Next in the BDR series - NMBDR

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by eakins, Nov 7, 2014.

1. duggram

duggram Happy to be Retired Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just saw four dual sport singles on the main street of T or C and the riders had helmets on but were wearing shorts and sandals. All the license plates I saw were from California. It's not unusual to see dual sport riders in T or C. Most are carrying a lot of baggage and dressed in protective riding gear. These guy weren't. This is the first time I've seen some riders that were traveling so lightly. Maybe they were just day riders and not on the NMBDR. Just a strange site.
  2. PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR Adventure-Dual Sport

Oddometer:
    Maybe taking a day off riding to visit the local brewery!
    wbbnm likes this.
  3. duggram

duggram Happy to be Retired Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree that is a first class activity but these guys were heading out of town. They were just an interesting sight.
  4. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe back to a camp site. Sure sounds like BDR guys taking time off or just going into town for a meal.
    Sledred, PYG RYDR and duggram like this.
  5. motobizon

motobizon n00b

Oddometer:
    We're going to be riding from T/C to Reserve this weekend (sections 3-4). I'm meeting two buddies coming from Mexico and I will ride from AZ to T/C to meet them. I hope that the section is as fun as the AZ BDR so I can convince them to keep coming for more BDR. It seems that it'll be a bit cold for camping but the weather during the day should be pretty good. I'm a bit nervous about the sandy parts as I will be riding a wee-strom but I am really excited to start hitting the NM BDR in sections.
  6. SKINNY

SKINNY Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    don’t remember any sand on that section.
    a lot of loose rock if you take the harder route from Winston to Reserve
  7. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    True there is not much sand there. There might be some when you are actually doing the Chloride creek crossings.

I remember another short section in the Chloride creek leg somewhere around the Continental Divide crossing up on the ridges. It is only a few hundred yards long at the most, but is a bit on the nasty side. May be gone by now though.
  8. 2old2Bbold

2old2Bbold was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    Not much deep sand when we went thru there.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sledred likes this.
  9. Bartimus

Bartimus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He's coming from Arizona, there is sand on the AZbdr if he takes sections of that to get to NM