1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

New Zealand Flea-market --Please read first post.

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Russ, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Russ

Russ Let's ride.

Oddometer:
    So we don't end up with a pile of minor questions cluttering the thread up, If you have questions to ask the seller please PM the person who listed it and continue your negotions vis PM or email.
    Here is the thread for Kiwi's to sell or trade stuff, the sort of stuff that would be in the main flea market section, but specific to NZ

The reasons for having it NZ specific are...
    1 - Would suit lower value stuff that is not worth getting in from overseas or posting to someone in a far away place.
    2 - We are more likely to know of the local brands, sizing etc.
    3 - No confusion over currencies
    4 - Most of us have internet banking so transferring money is easier than internationally and we can keep our credit cards safe.

The rules are simply...

If you have something to sell or trade that you no longer need you post a description, where it is, what you want for it and if possible a picture. Items are to be bike, camping, gps, camera related. No cars or other household items etc please.

If someone is interested they PM you via the post you made and you make your own deal to meet behind the bike shed, post it, whatever.

When you sell it, or simply bump it, go to "EDIT POST" at the bottom of your original post and then tick the "NUKE" box to delete the post, this way you don't clutter up the thread with things that are sold. Every 3 months or so the Mod may opt to delete all threads that are older than 3 months, usually with a weeks notice, as is customary in the main Flea Market.

This should end up like an online trader section for those bits and pieces we collect, upgrade from, have left over when we on sell bikes... etc

DO NOT post for unknown eBay sellers or advertisers in other places. If it is not you or your mates it does not belong here.
    If you sneak one in, delete it when it is sold.

Not for Commercial Sellers, small time businesses run by, active inmates are excepted. Mods descision will be final.

So we don't end up with a pile of minor questions cluttering the thread up, If you have a question on something, PM the person who listed it and ask them to elaborate their description.

If you have some sort of "comment", find somewhere else to post it.
    Ads will be tidied up every 2 months.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mod Edit:

Helpful Flea Market Ad Checklist

Before submitting a post for your item for sale or trade, please take a moment to read through this checklist which summarizes some important Flea Market rules. The checklist is intended to assist you with preparing a complete ad that will best serve you as a seller and the inmates that might be interested in your items. It will also help prevent your post from being removed because it doesn't comply with the Flea Market rules.
    1. Is this item yours? It not, you may not sell it here.
    2. Are there links to outside sales sites? If so, please remove them before posting.
    3. Where is the item located? Please enter the city/state (and perhaps country as appropriate) where the item is located.
    4. Each item must have a value. If it's for sale, this is what the seller wants for the item. If you'd like to trade, then use the item's trade value. All items MUST have a value.
    5. Pictures and accurate descriptions help sell items. Add sufficient detail and images that a potential buyer will probably want when considering an item.
    6. Are you selling multiple offerings of the same item? If so, your listing may likely belong in Vendors where commercial sales are allowed.
    7. Are you selling firearms, weapons, or related items? These are not permitted in our Flea Market.
    If you're not sure about something, take a closer look at the more detailed Flea Market rules or contact a moderator. Best wishes with your ad!
  2. Voltaire

Voltaire Titanium and Ceramic Hipster

Oddometer:
    Anyone got a pair of old Mini wheels 10” 4x 101.6 PCD? for a VW type 1 compressor that “mysteriously “ appeared in Wife’s garden.
  3. snodpete

snodpete Old n00b

Oddometer:
    My sorted 2013 KTM 1190 R 54,000km For Sale - $12,500 now on TradeMe - Every Adv rider need to try one of these machines at least once in life, this is YOUR chance :-)

NOW priced @ 12K ono
    Oaters likes this.
  4. neppi

neppi Long timer

Oddometer:
    WB

R1100GS crash bars, pannier racks and staintune full exhaust for the same bike (or a R1100RS or RT exhaust with the low pipe).

This is an excellenf change for you to get rid of the pipes and the bars that are always in the wrong place in your shed... ;)

Worth to try anyway...

