New Zealand Flea-market --Please read first post.

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Russ, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Russ

Russ Long timer

Oddometer:
    So we don't end up with a pile of minor questions cluttering the thread up, If you have questions to ask the seller please PM the person who listed it and continue your negotions vis PM or email.
    Here is the thread for Kiwi's to sell or trade stuff, the sort of stuff that would be in the main flea market section, but specific to NZ

The reasons for having it NZ specific are...
    1 - Would suit lower value stuff that is not worth getting in from overseas or posting to someone in a far away place.
    2 - We are more likely to know of the local brands, sizing etc.
    3 - No confusion over currencies
    4 - Most of us have internet banking so transferring money is easier than internationally and we can keep our credit cards safe.

The rules are simply...

If you have something to sell or trade that you no longer need you post a description, where it is, what you want for it and if possible a picture. Items are to be bike, camping, gps, camera related. No cars or other household items etc please.

If someone is interested they PM you via the post you made and you make your own deal to meet behind the bike shed, post it, whatever.

When you sell it, or simply bump it, go to "EDIT POST" at the bottom of your original post and then tick the "NUKE" box to delete the post, this way you don't clutter up the thread with things that are sold. Every 3 months or so the Mod may opt to delete all threads that are older than 3 months, usually with a weeks notice, as is customary in the main Flea Market.

This should end up like an online trader section for those bits and pieces we collect, upgrade from, have left over when we on sell bikes... etc

DO NOT post for unknown eBay sellers or advertisers in other places. If it is not you or your mates it does not belong here.
    If you sneak one in, delete it when it is sold.

Not for Commercial Sellers, small time businesses run by, active inmates are excepted. Mods descision will be final.

So we don't end up with a pile of minor questions cluttering the thread up, If you have a question on something, PM the person who listed it and ask them to elaborate their description.

If you have some sort of "comment", find somewhere else to post it.
    Ads will be tidied up every 2 months.
  2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
  3. K12Pilot

K12Pilot Without a Care

Oddometer:
    Hello Gents,

I am in the middle planning stages of a 2+ month tour of your beautiful country, both North & south islands. I am planning Dec, Jan & possibly into Feb.

I have a 02 1150GS that I will need to sell upon completion of the trip, since as of this writing it is super expensive to ship it back (.
    I may have a back up plan to get it out with one of the wineries my friend does business with, but I can't be certain of that as of now.

So that catch is that I need a solid deal before I can ship the bike out, otherwise I will have issues with customs ((

Here are some details of the machine.. adorned in the fastest colors, of course ;)

2002 BMW 1150 GS
    30,XXX miles
    ABS NON servo

$4000 USD
    Please contact me directly at k12pilot @ me . com

I gave this bike a METICULOUS & THOROUGH go through this winter for the trip & NEW OWNER

Everything I mean EVERYTHING HAS BEEN GONE THROUGH

If you can name it it has been done, I have pix of everything!!

I am SUPER NEUROTIC & OCD with all of my bikes (20) & especially so since I will be FAR away from HOME )

You will have to do NOTHING but change the oils for MANY miles to come ))

The bike has also been fully detailed for bio security entry )) OCD!!!

F&R Ohlins Shocks NEW last fall

Jessie side & top cases

Hidden Jessie tool box

Roto Fuel packs

PIAA lights

Nuvi 660 Nav unit with locking mount

UK headlight swap for driving on the wrong side of the road ))

Throttle lock cruise control

Touratech rock guard

Touratech rear fender extender

Touratech steering stop

Touratech hand deflectors

ROX Bar Risers

Zetechnic windshield with winglets

Aluminum tool tray cover

Adventure series front fender beak

PIAA AUX driving lights

All stainless steel brake & clutch lines

CSS tank protector set

Sargent rider seat

NEW

F&R Tires & valves Avon Trail riders at the moment I may put K60’s on it for the trip

Front wheel bearings & seal

Clutch disc with extended hub

Starter

HALL sensor

Final drive FULLY rebuilt All bearings & seals $1000 bill right here

Swing arm & FD pivot bearings

New brake pads F&R

AF-XIED Module

Abs module rebuilt works perfect

Alternator belt

Air filter

Plugs

Valve cover gaskets inner & outer

Fork oil & dust seals & fluid

QD fuel connectors

Fuel pump, pressure regulator, filter & hoses tank lining is perfect

Injectors serviced

Fork bridge & ball joint

Odyssey battery

Battery/starter jump lug

As of now... the only things pictured that will not be going with the bike are the shifter & the pegs as I am already looking for a bike to replace it with. Stock shifter & fastaway pegs w lowering brackets will be included.

Seat bag not included, I need to get my gear home. Unless you have a suitcase for me ))

Service

All Splines checked & lubed. Perfect condition

Rebuilt clutch slave cylinder

Brake & clutch fluid flush

All electrical connections & contacts deoxed cleaned & greased

All grounds cleaned & greased

All wiring sorted from previous owner

Valve adjustments

Throttle bodies synced

Brake & clutch fluid flush

I am sure I am missing some things…

Spare parts for the trip, just in case ((

Spare Injectors Fully serviced & tested

ECU module Tested on bike

Ignition switch & key Tested on bike

Hall effect sensor Tested

Emergency Injector hose repair kit

Gifts to the new owner

BMW Rally Pro 2 jacket Large

This jacket is a bit faded but still awesome & MANY miles left in it ))

There will also be a tank bag on the bike but I have not decided which one I wan’t to use for the trip. fullsizeoutput_af8.jpeg fullsizeoutput_af9.jpeg
  4. K12Pilot

