Newfoundland Two Wheel Inn & Campground under construction

Discussion in 'Canada' started by skibum69, Jun 21, 2017.

1. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks better with a bit of trim and light
    [​IMG]
    'Bob', TNRyder, B10Dave and 4 others like this.
  2. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Well then! I think we're pretty much done with all of the Reno shit upstairs! 3 years in the making we're happy as clams to be on the back end of this. Now all that's left is running a few water lines in the basement and hooking up the standpipe for the 3rd bathroom. Easy peasy!

Got a little trim up around the shower in the third bathroom. Nothing fancy but it works and it shows just how far off square the ceiling is. Funny shit!
    [​IMG]

We'll be putting up an Air B&B posting as soon as we can and a new thread in the vendors forum on here and a few other forums to get kicked off. If you're thinking of heading up this summer PM me to see about timing as this year I have to keep working so there may be down days in our schedule.
    2dogs1cat, 'Bob', TNRyder and 4 others like this.
  3. skibum69

Oddometer:
    So...I've been reaquainting myself with my sewing machine ad doing a few little projects. The latest is my first Roman blind for one of the B&B bedrooms. It was a learning experience and I have a few ideas to make the next ones better. All the same I was pretty pleased with how it came out. Yes I know there's light bleed on the sides but we have an idea to fix that, and the next ones will not be an issue.
    [​IMG]
    does what it's supposed to
    [​IMG]
    Blackout fabric on the back keeps the morning sun out.
    [​IMG]
  4. FreeTheBeast

FreeTheBeast BDR ambassador Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mike, you will make someone a good wife one day. :-)
    CA-Cincinnatus and Night_Wolf like this.
  5. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Ha! Time you came up to find out!
    Night_Wolf, Klinc207 and FreeTheBeast like this.
  6. skibum69

Oddometer:
    I was going to cut down trees today but the missus suggested I get the last plumbing done. Running 3/4 pex to manifolds for most of the water lines. It took a little longer than she expected but it all came together with only a few hiccups. No more procrastinating.

Running plumbing for the 3rd bathroom took a little imagination.
    [​IMG]
    More imagination running the new standpipe across the floor and running new drains to the new grey water tank. Don’t ask why the 3rd bathroom standpipe is not tied in yet.
    [​IMG]
    The madness of the original standpipe and drain setup that I have modified here and there. I just make up shit as I go.
    [​IMG]
    Everything goes up, various lines go the the first and second floor
    [​IMG]
    And here are the lovely new manifolds, now 3/4 going to these. Believe it or not this wacky arrangement is better than it was and all of the new lines are hooked up too so every bathroom can now work except for the one toilet.
    [​IMG]
    Putting in a couple of shower controls and that last standpipe are all that’s left! We’ll be open this spring, I need to get a vendors thread up.
  7. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Ok, back on the topic of plumbing I got the sink for the coffee nook hooked up so that’s good to go.
    [​IMG]
    More exciting that that was getting the last standpipe hooked up. A friend suggested using the shop vac to suck out the water backflow. Three fills of said shop vac with sewer backwash was enough to let me do the hookup. Yay!
    [​IMG]

Super excited because it looks like that is the last of the renovations! It’s only been three years, we’re only a year behind but now we’re ready to go! The remaining details are comparatively minor, just things like furniture and linens all of which don’t involve screw guns and lumber. Onward and upward!
  8. Summit72

Summit72 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking good should be back out that way this summer. Hopefully get to stop through this time. Keep up the great work.
  9. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Drop me a PM with your contact info/location. Have a friend trailering to NB from Ontario & then taking the bike to Nfld to do some exploring. Think he's taking his ZRX 1100, could be the Wing or the Busa, either way, I think he'll be headed that way
  10. Millwright98

Millwright98 Share the love, leave the dirt in the garden.

Oddometer:
    Mike... are you guys located anywheres near the trailway/rail bed? Doing the loop PAB to Argentia on ATV's, going across with 6 others in July.. we'd stay with you!!
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  11. skibum69

Oddometer:
    I'm about 100 km's north of Whitbourne where the railed from Argentia comes out. There is another railed that goes north from there towards me but I've never run all the way to see where it comes out.

Are going to be out of lockdown by July?
    Maggot12 and MGV8 like this.
  12. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lets Hope
  13. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Yup, fingers crossed.

Eastern shore...where exactly? How far from the Red Rooster?
  14. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    You won't be near Two Wheel Inn. Probably 1.5 hrs by car. It'll take you a day to get there from the main trail that you'll be on.

