Newfoundland Two Wheel Inn & Campground under construction

Discussion in 'Canada' started by skibum69, Jun 21, 2017.

1. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. cberry

cberry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds great Mike. I hope it will be ready when I get there in mid to late July
  3. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    Rode past it 2 days ago. From the beach I counted 6 icebergs.
    Having been there and camped in the orchard a few times I can assure anybody that is interested that the area is a great place to ride. A wee bit out of the way but that is kind of the point of riding. No traffic, curvy roads with coastal views, good people all around and interesting conversations with the locals wherever you stop (Interpreter may be required).
    I really hope you can make this work.
  4. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Wish you the best as well.

Nice semi retirement gig and you get to share motorcycle experiences with strangers.

I'll be driving by there in a month.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  5. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Thank you friends. Chuck I can guarantee you it will not be "ready" but you know we'll take care of you. As it stands I'm booked home for a week on the 23rd. I need an afternoon to have the 640 good to go but my R65 will be ready.

Yes, a bit of a semi retirement. Bikes all summer and ropework in the winter could make for a nice mix.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  6. novaboy

novaboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good luck with it Mike. Beautiful place up there. Bikes and/or boards welcome? I've been wanting to come home and SUP surf New Melbourne for a longtime.

Hope to see ya one of these years.

Cheers
    Terry
  7. SSBB

SSBB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Now that is funny, true, but funny!
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  8. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Hey Terry, no marketing to anyone not on 2 wheels, it if they show up we'll give them a room.:D
  9. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good luck with your project. Gives me a place to shoot for when I make a NFLD excursion. Have not been to the "Rock" since 1979 so I guess I am due soon...Dave
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  10. skibum69

Oddometer:
    You might see a few changes since 1979, my little town is probably 1/4 the size of what it was then. Makes it nice and quiet:lol3
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  11. SSBB

SSBB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You should see if the local dealer would do a rental program for you, or maybe one by St Johns so you could just fly in and pick it up there. Would be a lot easier for me to do something like that so I think others would probably be in the same boat.
    WildAnCrazymtl and Maggot12 like this.
  12. cberry

cberry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I leave tomorrow and will be meandering via St. Joseph Island, Ont.,and various other stops along the way to the Rock. Only time will tell whether we meet up this time, but I sure hope we do. You're on my 'must stop' list. Watch RTR to get the spotwalla sites.
  13. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Keep me up to date via email or a thread somewhere so we can try to meet somewhere.
  14. 2dogs1cat

2dogs1cat Cole Harbour Kid

Oddometer:
    Pretty exciting times for you and the Mrs......by the way, have the two of you come up with a name for your establishment?
    : ^ )
  15. skibum69

Oddometer:
    My first thought was "Allen's Moto Repose" as a little memory of my grandfather who died before I was born. But would it deter bicycles? That's why I put up Two Wheel Inn for now.
    2dogs1cat and smoothride like this.
  16. cberry

cberry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mike, I'll be looking for a place for a couple of days around 12-14 July. Will you be there then, and, will it be available? email me if you can. Thanks
  17. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Email sent, I have you covered my friend.
  18. skibum69

Oddometer:
    I'm taking a page from Mosko Moto here to start my vendor thread for a Moto, bicycle focused B&B/Inn/lodge or whatever you want to call it and campground my girlfriend and I are building. I certainly have plenty of ideas and aspirations for what I want to create and I think I have a pretty good idea of what most riders want and expect from places they want to stay.

We plan to offer 4 rooms and I'm thinking we can get at least 6 campsites. There is already an outdoor shower. There is a dedicated drying/cleaning room already laid out.

I have a garage-"the shed" in local culture. I can put bikes in the basement if need be. I have a full selection of tools and a 1500lb bike lift. For cyclists I have a work stand and a full set of Park tools.

The local BMW dealer is my shop sponsor so that partnership is already there, the owner is the best mechanic in the province. At the moment I have a Mercedes Sprinter if bikes need to be delivered.

Right now we're renovating the upstairs to bring it out of the 70's, we've pretty much decided what we want to do there but are open to suggestions.

I figure asking the community for feedback and ideas will only add to what's in my head to make this one of the best places to stay anywhere.

The questions for all of you out there begin: what do you want to find where you choose to stay for a night or a few nights? Do you look for Moto specific venues? What extras will make it better? What will make it great? What do you hate?

It's a beautiful place to visit and a fun place to ride so you all should start planning a trip. To start things off here's a snapshot of the front of the house which really doesn't tell you much at all.

[​IMG]
    For all of you asking yourselves where the hell New Melbourne, Newfoundland is, here's a map
    [​IMG]
    Thank you in advance for your help. Onward and upward!
  19. skibum69

Oddometer:
  20. sturgeon

sturgeon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmm, a friend of mine bought a place in Heart's Content last year, and keeps bugging me to visit. I could extend my annual visit to Pictou :hmmmmm