Next in the BDR series - IDBDR

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by eakins, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Humunn

Humunn Agent Provocateur

Oddometer:
    @JP4 will you be able to post up status/work arounds as you ride, particularly of Elk Summit and other questionable areas? We are following behind you from Oregon late next week.
    JP4 likes this.
  2. JP4

JP4 Thumper Geek

Oddometer:
    Sure, as long as I can get a signal I'll post updates. Two of us are driving the van to Walla Walla early Friday from Hood River and riding back roads to intercept section 2 in Lowman on Saturday. We're meeting a buddy in Lowman who's leaving tomorrow from PDX and slabbing out solo to start the route farther south. The two of us driving to Walla Walla only have a week, so we're hoping to get as far as Wallace and maybe Clark Fork if everything lines up.
    Humunn likes this.
  3. lithodave

lithodave brachy850 Supporter

Oddometer:

Hi Brendan
    This is Dave, the guy you met on the way down from the Lolo Motorway on the Tenere 700. After we parted I spent the rest of the day in backcountry around Lolo Pass. Good meeting you, you're a serious good rider! Keep safe!
    Brendan K likes this.
  4. Crowbert

Crowbert n00b

Oddometer:
    Bridge out past Roman Nose Camp on section 8. Had to backtrack and take freeways to Canada.

Attached Files:

5. Brendan K

Brendan K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Today I rode south from my campsite at Spring Bar campground on the Salmon River to near the top of Elk Summit. After getting through on Lolo and then Magruder I thought how bad could it be at Elk Summit? So I rode all the way up there. Near the top I plowed though some snow drifts and followed dirt bike tracks through the woods around the downed trees. I thought I was going to make it. Lol. Very near the top there are a couple big deep snow slides with lots of trees down on top of them. The road is buried deep underneath. So I have backtracked the 40 something miles to Secesh Stage Stop now. BTW Burgdorf Hot Springs is closed so if you need gas, eats, drinks, lodging Secesh is the spot to get it. It’s south past Burgdorf. Lacey runs the place and will take good care of you if you need anything. Tell her I sent you. Tomorrow morning I will go to McCall and then take Lick Creek to Yellow Pine as suggested. Here are some pics of the first of the two big slides across the road.

Attached Files:

6. Humunn

Humunn Agent Provocateur

Oddometer:
    I just spoke with someone at the Elk City Hotel who told me they cleared the pass and corridor two days ago and motorcycle groups have been able to pass as early as yesterday.
  7. madrider5150

madrider5150 Riding somewhere

Oddometer:
    Great info, I plan to run somewhere between Sandpoint and Wallace this weekend
  8. Brendan K

Brendan K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I finished the rest of my southbound to Jarbidge Nevada last night. What a ride! Road miles back to Sandpoint starting now, then I’ll finish the last little bit of section 8 I skipped when I started.
    misterk, HBL, lithodave and 5 others like this.
  9. MasterMarine

MasterMarine Long timer

Oddometer:
    I briefly talked with a group who was leaving Jarbidge this morning at the Outdoor Inn. My group of 4 was just finishing up a loop of southern Idaho, NW Utah and NE Nevada. We made it over to Jackpot and completed our loop. I hope all of you have a great ride. Idaho is beautiful.

Have fun with the Penalty Ribbon. I have the most ribbons in our group.
    Ladybug and Humunn like this.
  10. JMartin

JMartin Tres Libras

Oddometer:
    We are in Pierce tonight. It's hot which should help further melt any lingering snow. It's supposedly been a wet spring: puddles abound and dust is not a problem. Tomorrow we will see just how clear things are at Blue Cabin. Jay
  11. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    If you get a chance let us know what you find at the Blue Cabin. @PNW Buttercup and I want to head out on the northern part of IDBDR Fri. morning but we're waiting to see if the Blue Cabin will be accessible or not. If not we might wait another week. Fingers crossed that the snow has melted with the warm weather.
    PNW Buttercup likes this.
  12. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    My wife (TW200) and I (XT350) passed several (8-10) riders on the IDBDR between Deadwood Reservoir and Lowman. All we met were headed north. We were out for a day ride loop and not doing the IDBDR proper but did ride the section.
    We had spectators and I think so did some fellow Advriders. A couple of guys were camped right at the infamous water crossing. Thank goodness it was hot out and I rode both mine and my wife's bike through the water crossing. Refreshing it was indeed.
    Good luck IDBDR Advriders. If you remember passing my wife and I give out a shout!
    01.png

Attached Files:

• 01.png
      01.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    Ride Now, Humunn, PYG RYDR and 3 others like this.
  13. JMartin

JMartin Tres Libras

Oddometer:
    Chatted with 2 out of a group of 11! One had ridden his 1190 over the Lolo Motorway that morning. Said it wasn't the best bike for the ride, but that he was, "A big monkey." Bottom line, the Lolo Motorway is that clear. Jay
    misterk, HBL, Ride Now and 2 others like this.
  14. 20-MikeMike

20-MikeMike All Illusion, All The Time

Oddometer:
    Mornin' all, Three of us are staring out in Wallace this morning and heading south toward Blue Cabin. We'll let you know how it goes!
    misterk, NED RECK and Ladybug like this.
  15. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    @THANKS 20-MikeMike have a great ride. :thumb
  16. 4r22mny

4r22mny Old n' Slow

Oddometer:
    Hey Admiral ---- I must live in another reality somewhere. I thought I knew the roads between Lowman and Deadwood pretty well ----- but, I don't recognize that water crossing. Could you enlighten me?

thanx
    4r
  17. DrStrangeride

DrStrangeride Let them Eat Roost

Oddometer:
    Friends ran from Darby to Elk City and back last Friday on razors....so Magruder is definitely open.
  18. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is FS 545 about 4-5 miles north of Lowman off FS 582. There is a sign for Long Creek Summer Homes Area or something like that. FS 545 will basically parallel FS 582 but go up and over some ridges were FS 582 stays along the Clear Creek down below. FS 545 will Jct with FS 515 just east of FS 582 so you would have to turn left and go a 1/4 mile or so to junction back with FS 582. The water crossing is at the very beginning of FS 545 at the north. Southern end near the summer home area has a bridge. FYI we were actually going from north to south.
  19. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    WOW! @DrStrangeride, that is a name from the past. Kootenai Rider and I were just talking about you at the Triple B campout and wondering where you disappeared to.
  20. DrStrangeride

DrStrangeride Let them Eat Roost

Oddometer:
    Sherry,
    Glad to see you are still involved and still riding. Had not logged-in for a couple of years until today, but am still riding when I can. CRF450 is in the shop. Buddy (I think you met him at lunch along the St. Joe) is bringing my 650R up from Vegas. Plan to meet him at Darby for a ride to Elk city next monday. Again glad to hear from you guys and hope to re-engage with the group on a local ride.
    Ladybug likes this.