I've had this on a bucket list for 30 yrs, and thought about doing it on 2 wheels, but that wouldn't be ideal. Several guys from work are planning the same trek this summer. I hope to join them but never owned an atv. Looking at a Yamaha Wolverine X2 for the trek.

Also, I recommend you ferry to Argentia and ride west. But there's no wrong here.

I hope we're safe to travel by then.

B10Dave and Night_Wolf like this.
  15. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    He's near the rose and rooster, 15 minutes north of me, east Porters Lake area.

16. skibum69

Oddometer:
    If I could get my 525 back together I guess it's past time to see how far north you can get on that old railbed.
    Millwright98 and Maggot12 like this.
  17. skibum69

Oddometer:
    My buddy Jeff Adams owns it.
  18. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    I've never been there. Spent the last hr looking at reviews of the place..

Gonna have to take a jaunt out there once we're allowed to be out in a public place again.

19. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Ok, as I've said we were planning to open this spring but the new reality of our world is going to prevent that, obviously we're just like everyone else watching what is happening and we will open when we can. The good side I guess it that it gives us time to think about things we want to add and we just keep plugging along with odds and ends. As mentioned I've been sewing lately.

We decided to name the rooms after the compass points as the back wall of the house is due north. The ensuite with the KTM bathroom is the NW room, the ensuite with the Ducati bathroom is the NE room. The jazz room is the SE room and the punk rock room is SW. The shared bathroom is E.

This will be the punk rock room, I keep finding old concert posters and other memorabilia from my punk days. A few flashes of history.
    [​IMG]

Is it a little weird? Who cares, I was at these shows, Rise was my buddy's band and I used to roadie for them.
    [​IMG]

This was a great show too. Amazingly I can still remember it a bit. There are more to be mounted and/or framed.
    [​IMG]

classic shit
    [​IMG]
    Another idea is to take old band t-shirts and chop them up to make a collage. I have a few tucked away.

A new curtain on the KTM bathroom
    [​IMG]

I took the pattern from another little set of curtains the missus had and made a set from some fun fabric we bought. We like them in the Ducati bathroom. You might have to be of an age to know Babar.
    [​IMG]
    A piece of art from MZCountryboy's wife matches nicely too, and I like to nod to my history. Funny is has every wall colour in my house except the magenta in our bedroom.
    [​IMG]

Then there is the jazz room with some stuff that was my dad's that I had framed or dry mounted, I also have all of his record collection waiting for me to build shelves to put them on.
    [​IMG]

This guy was the missus' second dad. He was pretty big in his day
    [​IMG]

My father snuck into a bar in St Louis to see this guy, apparently he got kicked out for being too young. That was awhile ago.
    [​IMG]

Seeing as we have space and no guests we figured we might as well make use of it. The jazz room is currently my sewing room.
    [​IMG]

I made the jazz room blind out of a art & crafts movement/William Morris design fabric the missus had. I like it. I don't know why pics are coming out so dark.
    [​IMG]

The missus turned the punk rock rook into her studio or more realistically her pot smoking room. Good thing I have a fan on a timer installed in there to go with the gear hangers and boot dryers that will be in each room.
    [​IMG]

This was my second blind, where I came up too narrow again I hand sewed two borders on to fill. We were sleeping in this room and I can tell you it's plenty dark with the blinds down.
    [​IMG]

The first blind I made was too narrow as well so I hand stitched some piping down the sides which I think came out really well. This room was most important as it gets the morning sun.
    [​IMG]

I made the second blind for the NW room and it is the only room that has 2 windows not including the bathroom. The pleats made is quite a bit more challenging.
    [​IMG]

I stitched and hung this curtain more sensibly too. We'll put up another one across the back. There will be a microwave and toaster oven plus a kettle and coffee presses there. One day I'll get around to putting up some shelves on that wall. We put a few stickers on that fridge to show folks they can tag it if they want.
    [​IMG]

Seeing as I'm sewing I made some masks for us and friends as well.
    [​IMG]
    pretty quick and easy to make
    [​IMG]

My next project is to make the mantlepiece for the living room. I have a 3" slice of spruce from one of my trees that will transform into it. I'll put up some pics when I'm done. This will count as we plan to open up the living room as a common room for guests.

Hope you all are staying safe and making the most out of your social distancing. Cheerio!

Attached Files:

20. Millwright98

Millwright98 Share the love, leave the dirt in the garden.

Oddometer:
    @Maggot12 ... going the clockwise route from PAB due to timelines and ferry schedules .... If we aren't safe to travel by then in groups...I'm packing the S10 for a camping/fishing trip to Raddisson QC and up to Longue Pointe if conditions are good. Barring that...still lots of good places to explore in NS.
    Maggot12 likes this.