New Xmax 300 !

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by wibble, Sep 16, 2017.

1. 2wheelfish

2wheelfish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I ordered a Dowco Guardian cover from Amazon (link below) for around $75. I guessed and ordered a size large. I have the big top case so its a little snug and doesn't go all the way down, but it does sort of clip around the fenders snug so it doesn't come off. I thought about returning it to check out another size, but decided to keep it and see how it goes. I like that its grey since my main goal was to keep sun off and not rain, and the size is ok for my purpose. If rain protection is your goal, I'd probably look elsewhere. Below are a couple of pics to get a sense of it. You can see my bike uncovered pictured above in this thread. Hope this helps.

Guardian by Dowco 50003-03 WeatherAll Waterproof Indoor/Outdoor Motorcycle Cover: Grey, Large

IMG_3422.JPG IMG_3423.JPG
    kpinvt and Jcl like this.
  2. Lethe.au

Lethe.au Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Re: lack of parking brake. I use a handlebar lock on my scoot that clamps the front brake and throttle and, as a side effect, works as a parking brake.

My concern was that the comfort seat might be higher than the standard seat, seeing as the standard seat is borderline too high for me to start with. So hearing that the comfort seat is actually a touch lower makes the world of difference and pretty much guarantees that I'll get it (if I get the Xmax in the first place). Thanks again for the info.
  3. Chapel

Chapel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Most of it is just screws and nuts to open to access the internals. The main metal bracket is screwed onto the rear side of the seat release latch. And yes the top plastic part has to be drilled to accommodate the 2 metal shafts that hold the front portion of the bracket. Not to hard to drill and you can't go wrong (break the plastic piece) as it is quite thick. Even if you did go wrong, its easily replaced RM30.00 (USD7.40).

Btw, its a 20mm bit.

Total time spent = 2 hours :becca
    james allen likes this.
  4. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    In Japan they get yellow. Only thing is, 250cc version only.

Would look good next to my Tenere 60th anniversary.

Starting to seriously consider this bike. Sat on this yellow one today and could not believe how light it felt. Riding an almost 600 lbs ADV bike around sure changes your perspective on things.

IMG_20180725_103553.jpg
  5. james allen

james allen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yelp I’m into HI-Viz colors,
  6. IdleUp

IdleUp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would be the least surprised if it ran close to 100 mph. Just look at their SMax 155cc this thing outperforms some 250's.

The 155cc will push the Smax 80-85. this little engine is amazing - Yamaha is doing something special to these engines.

Mike
    The Virginian likes this.
  7. CBRider

CBRider Between a rock and a weird place.

Oddometer:
    Video a GPS run (not indicated speedometer) on level ground holding a steady 85 and I'll believe you.
    Yellow Jacket likes this.
  8. james allen

james allen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The SMax I had 2015 with me weighing 200lbs only went 72mph. I loved that scooter but thought Ineeded more power & got a Cb500f then a Z900. Now will be returning to a Xmax300
  9. IdleUp

IdleUp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm still breaking in my little Smax but I can tell you this; riding two-up I weight 225 wife is 125 using gps I run 65 mph from Blarisviille ga to Blueridge 2-3 days a week, its about a 35 mile run and most of the time I'm not wide open. I guarantee if my wife gets on by herself, sticks her head down behind the shield, this thing will do 80-85.

Mike
  10. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Best I've seen on mine is 78 but it's a known fact that the speedo on this scooter reads high. People with GPS have generally reported a top speed of around 73MPH. At that speed the motor is spinning at or above redline and past it's horsepower peak.
  11. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    The riders weight has more impact on acceleration than top speed. I have plenty so I can see it for myself every day.
    kpinvt and klaviator like this.
  12. IdleUp

IdleUp Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Man that's damn fast for a 155cc . . . .
  13. Martymoe

Martymoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    3 posts in one!

1. The Xmax 300 will go well over 100 and not break a sweat, it will also walk away from a HD ultra classic (they hate that). Its much faster (and quicker) than my Jeep, and it will beat the snot out of a Prius.

2. To the guy looking at the yellow one and the folks that like HI Vis colors, these things are easy to paint, and the plastics are cheap if you mess them up.
    (my xmax and zuma were both white when i got them)

3. A while back I ordered the rear hugger fender for the xmax 300 from TawainBigScooterShop, got it yesterday, i also got the front mounted mirrors.. the mirrors are a little goofy looking and the fit funny, I'll get used to them or they will go away.
    The hugger is great! i expected plastic, but its fiberglass, it fits perfectly and looks great. i intend to re-hang my plate with a new plate light and get rid of the whale tale, the hugger will make that happen.
    I dont have pictures of it, but will post when i do.
  14. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Weight has very little impact on speed on level ground but does affect speed on hills. However, a heavier rider tends to be bigger so that creates more wind drag which does affect top speed. Putting a passenger behind the rider should have little impact on top speed unless the passenger is bigger than the rider.
    conchscooter likes this.
  15. Yellow Jacket

Yellow Jacket Long timer

Oddometer:
    85 mph on a SMax would be so far past the power peak that it's probably only putting about 5 HP, if the engine is still in one piece. My Kymco GTi300 with 29 HP tops out on level ground at 84 via GPS. I would love to race an SMax for pinks.
  16. Martymoe

Oddometer:
    my Zuma used to go 85, but then it siezed.. oops!
  17. Yellow Jacket

Yellow Jacket Long timer

Oddometer:
    Their are no single cylinder 100 mph scooters.
  18. Martymoe

Oddometer:
    xmax will go 100 i have almost 4k on mine and we've hit triple digits several times
  19. klaviator

Oddometer:
    There are if you have a steep enough hill or strong enough tailwind.
  20. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Did you verify this with GPS or radar?