9A1F4-91BB-45F1-A814-EA0876DCE34B.jpeg
  13. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have really enjoyed this thread and consider it a great resource for the Xmax. I’d hate to see politics screw it up. Can we please avoid comments of political nature? Thanks!
  14. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    A Velcro® strap works fine as a parking brake, too.
    kpinvt and DandyDoug like this.
  15. modmaster

modmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your helpful post on the injector Blue&Yellow. Did you really notice that much of a difference after installing this?
    modmaster
  16. CashCow

CashCow Rocketeer

Oddometer:
    I still have the Puig and still like it.

It is big, but I can see over the top.

it is not very wide but wider than stock. As for hand protection, I don’t have any issues with that behind the Puig or when I used the original screen. I don’t on my Vespas either, but I live in Florida with mild winters.

The scooter easily maintains 75 to 80 GPS on the highway, usually topping out at around 82. I hit 93 on a downhill drafting a truck a while back, but that is by far the fastest I have seen.

Bill
  17. versysrider

Oddometer:
    Yes, I’ve seen the posts about straps and such, but for any color cnc machined aluminum levers with a built in parking brake that is far more secure than a strap.... it’s the best mod for the money I think. And this is coming from someone that almost always only uses the center stand.

ps: sorry for the double post of pics, not sure how that happened.
    FreewheelBurning likes this.
  18. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    While the new levers are a really good idea, and are A very elegant solution, a Velcro strap will work just as well and create just as much pressure to hold the brake closed, easily .......Velcro , when used in a lateral sheer situation is extremely strong. I have a small d-ring strap that I keep wrapped around the brake reservoir.

But the levers are a good find, I will order them.

straps:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MWH4T3...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Attached Files:

19. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buspassdodger likes this.
  20. FreewheelBurning

FreewheelBurning Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those levers are brilliant! The velcro is a home made patch solution. The leverlock is anti-theft. They may work fine for you, but they are not integrated, elegant and easy to use as versys' solution. Can it be operated with gloves? I'm not interested in fiddling with locks or velcro whenever I want hands free while standing still on a slope