New Zealand RTW and back on a KTM500exc.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Aaron.S, Oct 21, 2016.

1. NAVIGATOR

NAVIGATOR Wanderer

Oddometer:
    SOUTH OF THE USA BORDER(friendlier Mexico)
    Incredible that this kind of events happen after such a long and adventurous ride.

Also I remember that Walter Colebatch had one of his bikes stolen too in Europe

I hope you recover it soon:devildog
  2. rider911

rider911 Shortcut Navigator

Oddometer:
    I see that the facebook page has been taken down or made private, I wonder why this is? Hopefully it has been solved or recovered.
    I would think its important to keep this topic circulating on facebook to help other travellers learn from Aarons misfortune AND embarrass the fuck out of the Australian government, after all, ultimately they allow this to happen. Incidents like this must affect tourism.
  3. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Holy f*ck, I cannot believe I'm reading this. I'm so incredibly sorry @Aaron.S, even typing that seems trite. I hope that whomever stole your bike ends up with concrete shoes in a very big body of water. After being doused in honey and tied to an army ant hill. F*ckin' thieves.

Know I'm a world away, wish there was something I could do. Fingers cross that she turns up with all the eyes this thread/forum has.

Sincere apologies man.
    Aaron.S likes this.
  4. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    It appears the post has been set to only be viewable to Aaron's friends at the moment.

There is a local gent, whom I won't name here, who works for the Australian National Parks service/organization, and lives near the area where the bike was stolen. Based on his comments on Aaron's post, I believe he has been actively working with National Park Rangers, NT Police, and locals in the area to aid in the recovery effort.

Given that it's morning now in NT, I would expect that the efforts will continue into this evening (or at least, evening for those of us in other parts of the world :thumb )
    Aaron.S likes this.
  5. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    RED ALERT!!

Aaron has just posted a few minutes ago that the bike has been found, but it is not in good condition. Appears to be a little over 100 kilometers from where it was stolen. His words are below:

"The good news is that Tess has been found in Amata S.A.
    The bad news is that she is trashed.
    My plan is to try to freight her to the Gold coast where I have a place to stay with my close mate Sandy Preater and the use of his garage to make her pretty and have the motor checked out.
    I haven't seen her in person and I'm in the middle of all the logistics now.
    It's a hectic morning but with a lot of positives and we will get this little gem looking and running great again.
    One person isn't going to ruin my dream or stop me from completing my journey.
    Thanks to all."

74834205_10221223524241421_5078523296778027008_o.jpg
  6. Cycle_Path

Cycle_Path Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jeeezus. Cant believe of all the countries he went too this happened in Australia. I would have thought that would be last place this could have happened
    Aaron.S likes this.
  7. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    upload_2019-11-24_18-25-38.png

upload_2019-11-24_18-39-22.png
    upload_2019-11-24_18-40-6.png

apologies in advance Aaron if this should not be posted here.

Glad the moto has been recovered.

8. BLucare

BLucare Inmate At Law

Oddometer:
    Yep, all good :thumb
  9. Fast1

Fast1 Twisted Throttle

Oddometer:
    updated post above.
    Aaron.S and BLucare like this.
  10. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Oh it happens here and plenty!

There is a gofundme going so with plenty of input it will come up like new. Pull the motor for a check up on the top end, new plastics etc. Hopefully he can access the same graphics! They looked great. But the country stickers on the front guard are missing!
    outbackflyer and Cycle_Path like this.
  11. 2old2Bbold

2old2Bbold was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    Aaron's FB page has the link now....
  12. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    New plastics and graphics? Looks like things are intact for the most part. Check the compression and get back to it. There's a little thing known as Karma that will most likely take care of the kooks in one way or another.
    Plebz likes this.
  13. HardWorkingDog

HardWorkingDog Super Ordinary

Oddometer:
    I know it's mean-spirited to think this, but I'd still like to see some Karma run over the dogma that stole Aaron's bike.
    BigIron likes this.
  14. willmaniac

willmaniac Adventurer

Oddometer:

As an Australian I’m not at all surprised, many of the communities in the centre of Aus are not safe at all, world class shit holes. Google it if interested. But I know Arron doesn’t want it to turn down this track… Just happy he’s getting it back. Sorry this happened in my backyard mate !
  15. Cycle_Path

Cycle_Path Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I guess shit baggers are everywhere, But would have thought this might happen in Russia if it would have happened anywhere.
    What a bike this Tess is. Such aN epic story for the ages.
  16. Tau Anvil

Tau Anvil African by trade

Oddometer:
    Great news it was found. As a South African we constantly have to say sorry or hang our heads in shame when a tourist or traveller gets robbed. Don't blame an entire country for one idiots decisions, however I get it.
    anydavenow, Aaron.S, shuswap1 and 2 others like this.
  17. outbackflyer

outbackflyer Of.

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE="Aaron.S., good to hear the bike has been located Aaron, if any problems with securing it back from Amata to AliceSprings or Yulara,(if that’s what you want), we can recover it for you, can do that Friday 29th.safe storage in our workshop in Alice, get in touch if you need help.
    Aaron.S, Jeffo232, BillUA and 4 others like this.
  18. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice to hear a little good news! Hopefully the gear gets recovered too.
    Aaron.S likes this.
  19. Hohmie

Hohmie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am really happy to hear the good news this morning!
  20. powderpig

powderpig Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats Aaron on finding the bike. With your uncrushable spirit, I've no doubt the bike will be up and running soon so you can continue your fantastic voyage.
    Aaron.S and MeinMotorrad like this.