NEXX X.D1 Dualsport Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Dualsportrider12, Nov 28, 2014.

1. MikePike

MikePike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pulled the helmet off and on about 15 times today. Purposely just yanking it off to see how the new tabs (pictured in my previous post above) worked.

Happy to say no cheek pad issues so far now. The squarish replacement tabs seem to be the trick.
    Shockstrom1000 and bikeroz like this.
  2. whatsupdoc

whatsupdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Left cheek pad keeps coming out. I can get hardly into my size helmet (L). Once I got in it's ok, but taking it off is painful. So instead of L I got Xl which fits comfortably but at high speeds is not tight enough. Need a different one.
  3. Deviant

Deviant aka KTM 1290SAdvR

Oddometer:
    DSC00839.JPG DSC00840.JPG Saw the new colors at INTERMOT, looks really nice... too bad I just bought a Baja :(

Only had it behind glass.
  4. KTM 1190advR

KTM 1190advR Enema of the state Supporter

Oddometer:
    But the new baja looks nice:thumb
    The one on the picture there is the 2017-edition? Called Canyon?
  5. Deviant

Oddometer:
    Yeah
  6. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks so much for posting this. I finally bought a new Pinlock and decided to see if I could adjust the plate to reduce the scraping. The good news is, it looks as if the Pinlock is no longer dragging against the gasket. At least it looks like it isn't and time will tell.

Now for the bad news. I discovered another quality issue with the helmet. On the right side, when I loosened the screws, the plate didn't move. I noticed some plastic flashing between the helmet and the plate so I removed the screws and used my fingernail to pick out the flashing. As I did, the brass fitting with the threads on the top screw fell out of place!

Holy crap!!!! I could see it rolling around just inside the helmet between the shell and the EPS. there is no way to retrieve this piece without cutting the EPS. Using a paper clip and turning the helmet upside down, I was able to get the screw hole back into position and with a little help, I was able to get the screw started. I did get it back together, but I consider myself very lucky. I was sure it would need to be sent back to Nexx.

This kind of cements my view that this is a really good mid-level helmet. It has all the features I want but just falls short of being the top quality helmet I want. Why in the hell will no top-tier manufacturer build a helmet with the same features? None do! Not a single other high end helmet includes both an internal sun shade and a peak in a full face DS helmet. Ugh.
  7. KTM 1190advR

KTM 1190advR Enema of the state Supporter

Oddometer:
    My voyager was the first edition and you won't hear me complain about the helmet at all. During my crash in August I had a really, really hard faceplant, so hard I was blind for a short while and after that severly blurred vision and constant bells ringing in my ears...
    Safe to say the helmet saved the day.
    I'll get me a new one...
    Also, I will never again even concider a helmet without a beak, the beak reduced the impact by a million Newtons... To say the least...
  8. shardival

shardival Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Guys - I think I will get that helmet. But I have two questions. Is there any differences between Voyager and Baja (except colors ofc)? Also - how about noise. My present helmet is crappy LS2, so I guess almost any better helmet gonna be much better :D

EDIT: ok, nevermind question about baja and voyager :D
  9. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Reminder I have a medium for sale
  10. KaNi

KaNi 1190

Oddometer:
    Did you get the pinlock included on the Voyager from Louis?
  11. Deviant

Oddometer:
    I've bought several from Louis, all came with a pinlock.
    KaNi likes this.
  12. KaNi

KaNi 1190

Oddometer:
    Bought the Voyager black and white today. Got it for 268euro. That's acceptable :)
    Schussboelie likes this.
  13. Urng_KoolAid

Urng_KoolAid Can It Whoolie?!

Oddometer:
    Where's the best place to order one of these? Seems like they are $499 anywhere I look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JC100 likes this.
  14. KaNi

KaNi 1190

Oddometer:
  15. Deviant

Oddometer:
    Nice. I just picked up a canyon. My Voyager was getting a little long in the tooth and I prefer having two helmets. Plus my Baja is SO orange.
    KaNi likes this.
  16. KaNi

KaNi 1190

Oddometer:
    From the 2017 collection?
  17. Deviant

Oddometer:
    Yeah
  18. Deviant

Oddometer:
    Took at look at my Canyon today and seems they've given up on the quick release. Few other cosmetic changes too.
    2017-03-23 08.16.57.jpg
  19. Deviant

Oddometer:
    In hindsight I can see that even the one I took a picture of at INTERMOT was missing the quick release pads. Kind of crap that I have a less functional helmet now.
  20. KaNi

KaNi 1190

Oddometer:
    Yea, that sucks!

How tight is this helmet? I can barely get it on; is that "normal"? I know the size should be right...