Newfoundland 2020

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Fuzzy74, Apr 29, 2020.

1. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    For the run north of Gander yes I would take the Argentia boat but would first loop to Cape Spear either through the north or south shore of the Avalon depending on the wind. Then on the way west hang a right through Gambo and go to Twillingate to rejoin the TCH at the Lewisporte turnoff.

North off the Argentia ferry is Hearts Content but you have to pass by Dildo to get there.
    Fuzzy74 likes this.
  2. Thunderbutt

Thunderbutt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you guys are leaving from Tenn., can I ask why your headed to Detroit? If you want to see Niagara Falls, US Hwy19 will take you north all the way to Pittsburgh, Pa., then hop on I-79 towards Erie and either Rt 5 or Rt 20 thru western NY up to the falls.
    There is a nice KOA campground on Rt 5 in Westfield, NY overlooking Lake Erie. Or there is Lake Erie State Park just a few miles farther east outside Brocton, NY.
    Wish I could join you guys. Keep us posted with lots of pictures

PS- have you considered the MABDR?
    wanderlone likes this.
  3. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. Fuzzy74

Fuzzy74 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for suggestions.

Michigan just keeps from leaving a hole in states visited by motorcycle map.

I don't have enough off road experience for a BDR.
  5. Fuzzy74

Fuzzy74 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If this is still in place for August then this trip is delayed. If it is lifted by then we will go. Effort spent planning will be good for next year, so not wasted.

Some areas of U.S. are opening up now. A month or two of time will clearly prove the decisions right or wrong. If things go well for them other areas may change their plans of opening to stop the economic bleeding. if locations like Newfoundland and Maine open we will be ready to go. If not we will travel in a different direction, probably western U.S. and hopefully make this trip next year.
  6. nuke65

nuke65 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This could very well end up being a random trip where we spin a needle and go in that direction. The travel restrictions will dictate what we can do. Still, I'd rather spend time going somewhere than looking at my bike in the garage at home.
    Patch, ahung12, LM15 and 1 other person like this.
  7. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    Marine Atlantic has announced that the Argentia service has been cancelled this year due to anticipated lack of demand with tourism traffic this season.
  8. wanderlone

wanderlone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just butting in for a moment but driving up I 75 in Ohio and cruising through SE MI to take the 401 through Ontario is some of the most annoying least rewarding slab travel one could do. From a lifelong MI resident unless you are going to the northern lower peninsula or the upper peninsula there is zero reason to go that way just to check off MI. Don't do it LOL.
    knight and Fuzzy74 like this.
  9. Mirider

Mirider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As a lifelong Michigan resident too I agree with Wanderlone. If your going through there just to check off the state as one you’ve been to I guess I get it but that is some of the worse roads and traffic in our state. Then when you get into Canada the roads may get better but the traffic doesn’t.
    knight likes this.