Cheers!
  5. RP67

RP67 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a BMW 1200GS (2006) standard seat at home lying around, I have a nice Wunderlich seat for exchange (low I assume), or interested to buy it.
  6. KioKioAdv

KioKioAdv n00b

Oddometer:
    WANTED!

Got an old or damaged Shoei Hornet Adv helmet?

I need the bracket that holds the peak on, need the RHS one.

Please pm me if you do! spread the word.....
    20201027_110316.jpg
  7. Takataka

Takataka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone want to swap some pivot pegs for originals (or similar) on 500exc?
    It's a 2017 (same as 2018 and 2019). Maybe same as 2020+ as well..

Most people seem to like the pivot pegs but I don't really get along with them.
  8. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    A friend of mine passed away a couple of months ago. His missus wants to sell her bike jacket. She put it on Tardme but it didnt sell.

Neo Mugello size XL, only used a couple of times im told. Jacket is in Auckland. Anyone need a new jacket for wifey/ themselves??? Pm if interested.
    20210221_153652.jpg
  9. Muzz67

Muzz67 Unadventurous

Oddometer:
    Tis with a heavy heart I've decided to to relieve Honk of the burden of carrying my sad old arse around.....
    Honk is the Haggard Old Honda XL500r, who fell off the production line way back in 1982 (so is eligible for classic rego next year, $70 I think.)
    While he may look like he's been dragged along the road for most of his life, he runs like a champ.
    He's managed 3 circumnavigations of the South Island carrying full camping gear and been faultless, always starting etc.
    He has a comfortable seat and riding position, (which will be missed), a low enough seat height to allow feet on the ground easily,
    A quiet pipe so farmers/neighbors dont complain...
    He rumbles along at 100kph no worries, and still has a slow enough first gear to allow a walking pace when shit gets bumpy.
    He does have an electric start fitted, however a better battery is required, probably LIPO is needed.
    Tank is 20plus litres and is the best mod I have given him, there is no more worries regarding range.
    I wouldn't hesitate to ride the Island again on him anytime.
    Buggered if I know what to ask $$, would rather he went to a good home.
    Located in Nelson. C39F30EF-9C16-4E58-80F8-446D042516F9.jpeg
    D78A190A-9F5F-43AB-92F2-3E406A28EF01.jpeg 34F7A243-E52D-40BA-AFE6-A7C9DF49A70F.jpeg
    zaTTaz, dazzadm, Night Falcon and 3 others like this.
  10. Mc107

Mc107 Underwear sniffer

Oddometer:
  11. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    Wots going on? Two adv stalwarts both dumping their trumpies at the same time?
    Are you guys buying cruisers too?
    KiwiPewe, neppi and MrKiwi like this.
  12. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Increasingly Grumpy Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :photog
  13. Muzz67

Muzz67 Unadventurous

Oddometer:
    I was hoping they're desperately trying to get the deposit to buy Honk....
    dazzadm and Takataka like this.
  14. KiwiPewe

KiwiPewe Coddiwomple Supporter

Oddometer:
    They've seen @MrKiwi in his arseless chaps and re-evaluated their life-choices...
    eri, ztaj and Muzz67 like this.
  15. neppi

neppi Long timer

Oddometer:
    WB

Anyone happen to have a spare 21” rim and spokes for R100GS(PD)? No need for the hub, just the rim and spokes...

Or, a ready made 21” R1100GS wheel would do too... ;)

Cheers!
  16. Takataka

Takataka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pivot pegs from my 2017 500exc
    Very good condition (no damage or noticeable wear)

$150 + postage
  17. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    SOLD......

My 2011 DRZ 400 S is on trademe, not allowed to post a link here but easy enough to find. Discount for anyone contacting me through this site.

Cheers
    OB
  18. KiwiPewe

KiwiPewe Coddiwomple Supporter

Oddometer:
    @MrKiwi to the yellow courtesy phone, please
  19. MrKiwi

Oddometer:
    What are the service intervals on this model.
  20. MrKiwi

Oddometer: