1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Next in the BDR series - AZBDR

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by eakins, May 8, 2013.

1. 5050kid

5050kid Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would stay away from the reservation - I rode there this weekend, and most businesses are closed, even a lot of the gas stations (you can't even buy gas at the pump).
    Chillis likes this.
  2. Friedom

Friedom Onward and upward!

Oddometer:
    This actually makes me want to go in there that much more. I love technical and my bike is up to the task. Questionable to do it solo though.
    Good to know. I plan on having a good 10g in addition to my truck and 6.7 gallon bike tank, but the 6.7 is the only one that travels with me when riding.
  3. Rob.G

Rob.G Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    Yeah I wouldn't recommend doing it solo on a bike; it's a bit too remote. I did it solo in my SxS, though I did come across a few Land Cruisers and some other SxS's that particular day.

The route that I took started off of Hwy 288 just north of 188 (Cherry Creek Road). From there I went east/north and ended up on the very twisty-curvy section that lets out on 288 a few miles south of Young. The best part of that route IS the twisty-curvy section. I would suggest running that part and then also turn north and finishing up the trail that comes out past Young on the other side. I haven't done that stretch yet but would like to. Heck, depending on your timeframe, I could be easily persueded to come up there and camp for the weekend and ride it with you if you don't mind me being in a SxS. :)
  4. Friedom

Oddometer:
    Those things haul, so it wouldn't surprise me if you keep up.
    On the other hand, when I get in that zone..
    mntdawg likes this.
  5. Rob.G

Rob.G Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    Hahah on a wide trail (even with lots of curves), I can haul serious butt, but knowing what that tight stretch of Cherry Creek Rd is like, if you wanted, you coud leave me far, far behind.
  6. Friedom

Oddometer:
    I have rode through that area from 260 going south, but it was on the main road at 3am with snow around.
  7. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    hey fried:wave

you would enjoy 203,,, go for it.

hit me up i can give you a couple nice loops from a base camp
    Friedom likes this.