K12Pilot Without a Care

Oddometer:
    more pix... fullsizeoutput_afa.jpeg fullsizeoutput_af7.jpeg fullsizeoutput_af6.jpeg IMG_1219.JPG
  5. K12Pilot

K12Pilot Without a Care

Oddometer:
    A few more.. IMG_1223.JPG IMG_1224.JPG fullsizeoutput_afb.jpeg fullsizeoutput_afc.jpeg
  6. K12Pilot

K12Pilot Without a Care

Oddometer:
    still some more.. IMG_1227.JPG IMG_1228.JPG fullsizeoutput_afd.jpeg IMG_1238.JPG
  7. K12Pilot

K12Pilot Without a Care

Oddometer:
    And finally some more... fullsizeoutput_c91.jpeg IMG_1240.JPG fullsizeoutput_c92.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c93.jpeg
  8. K12Pilot

K12Pilot Without a Care

Oddometer:
    And the last one for now...

My trip to Nova Scotia this July for a nice shake down ride ;)
    IMG_1685.JPG
    Kiweez likes this.
  9. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice bike!
  10. K12Pilot

K12Pilot Without a Care

Oddometer:
    Thank you.
  11. K12Pilot

K12Pilot Without a Care

Oddometer:
    Come on guys, your wife said it was OK to buy another bike ;)
  12. Hilly87

Hilly87 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi folks,

Looking for a well looked after dual sport bike to tour New Zealand on. I will be landing in Auckland on the 5th of December and would like to start riding asap from landing.

Open to any bikes around 400-650cc. Dr/drz/xt/klx... Etc. But would really love a DR650 with the larger tank!

Let me know if you can help or offer any advice.

(Hope it is okay to post this in this forum.. Apologies in advanced if not!)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  13. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Broke Engine Supporter

Oddometer:
    we all go HERE for bikes....
    KiwiPewe likes this.
  14. Hilly87

Hilly87 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have had a look on there. Unfortunately you need to be a NZ\AU resident to respond to ads. They disabled my account :(

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  15. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Hilly
    Here are my thoughts fwiw. You have some options

1. If you have a mate over here you could get them to buy one for you before you get here. When you get here, they sell it to you (you bring cash). Transaction takes about 5 mins, all on line. You just need an address in NZ for all the speeding tickets, parking infringements and notices of general mayhem to sent to, by the boys in blue. You would be the registered owner of the bike. I have done this for a mate of mine, it worked very well. Check out the amount of currency you can bring into NZ, you can buy a gold plated DR for that.

2. Wait until you get here and go buy it yourself. There are always lots of bikes on Trademe and you can have one purchased and in your hands in a couple of days. Its surely worth spending a day looking for one isn't it? You'll be jet-lagged anyway so better not riding. All you need is to be able to get to the bikes to look at them. Either rent a car for a day or hit up one of the ever helpful NZ forum-ites. Intercity you have planes, busses, car shares and even a train!!

3. If time is really short, then you can consider a buy back scheme from a dealer. You bring cash, they sell you the bike but agree to buy it back at the end of your trip for an agreed amount. Kinda suits high mileage road tourers more than DRs. I know of one couple that did this with a big beemer, they were happy enough, they saved a bit of money but not as much as option 1. An advantage is that you can maybe get the dealer to check over the bike and get it sorted for you when you arrive. You can set it up before you come and probs pay for it with you card when you get here.

4. If time is really really short, then just rent a bike. Yes its expensive but its hassle free.

HTH...good problem to have!
    Cheers
    KiwiPewe likes this.
  16. Jeff Sichoe

Jeff Sichoe ruddy bastard

Oddometer:
    I've just checked on trademe for dr650's and if you select the 'dealer' seller type you can find a bunch of options. Dealers will be more likely to take you seriously if a deposit is on the table...
  17. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    I have a TM account. If you want me to ask questions etc/inspect a bike local to me on your behalf sing out.

If you find something I’m happy to store it for you till you get here. I dont think the missus will notice another bike in the shed for a month or 2.

p.s. I’m in Tauranga.
  18. Hilly87

Hilly87 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thats amazing! I was going to say option 1 from oldbeer's reply was ideal but I have no friend their yet :imaposer

I think one of the KLX's I was actually looking at is in Tauranga, although, dont know much about them so will need to have a read up on them first.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mo...62.htm?rsqid=505a03d515754692b5c0efc9754d0990

Will try and reply to Oldbeer later!

Cheers for all the responses! :photog
  19. KiwiPewe

KiwiPewe Coddiwomple Supporter

Oddometer:
    If there's one you like somewhere else in the country you like, just post in the relevant local forum, one of us can go and check it out for you.
    Myself, I'm in Marlborough, if that helps.

In other news, anyone has a KTM 990 or 950 Adv they want to sell?
  20. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    As long as you are happy with my complete lack of mechanical skills looking at your preferred purchase then im ok with buying it for you.

BUT I would still strongly advise option 2. You will lose a chunk of cash transferring money before you arrive then not have the comfort of actually seeing and more importantly test riding the thing before you commit.

As long as as I'm around and fit I'm happy to donate a day of running you around to look at bikes in Auckland.

Lastly most bikes spend a fair amount of time on trademe before they sell. My experience is its better not to rush. If i were you I'd start looking seriously in november. If you see something you really want put an offer in (via one of us if need be) subject to you seeing it in the flesh when you get here. Its a no loss situation either way. If the seller gets a better offer before you arrive, you move on and do the same thing with your next choice bike. If not you have your bike sorted on day one.