1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Next in the BDR series - IDBDR

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by eakins, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Dent is cooler than Granddad? I haven't been across Granddad yet but I want to. :ricky
  2. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got to playing with their tracks last night. Their route goes pretty much due north from Pierce, crossing at Grandad (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w1oyFTGxz...ZjaOcv2LbGs/s1600/dworshak_grandad_bridge.gif) and up Fishhook to the Joe. Nice, but nothing spectacular, other than the last few miles of Fishhook. I'm thinking that detouring to the west, crossing at Dent (the cool suspension bridge) http://idahocampgroundreview.com/dentacresbridge.JPG, going through Elk River and then up Marble Creek would be nice-the ~20 miles along the old railroad grade on the St. Joe from Marble Creek to Avery is just a spectacular ride, and the logging sites along Marble are pretty cool. IIRC there are also some nice camp spots near Dent right on the Dworshak as well.

Similar from Wallace to CF, they pretty much beeline due north. I'm thinking looping west, catching Lakeview Road and running the 278 along the south shore of Pend Orielle is too nice a ride to pass up. Views of the lake (especially Bernard Overlook) are spectacular.http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/IdahoRenegade/media/Spion Kop Ride 7-7-12/SpionKopRide002.jpg.html And the campground at Whisky Rock is one of the nicest I know, and lands about right distance wise to leave one more day to finish the BDR.

These loops would probably add ~100 miles to the IDBDR (and it's ~1250 already according to the tracks) but IMO are some of the nicest riding anywhere.

I'm actually kind of surprised they don't have the Upper Pack River road route IDBDR-it's a real nice ride through to Roman Nose, and IIRC, Black Dog (a sponsor) lives on that road. Of course, it's all a matter of keeping the overall length of the ride somewhat manageable. I hope we can get some input from riders in the southern parts of the state as to what is a nice number of miles per day to put on, that lands us at some nice camp sites. IMO, campgrounds and fuel stops are some of our biggest considerations.
  3. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    ir
  4. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last summer I rode thru Yellow Pine, mid afternoon on a Friday. Lots of people except in the store and bar (both closed).
    The pumps were locked and no key??
    I got a gallon from a local to get me to Stanley.

I hope you get my gist.
  5. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Fresh out of the oven...
    The newly updated Washington Backcountry Discovery Route map and the brand spanking new Idaho BDR map. Go check out a IDBDR film premiere at a supporting dealership and be the first to own the map. The only place to get it until March 1st.

[​IMG]
  6. Wansfel

Wansfel I'm not lost! The world is just a bit misplaced.

Oddometer:
    Last summer when we went through Yellow Pine, we had to cross closures to get to the tank (no pump) on Main Street and if we delayed our departure, we would have to ride in the Harmonica Festival Parade.
    (July 31, Aug 1,2 2015 so plan accordingly)
    [​IMG]
  7. nadredrum

nadredrum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a shame there are no dealers anywhere near me that are doing anything for the premier. Was tempted to fly to Boise, but didn't work with my schedule. Maybe next time someone in the Midwest will do an event, but I doubt it. They probably all think Starbucks is as much adventure as we Midwestern adventure riders can handle. :cry
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  9. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Eakins, thanks for the info!
  10. 4corners14

4corners14 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Butler Maps! I wasn't aware that there was an update to the Washington map? What was changed? :ear
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  12. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Some routing tweaks on the map and mostly a re-print.
  13. dvwalker

dvwalker Working to ride

Oddometer:
    wait washington or idaho?
  14. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...Tried to pick up a ticket for the Boise Premier yesterday .... SOLD OUT :eek1
  15. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:

They must be serving free hot dogs. :rofl
  16. OldtimerTC

OldtimerTC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone Interesting in Joining a few of us to complete this in July. Currently looking at July 11th- 25th .
    We are planning to do roughly 150 miles or so per day, with 1 day somewhere in the middle for R&R at Hotsprings.

I would be interested in locating a "driver" for a support vehicle to meet up with us along the route. Due to the remoteness of most of the route and limited supplies along the way I am thinking a chase truck with cold beer, steaks , fuel, spares etc would be a huge plus.

Any one wanting to join us send me a PM , especially if your significant other would like to join as a chase driver . :evil

We are Solid B riders , well prepared and outfitted rding KTM 690's . This will be my 4th BDR --- always nice to have a few more along for the ride.

Grip it and Rip it !!
  17. F.P.

F.P. Clown who is sick

Oddometer:
    Hey Idaho-ers,
    Looking at the IDBDR this summer....
    This route seems pretty tame, lot's of big ol' fire roads and such. What would be a reasonable expectation of daily mileage? Can the route be completed in 4-5 days and still enjoy the sights along the way?
    Thanks
    FP
  18. nadredrum

nadredrum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got my map and DVD today:clap But now I have to wait till Monday to watch it. Pesky work wanting me to spend 13 hrs a day there.
  19. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    me too! Just opened the package will be watching it before bed.
  20. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    how are you guys getting those already? :scratch