NEXX X.D1 Dualsport Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Dualsportrider12, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Urng_KoolAid

Urng_KoolAid Can It Whoolie?!

Oddometer:
    I just got my Voyager in the mail from RevZilla. It still has the emergency cheek pads.

[​IMG]

Can anyone tell me what this is for?!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    waylongway likes this.
  2. Deviant

Deviant aka KTM 1290SAdvR

Oddometer:
    It's for your shield, should you buy a second one.
  3. Schussboelie

Schussboelie Kicking up dirt Supporter

Oddometer:
    What he said.
    Or should you ride with goggles and would want to carry the visor along.
    Like I did in '15, 10 days offroad south to north through Finland with goggles on and visor tucked away, 10 days on road back down north to south through Norway with visor in place.
  4. JC100

JC100 Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^ so would that be an older stock Voyager then if it still has emergency pull cheek pads? I take it the new canyons definitely don't have them and that's one difference. Just trying to decide which model to get as if the new models are slightly different with positive upgrades I'll get one of those but if they make "new" voyagers with the same upgrades I can spend less and get that model instead.
  5. Urng_KoolAid

Oddometer:
    So I noticed one of the cheek pads had some stitching coming undone from the plastic that clips it in place along the edge of the helmet. Shot RevZilla customer service a message along with a picture of it. They are shipping me replacement cheek pads. I'm curious if they will be emergency pull or the updated pads. Honestly I wouldn't worry about the emergency pull. I checked to make sure they were installed properly when installing my Sena and they are very snug. I've tugged a few times on the emergency strap and they didn't budge.
  6. Urng_KoolAid

Oddometer:
    In regards to the Sena installation; very easy to do. I did have to trim a small bit of plastic off the X-Com like others have stated for the clamp to fit. Also, the "stock" location for the speakers didn't work for me. They were to high up on my years and created a pressure point at the very tip of my ear. I moved them lower and forward and it is loads better. I don't have to turn the Sena up nearly as much to hear. I also really like the preformed position for the microphone. Makes using the wired mic a very nice install.

IMG_7345.JPG
    IMG_7347.JPG
    IMG_7348.JPG
    IMG_7346.JPG
  7. Deviant

Oddometer:
    I just got done ripping appart both Baja and Canyon to install the Xcom and two things come to mind. 1) What a pain in the ass putting the helmets back together is and 2) What the fuck?! (more on that in a second)
    DSC01075.JPG

So on the the WTF:
    The cheek pads are nearly identical between the two. Top is the pad from my old Voyager, bottom is from the Canyon. The U shaped section is slightly longer and the bottom two tabs have been changed, you can also see the remnants of the pull tab. Looks like they just cut them off?! Since I never had an issue with the pads falling out I just put the Voyager ones back and am "saving" the Canyon ones so I can retain the safety of the quick release.
    DSC01073.JPG

Think these are going to be my last Xd1's, once they are done I'm moving on to the next new thing...
    waylongway likes this.
  8. kojack06

kojack06 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    On the surface these helmets look great but my observation is the company needs to pay more attention to quality control.
    TigerTanker likes this.
  9. Deviant

Oddometer:
    I will say QC has gone up since the Voyager. Fit and Finish is noticeably better on my Baja and the cheek pads are nicer on my Canyon. Just not sure what they were thinking ditching the quick release pull tab...

That said, I almost never use the internal visor since I prefer the full tinted so that won't be a limiting factor looking for a new lid in 2ish years.
  10. JutSeguin

JutSeguin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quick review of my XD-1:

I bought one about two years ago to ride on my DRZ because it looked cool and I wanted a more dual sporty helmet than my streetbike helmet.
    Model: I don't know exactly which version, but it was mostly black with a little orange.
    Fit: Small. Smaller than my Scorpion Exo 1100 or my MX helmet (I don't remember the brand), but around the same size as my 509 Snowmobile helmet. I wear a large in all my helmets. The sizing Nexx suggests isn't even close, go bigger. I measured at a Medium, and the large was still a tight fit.
    Comfort: Quite comfortable. A little loud at speed, but I didn't buy it to go fast.
    Quality: It seemed good. On par with any other helmet I've looked at.
    Function: It worked well for what helmets are for, crashing. I wore it downhill mountain biking last year because I sold the DRZ and didn't use the helmet for anything else. I crashed hard, pretty much right on to my face on a hard packed gravel/rocky trail. I over shot a good sized jump, landed on my front wheel and ate it. The helmet was completely trashed. Scratched all up one side, cracked in one place and the visor was torn off. Pieces of the helmet, as well as my bike and my gear, were laying on the trail. Did I mention how I landed on my face? I was pretty woozy, probably had a minor concussion, didn't throw up, but took a few minutes just to stand up. My head and face however had no visible signs of injury, so after a little nap and some food and drink I was feeling much better. The helmet did it's job well.
  11. aGremlin

aGremlin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We have a lot of glare in New Zealand, so during bright summer I use the tint internal plus a light smoke visor to give a comfortable tint level.
  12. World Traveler

World Traveler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What is the newest helmet of the XD1? The Voyager, Baja of the Canyon.

...and what is the difference between those three?

I not wanna buy an new as old helmet in the sale of course. :augie

Last question, will fit the 100% of Scotts OTG goggles with the shield on?
  13. waylongway

waylongway madmax Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1.....

[​IMG]

Any body got one lately...? Size fit ture...?
  14. Deviant

Oddometer:
    Canyon is the newest, then Baja, then Voyager.
    It fits my Oakley goggles, not sure about 100% of scotts....
    Consensus is seems they fit true but are tighter than normal getting on and off.
    waylongway likes this.
  15. JC100

JC100 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered a Canyon today from FCMoto. Also added the xcom some quick strap adapters and did a check around for goggles that would fit. Scott Split OTG and Tyrant are supposed to fit according to a Revzilla thread I found. Hopefully the M I ordered fits fine. I'm not a large in any other helmet and my measurement was 58.5. I don't mind if it's snug, they always wear in after a while.
  16. BkADV

BkADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hey owners of the nexx xd1, do you have an ece label on your chin strap? I believe it should be something like "E1" or "E2" something like that

thanks

the one i received from revzilla(with the red tabs on cheek pads) did not have any label on the chin strap so it is not ece rated
  17. World Traveler

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I will order soon a Nexx helmet. Hope it fits, i have now a Shoei Neotec systemhelmet and that fits perfect!
  18. 1190 Noob

1190 Noob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any current deals on these helmets?
  19. JC100

JC100 Long timer

Oddometer:
    FC Moto was the best price I found.

My helmet came in, great fit but as others have said it's snug getting it on and off. I'm hoping that translates into a slightly quieter helmet but we will see. I'm impressed with the features. I may actually use the ergo fit system to get the fit perfect for me. I'm concerned there's a bit too much room around the ears but when I put the xcom in that might all change. I'm very glad I didn't size up with this helmet as it would have been too big. As it is I may consider getting a small head liner and keep the medium cheek pads in but that's because I like my helmets really snug. Let's see what the ergo fit system does first. Also, my canyon does NOT have the quick release cheekpads as far as I can see.
  20. World Traveler

Oddometer: