Newbie planning 48 state road trip...advice welcomed!

Discussion in 'Americas' started by nsherman2006, Feb 23, 2011.

1. 1KBOOM

1KBOOM 2-Wheel Patriot

Oddometer:
    As for sleeping shelter, consider a few discount outfitter sites that have closeouts on lightweight hiker tents, etc. Sportman's Guide has a British Military issue "mosquito" tent for $18, less than 5 lbs. Hard to beat.

On underwear, my #1 choice is cycling short LINERS that are padded with synthetic chamois. Not the full shorts. VERY light, thin, cool and all-day comfort, cheap at Nashbar. Wear one and store the spare in the space of a Red Bull can.

Can't say enough about staying away from places like metro Chicago, etc. if you can, use the back roads to double the enjoyment of this trip and see more in less miles, relatively speaking.

Your youth will serve you well if well hydrated and nourished along the way. Good Luck!
  2. nsherman2006

nsherman2006 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Starting in May...I went to Woodstock Academy (graduated 06) and grew up in Brooklyn. Small world..;

Will be careful of wildlife in the dawn/dusk hours. I have to watch for deer out here, but by the sounds of it, it's much worse out there.

So I snagged a deal on heated gear: jacket liner, pants liner, and gloves. Also got socks, but from what I've read, it won't be worth the discomfort. Will pack them if I find them comfortable or if there's extra room (there won't be)

So here's my packing list:

Gear:
    Shoei RF-1000 Helmet
    Scorpion Hat Trick 3-in-1 jacket
    Firstgear HT 2.0 Overpants
    Sidi On-Road or Way Rain boots (will be bringing whatever pair i like best)
    Gerbing heated jacket liner
    Gerbing heated pants liner
    Gerbing heated gloves
    Olympia summer gloves (might look to upgrade these)
    CamelBak ThermoBak

Luggage:
    Soft saddlebags (still working on acquiring a set)
    60L Roll top dry bag
    Joe Rocket Manta tank bag (might upgrade to something bigger)
    Unpacked backpack

Camping:
    Marmot 15* Synthetic mummy bag
    Columbia Hooligan 2 tent
    Need to buy - Thermarest sleeping pad

Clothes:
    Wickers long underwear (turtleneck and long johns)
    Champion Under armour thermal mid layer
    Under armour t-shirts (sleveless, short, long sleeve)
    Polyester boxers (2 pair)
    Basketball shorts
    Windpants
    Bathing Suit
    Birkenstocks
    Balaclava
    Scarf

Tools:
    Stock tool kit
    Leatherman with bit kit
    Chain lube
    Tire gauge
    Need to buy - good flashlight

Hygiene:
    3-in-1 wash
    Baby wipes
    Deodorant
    Toothbrush and toothpaste
    Razor
    Sunblock
    Aloe

Other:
    iPhone w/ earbuds (RAM mount installed)
    USB charging rig
    Shop towels

Any suggestions on what should be added/omitted?

Thanks guys!
  3. MapMaster

MapMaster Human Compass

Oddometer:
    Some basic first aid supplies for minor issues to yourself:
    Bandaids and small tube of antiseptic cream
    small tube of benedryl or hydrocortozone lotion
    Others advocate a much more expansive list and that's good, the more the better, but that is more useful if you do a lot of group riding and want to be able to treat an injured rider. I just carry the basics for self treatment of the odd cut or sting.
    If I have to start stitching or splinting myself, it's not a good day and having the stuff to do it isn't going to help :huh

misc toiletries that I've found helpful:
    small bottle of hand sanitizer
    grooming scissors
    nail clippers

DEET repellent, but don't apply to synthetics - it eats nylon over time.

An LED head strap light - Cheap and useful for both camping and roadside trouble shooting in the dark.

Tools depend on how much you're comfortable doing yourself
    I ditch most of the stock tool kit keeping only the spark plug wrench, wheel nut wrenches and extension handle and any specific shock or wheel adjustment spanners and the owners manual
    A few decent combo wrenchs (sizes can vary depending on the bike but 8, 10, 12, 14 and 17mm usually cover it all.
    A multibit screwdriver, a few selected allen wrenches 5, 6, 8mm I think and a 10mm rachet bit
    Rachet and a few selected sockets - same sizes as the wrenches plus a 19 for my rear wheel lugs.
    small multimeter
    a bit of insulated wire - 14 gauge
    some baling wire
    zip ties small and large ones
    duck tape - you don't need a full roll, wrap some long strips around a small dowel rod.
    electrical tape
    needle nose plies or vise grips
    tire plugs and insertion tool

All of the above tools are on the bike all the time. (I can fit them under the seat) I'm not worried about trying to do roadside tire repairs unless I'm doing a trip to really remote areas. Then I'll pack a small bicycle pump.
  4. Eyes Shut

Eyes Shut See no evil Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Some additional things to consider:

-A pack towel (for drying off after showering or swimming):
    http://www.rei.com/product/814748

-Extra ear plugs.

