Next in the BDR series - IDBDR

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by eakins, Nov 19, 2013.

1. BillMoore

BillMoore Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for those videos! Just watched both of them back-to-back, a great cure for cabin fever! I've ridden some of the Grizzly Ridge section and up towards Lake Pend Oreille, and your video makes me really want to do the rest of it.
    GrizzLee likes this.
  2. Dog man

Dog man n00b

Oddometer:
    I started watching a couple years ago and haven’t stopped. Love your videos and envy you for where you ride. I’m on the other side of the country. Wish I could ride there. Thank you for posting videos they are awesome
  3. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just to add my thanks for your videos, not just both of your IDBDR trips but ALL of your videos. I have been following you on You Tube for a long time and had a trip to Bella Coola via Fraser canyon planned for this summer mostly following your route. Now that may be put off because of COVID 19.
  4. GrizzLee

GrizzLee RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer:
    Yes, these are very strange times. Many of us worried about our futures. Very surreal for sure.

I was hoping to go back to the Chilcotin.... it's been 3 years of fires up there. Was curious to see what it is like now.

Thanks to both of you for the kind words. Stay safe and take care of your loved ones.

Here's a little distraction.... to add some levity. Take care of your 4 legged friends as well.

image000000_01.jpg
  5. zoo

zoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just an idea that you should consider. It played out for us last year perfect. we took a truck down to Wallace Idaho. Left it there and road south to Castle rocks hwy 20, over to sawtooth area. Then headed north more east, Tour of idaho, area back up to wallace.
    We wanted our truck at least somewhere down there in case of a break down and didn't want to worry about the rent a truck. Wallace to Castle rocks area took us 4 days. It is absolutely the best BDR I have done. the tour of idaho north bound was superb as well. Warren town is a highlight along the journey. Great little pub. Lots of hot springs along the journey as well. Wallace another amazing place. Have fun, its a rush.
    Idaho is really made for back country riding. Lots of available roads and info. Easy to pic a different route home.
    GlobeTrotter and PYG RYDR like this.
  6. bobsled

bobsled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Post was awhile ago, but are you still kicking this idea around?
  7. PA Slammer

PA Slammer I hate titles...

Oddometer:
    It’s still the plan... But who knows with everything going on.
  8. bobsled

bobsled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested in making the trek down the IBDR around that time. Preferably in a small group.
  9. ORexpat

ORexpat Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer:
    BMW MOA rally postponed for one year. No rally in 2020, but Great Falls in 2021.
  10. PA Slammer

Oddometer:
    I’d still be up for a ride. Even though the rally is cancelled.
    bobsled likes this.
  11. PA Slammer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, where’s the UNLIKE button.
    cprbusa likes this.
  12. utefan

utefan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GrizzLee your videos are fantastic, thanks for sharing. Trying to figure out a way to do the IDBDR this summer, after watching your videos, I MUST find a way!
    GrizzLee likes this.
  13. GrizzLee

GrizzLee RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words. Glad to share. The IDBDR is a unique experience IMHO. I hope you find a way. You may see me out there :-)
    Solo Moto likes this.
  14. madrider5150

madrider5150 Riding somewhere

Oddometer:
    Anybody know if wallace to clark for is clear of snow? I think its safe to assume the magruder will be snowed in until at least later in june..?
  15. philthyphil

philthyphil Nomad

Oddometer:
    I bet they're close if not there. Supposed to be real warm around here in the next week. If I'm able to get to that area and check I'll report back.
    madrider5150 likes this.
  16. mlyamkaw

mlyamkaw Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer:
    Could not get through from Clark Fork a week ago. There was still snow down to 3800 foot level, several miles from the top. Supposed to warm up this week, that will expedite things.
    madrider5150 likes this.
  17. madrider5150

Oddometer:
    Probably a safe bet it wont be cleared out by this weekend..
  18. mlyamkaw

mlyamkaw Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer:
    I know Gold Creek Lodge is open, and rumor has it a couple on a GS 1200 made it over from there over Johnson Creek Road to Clark Fork. My friend spoke with them in Clark Fork. He said they used a Pulaski to cut a trail through the snow for about three miles down from the top. So maybe there is a line through that way?
    madrider5150 likes this.
  19. madrider5150

Oddometer:
    The tough thing is my limited range, if I get 80 miles in and need to turn around I'm screwed..
  20. Ironwood

Ironwood Friday Harbor, WA

Oddometer:
    We are going to do the northern half of the route starting around the second week of July. We are thinking of Elk city to Clark Fork. Can anyone direct us to a safe place to park a couple vehicles somewhere near there? One will have a trailer in tow.

We could stage somewhere around Grangeville or even Kooskia if there was a good dirt route to Elk City from there. I don't know the forest roads in that area. Joe