Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by eakins, Aug 13, 2011.
What were night time temps like in June? I'll also be going in June of this year.
What about night time temps in early June?
As a reference, I rode out of St. George in late July last year, camped 3 nights, 1st was at higher elevation near Duck Creek, got down to 45F, 2nd north of Kanab and upper 80s at night, 3rd at Whitehouse CG also not far from Kanab, low 90s but cooler after a brief sprinkle. Lower elevation during mid day was 100-106.
YIKES! 80 at night in Texas is NOT camping weather.
It’s a “dry heat”. You know, like an oven!
Agree, was my 1st trip out there and normally cools off a bit more than that at night I'm told.
You can control this a bit by not camping up against a west-facing cliff
Also the scenery and amazing riding make up for any climate issues, I can't wait to get back albeit hopefully a cooler time of year.
Thank you for the kind words
I talked to Jess at the Valles Trading Post RV Park in Mexican Hat. As been previously mentioned, he confirmed the $5.00 a day parking deal. Guy sounded quite the character. He also thought he was talking to a hot chick. I know my voice isn't Barry White but it sure as hell doesn't sound like Michael Jackson.
Does anyone know how the snow totals have been this year? Planning a trip May 21 - 31. Just wanted an idea if we can expect the Northern parts to be clear. Otherwise we might stay in Moab and add an extra loop trail or two. If there is a website I am missing where I can track this please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Snow has been good this year. The North may still have snow in May.
Is there any updates on the parks in Utah. I plan on starting this ride The first couple of weeks in June. I like to camp along the way.
The natl. parks around Moab are still closed, no opening date. All BLM and Forest Service camping is limited to local residents.
Well crap. We were thinking of hitting the first three or four sections over memorial day weekend. I guess I'll hit up BLM website for details.
MOAB has an update here https://www.discovermoab.com/covid-19/ Looks like there are still some options but wild camping and parks like Canyonlands is still closed. Hopefully some relief as of May 25th.
I am planning on starting the UTBDR 1st week of June. Let me know what you find out. Any updates or recommendations from locals are much appreciated.
I was in Goblin Valley a few weeks ago and a friend of mine was camping there on the blm land not the state park. I'm sure you can camp on the outskirts of anything out there if you wanted. We even talked with the dnr officer while at the enterance looking at the map, he was nice enough to provide us with a nice map also.
Probably can't stay in moab though, but if your just passing through I say go for it.
This was on 4/19 when I was there.
Looking at starting the UTBDR starting June 7. Any updates about the route, camping, closures Re-supply etc. would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
all state park and most towns/businesses are back to being open near 100%. Not sure if the National Parks are yet. Most snow is gone in high passes.... except the Very Northern portion. You could still see snow above 9k feet