-Quarters for showers at campgrounds and for doing laundry. I usually just get a roll of quarters at the bank.

And I would concur with the suggestion to have a headlamp or a headstrap for your flashlight -- so much more useful if you can have your hands free!
  5. CamoGreg

CamoGreg aka Camorpheus

Oddometer:

Looks good :thumb

I could add a couple of trivial things, but damn, you're setup well.
    We've got to leavea few things for you to learn from the experience.

There's a few minor things that you may end up having to stop and get at a walgreens. But hell no, better learned by the experience.

Now live with the day counting......bwahhhaaahaaa

edit:
    OH shit! This is Adventure rider. Where's the camera? We're gonna want pics. Even before you depart. The loaded bike pic is mandatory. :deal
  6. Eyes Shut

Eyes Shut See no evil Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not to mention, the mandatory "on the road" food pics!
  7. novamandan

novamandan Danny B

Oddometer:
    Hey man....Sounds like a badass trip. I started riding last year and have logged like 15000 miles in about six months. A lot of that was doing Moto trips. Deals gap is pretty bad ass, dont be an idiot though. Cherohala skyway is a scary fast ride and will kill you right now if you are a jackass. As for other things to pack I would definitely add:
    Dr Bonner's soap (Peppermint oil soap you can use for everything from laundry to body to dishes to toothpaste...sounds weird but is badass)
    Duct Tape (Seld explanatory)
    Extra bungee or two
    Foil (a hobo dinner is cheap and easy to do over fire)
    Tube patch kit
    Condoms....

Keep in mind this is not like a trip to Baja. You will be able to find a spot to acquire extra shit along the way. Pack super light...heavy bikes= PITA. If you are looking for tent space in DC please PM me; I live 12 miles from DC in VA; A nice place in the woods of suburbia....Good luck!

D
  8. oldtouring B

oldtouring B Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your heated gear if left plugged in when stopped WILL run your battery dead! I always unplug right before turning the engine off. The same is true for a gps unit. It is no fun to push a loaded bike and then jump on to restart.
  9. Nickywind

Nickywind CurbJumper

Oddometer:
    Monkeybutt powder
    Ibuprofen every night
    Enjoy the hell out of it!!!
  10. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm planning my own 48 state trip, but without the luxury of so much time. In fact, mine will be done in 8 days on the road. I live right between the start and stop points, so I'll take a day or two getting to and from the beginning and end, so this will be a total 12-14 day trip for me. For IBA cert, the 48 states need to be done in less than 10 days, from the time the clock starts at the first gas, through all 48 states, until the last gas in the 48th state.

I realize your goals are different, but here is my route. You can use it to fine tune your own route, if you wish. The picture below is just a screen shot, but if you want the Garmin file, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.

[​IMG]
  11. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    By the way, I forgot to mention. I spent a fair bit of time building this route, and the result is the shortest possible route I could make. This is a 7,201 mile route that routes to a gas station in every one of the lower 48 states. Average 900 miles and 15 hours saddle time per day for 8 days.

If anyone can make a shorter route with all 48 states, please let me know...
  12. lilolita

lilolita fahr mit mir

Oddometer:
    Hey Neal, looks like a great adventure.

Watch the Pachaug Camp & Ride thread. I'm sure we'll have at least one camp before you head out so you can do a run-through close to home.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670236

I'm also doing a 4-day camp over the Easter holiday out on the Cape if you would want to come along for a night. I really recommend doing a dry-run before you take off on the long trip. You'll discover stuff you don't need and stuff you do need.

How about bringing a real camera? The phones just don't take as good pics IMO.

You may also want to find a set of waterproof saddlebags (Ortlieb or Wolfman). Even with the waterproof duffel, the stuff in the saddlebags will get wet if you're riding in a long rain (and you will as you're riding in springtime). I've got a set of the Cortech sports and I like them, but I don't use them on long trips because they're not waterproof. You can always get those and put stuff in trash compactor bags, which are smaller than regular garbage bags and much thicker (can be gotten at Home Depot).

Actually, we probably have a set of cheaper saddlebags if you want them. Let me check with the boyfriend and I'll PM you.
  13. thetourist

thetourist Just passing thru

Oddometer:

From Vegas to Missoula you can save almost 250 mi by using state hwys.

