Newbie & Himalayan Owner - Warranty Question

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by unparalleledtwin, Mar 19, 2019.

1. unparalleledtwin

unparalleledtwin n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

Forum noob here, I picked up a Royal Enfield Himalayan a few weeks ago, and I'm absolutely loving it. Purchased as an all rounder for travelling/green laning/off roading. A truly capable little thing, very impressed.

I do have a technical question while I'm here, as I'm experiencing non compliant cold starts and random stalling now and then, which, through research, the most common cause appears to be kinks in the breather pipe which can be rectified via complete relocation/swapping side. I just wanted to ask a newbie question, will removal of tank and changing route of breather pipe void my warranty? Only negative I have on the bike to be honest, real thumper that's been solid so far.

Cheers,

Matt
  2. Treebone

Treebone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tell the dealer about the problem, then be patient and ride it more, likely just needs to break in a bit.
    Having said that, I rather doubt anyone would know if you had removed the tank, unless you buggered something up in the process.
    There are a couple of connectors under the tank that need a bit of finese to release before the tank can be removed.

Easier to beg forgiveness than to get permission...
    unparalleledtwin likes this.