Next in the BDR series - IDBDR

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by eakins, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Fred-O

Fred-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Planning IDBDR in early Sep, 2021 but would like to know if anyone has made loops or figure eights to include the BDR with other dirt roads ?
  2. JMartin

JMartin Tres Libras

Oddometer:
    Yes. Probably my favorite dirt road runs right along the ID/MT border. There are other connectors. Jay
    PYG RYDR likes this.
  3. BadDogMax

BadDogMax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My daughter and I are planning to run Day 2 and part of Day 3 this weekend on TW200's. We plan to loop back to the truck at the starting point in Pine to make it a 3 day trip. Any recommendations on a good way to return from the area around Warren to Pine?

Also, is there any gas in Featherville? That first leg to Lowman is pretty long for a TW200 even with extra fuel.
  4. Fred-O

Fred-O Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Care to share? Map view or GPS tracks ?
  5. JMartin

JMartin Tres Libras

Oddometer:
    Sure. This is from Wallace, but you can also start from Avery. Either way, it's 220 miles with no services. My track includes a loop in the middle because I'm never sure the shortest way will be open. It's getting overgrown. There is also an out-and-back to Needle Peak which I think I picked up from the Tour of Idaho. Never have done it as it's already a long day. We have come out at Superior, MT and spent the night once. Having found only terrible food there, I was going to come out at Saint Regis this year, but was dissuaded by all the fires. Let me know if you have questions.
    Jay

Attached Files:

6. WoodrowBDR

WoodrowBDR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We rode Magruder to Darby on Tuesday. Because of the smoke we didnt have the real distant views. There was lots of traffic and a little ways passed burnt knob lookout a road grader. Ill have to return when theres no smoke. In Darby we aborted the BDR route and heading east back home.
    Harder1 likes this.
  7. JMartin

JMartin Tres Libras

Oddometer:
    I agree. It's just not the same without those vistas. Even the top of Twin Peaks was a let down this year. If you are only going to ride ID once, you might postpone a year. Jay
    WoodrowBDR likes this.
  8. DA KLIXTER

DA KLIXTER old and slow

Oddometer:
    Yes, gas at Featherville and Pine.

CK

Also, is there any gas in Featherville? That first leg to Lowman is pretty long for a TW200 even with extra fuel.[/QUOTE]
    BadDogMax likes this.
  9. mkitchen

mkitchen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We're heading to Idaho on August 6th and plan on reaching Caldwell on the 7th. We need to meet up with a friend who lives in Caldwell and then ride to Jarbidge, then start north on Sunday, the 8th. My question is; can anyone make a suggestion as to a good way to get from Caldwell to Jarbidge without riding all of the IDBDR route and yet not taking highway either (my granddaughter will be riding with us and has very little riding experience and even less road riding experience). Thanks in advance for the help.
    Mikey
  10. boomhwr

boomhwr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a link to a map to the area in eastern Owyhee and southern Twin Falls County? I know there is a route that goes from Glenns Ferry to the Jarbidge Road through the desert. Did it years ago in truck and there is no service and almost no people other than ranch hands.
  11. mkitchen

mkitchen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That would be about what we are looking for. Hope someone can recall the route.
    Thanks
    Mikey
  12. boomhwr

boomhwr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will get ahold of the range deputies out of TF. Makes you feel very insignificant while you are out there. If looking, the east end landmarks are Crows Nest and Balanced Rock. Once out of the canyon you start trying to head south. It also skirts the Mountain Home AFB range.
  13. SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV Northern California ST/ADV Rider

Oddometer:
    Edit: It's been determined that the closure backs up to Magruder, but does not include it.

[​IMG]

Does anyone have a way to get on Magruder after Elk City? The closure ends at about Four Mile Creek, but I don't see any roads that would bring you back south to Magruder after the closure area. Thoughts?

Edit: It's been determined that the closure backs up to Magruder, but does not include it.
  14. SlickRickMotoADV

Oddometer:
    Anyone know how to route around the closure north of Wallace?
  15. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    I dont believe there is a way but maybe someone else knows something I dont.
  16. SlickRickMotoADV

Oddometer:
    Magruder is still open. Not sure if you meant to reply to that, or the post I just made about Wallace.
  17. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    No i meant to answer the question if there is a way to get onto the Magruder after Elk City.
    I think thats what was being asked anyway. Lol
    SlickRickMotoADV likes this.
  18. SlickRickMotoADV

Oddometer:
    Thanks for clarifying. I called the forest service over there, and they said the closure backs up to Magruder, but does not include it. This was a few days ago though.
  19. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    New fire by Nez Perce. Coming home from Pullman last night, it looked like it was really going.

Update: It's the Bedrock Fire, over 6000 acres as of last night. Lenore has been evacuated.
  20. BadDogMax

BadDogMax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Video of our trip on TW200's