From Vegas on 93 to Ely to Wendover. East 4 mi to Utah gas on Bonneville Park entrance. Just off the Freeway.

West on Freeway. North on 93 to Twin Falls. West to Boise and Payette. Cross into Oregon to Ontario for gas.

North on 95 to Lewiston ID. Cross river to Clarkston for WA gas.

East on 12 to Missoula. Or gas at Lolo Hot Springs MT 30 mi sooner.

1139 + 20/30 mi of backtrack vs 1393 on freeway, by my numbers.

Cheap motels in Wendover and Payette ID.
  14. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    I still have to get to Evanston WY for gas, so I can't use the first half up through NV. But, the Ontario, Lewiston, Missoula leg saves 100 miles. Since it takes the smaller roads, Garmin says it only saves 12 minutes. But, it might be a way better end to a long freeway ride. Thanks!
  15. thetourist

thetourist Just passing thru

Oddometer:

Oh, that pesky Wyoming :lol3

You could use the mileage saved, to ride to Yellowstone, for a dramatic ending.

I used to participate in map rallys, so I like puzzles like this.

On point. If time is an issue you may be better off with your original. 95/12 is a curvy road. Very scenic. though.

You don't need to go all the way to Missoula for gas. From Spokane there are towns with gas 80-100 mi before Missoula. Saltese (maybe). St Regis and Superior are main gas stops.
  16. JimOBrien

JimOBrien Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mac, you need to start your own thread on this. Enough of the hijacking.
  17. nsherman2006

nsherman2006 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thanks for the input, I'll definitely be watching the Pachaug progress, maybe I can get the gf to tag along.

I've made some progress with the tent space list, and I've also made some changes to the packing list:

-Fieldsheer Expander saddlebags (will line with compactor bags, or fill with stuff that can get wet)
    -Fieldsheer Eiffel II Tank bag (going to pack the sleeping bag (in a compactor bag) in here and use as a rest
    -Looking to pick up some Held Akira gloves
    -Big Agnes Air Core sleeping pad
    -Removed the bathing suit. Basketball shorts will do
    -Tool kit will be stripped and supplemented with "real" tools
    -Safety Seal tire plug kit
    -Topeak Morph bike pump
    -Extra bungee cords
    -Zip ties
    -Duct tape
    -Electrical tape
    -Medical tape
    -Extra wire
    -Fuses
    -Superglue (band aid replacement)
    -Princeton Tec Fuel headlamp
    -AAA batteries
    -1L Fuel bottle
    -Point and shoot camera with USB charger
    -MSR pack towel - large
    -Anti-Monkey Butt powder
    -Dr. Bronner's soap
    -Ibuprofen
    -Lemon Eucalyptus repellent

Still Looking to supplement my tent space list, anybody who's on the loop and wants to volunteer would be greatly appreciated.

Also probably modifying the route a bit, taking an extra day to go down to Orlando to see a friend before heading back to the panhandle. Extra miles, but I don't see the guy very often, so it's worth it.

Thanks!
  18. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jim - relax, you hijacking anti-hijacker. Who made you the thread police? :deal
  19. LewisNClark

LewisNClark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had the same experience...continually pulling to keep them in place. Feel like they were a $59 waste.
  20. nsherman2006

nsherman2006 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

Sorry to those of you who have been following this thread. I've been busy with other things, but have still worked on the trip planning. I have just about everything that was on my packing list purchased, delivered, and waiting to be packed. Been taking the bike on a few trial runs loaded. Waiting for a decent weekend to convince the GF to go camping so I can test out my new toys.

I also have a tentative schedule. Departure date is May 12...less than a month to go! (sorry, for some reason copy and paste from word made this font) If it's just a city listed, I have an ADVrider or friend who has volunteered space.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:TargetScreenSize>800x600</o:TargetScreenSize> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} </style> <![endif]--> Thursday, 5/12 - Outside DC
    Friday, 5/13 - Cumberland Gap Park - Middlesboro, KY
    Saturday, 5/14 - Topton, NC
    Sunday, 5/15 - Fort McAllister Historic Park Richmond Hill, GA
    Monday, Tuesday 5/16-17 - Palm City, FL
    Wednesday, 5/18 - Destin, FL
    Thursday, 5/19 - New Orleans, LA
    Friday, 5/20 - Hochatown State Park - Broken Bow, OK
    Saturday, 5/21 - Hotel - San Antonio, TX
    Sunday, 5/22 - Franklin Mountains State Park - El Paso, TX
    Monday, 5/23 - Navajo Lake State Park Navajo Dam, NM
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 5/24-26 - Salt Lake City, UT
    Friday, 5/27 - Goose Lake Recreation Area, OR