NEXX X.D1 Dualsport Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Dualsportrider12, Nov 28, 2014.

1. GreyThumper

GreyThumper Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone regularly ride the XD.1 without the peak? One of the reasons I'm considering this lid is that it has blanking plates for riding with the peak removed (and the helmet looks pretty good without the peak. Are the noise and aerodynamics significantly improved without it?
  2. ErikMotoMan

ErikMotoMan Airbag crash survivor!

Oddometer:
    In Motorcycle Heaven since 1990 - So Cal!
    Canyon arrived Saturday. Outstanding finish, absolutely gorgeous. Normally I wear a size L, ordered XL, glad I did, it's a tight fit! Haven't had a chance to go for a ride yet, will report back when I do. Also got the intercom, will be interested in seeing if it is indeed 'better' than my other SENA 10c.
  3. ErikMotoMan

ErikMotoMan Airbag crash survivor!

Oddometer:
    In Motorcycle Heaven since 1990 - So Cal!
    IMG_6913.JPG

IMG_6914.JPG

IMG_6912.JPG
    waylongway likes this.
  4. waylongway

waylongway madmax Supporter

Oddometer:
    My Baja showed up today....!:clap

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wear a M (7 1/8) And was worried that it would be too small.....:uhoh But it fit fine ...Almost a little loose...It seems to want to push my head forward towards the mouth guard but after a few tries on and off I got over it .....:knary

I want to get the intercom as I'm about done w/ ear buds....:becca Can someone chime in on the sound and performance that has it ....?:ear
  5. bikeroz

bikeroz Long timer

Oddometer:
    I never had intercom before until my X.Com. Also tired of earbuds.
    I love mine and have no issues with it. Just had to turn down the voice command sensitivity setting (as I am not using it). The default setting sometimes had the wind noise causing the x.com thinking it is some or other command and then doesn't recognise it and disconnected bluetooth with phone.
    waylongway likes this.
  6. thomas.vancouter

thomas.vancouter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I remove the peak when riding on the highway. For the difference is very significant, i'm riding a desert sled and with the peak it feels like my head gets ripped off. Without peak much better.

Sound level I find difficult to say. In comparison to my 200 euro hjc helmet it's better but not to much. I wear earplugs anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. agreenmartian

agreenmartian Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone fitted a Sena 10R/SMH-10R in one of these using the X-COM battery spot? Not interested in the X-COM because I won Sena's new RC4 remote and it won't work with it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  8. agreenmartian

agreenmartian Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Update: it does fit. Plenty of room.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  9. waylongway

waylongway madmax Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are you saying it fits in the Xcom hole or in the lid itself...?

How is the 10r for sound....? trying to get away from ear buds but all the reviews say all speakers suck no matter what....:dunno
  10. agreenmartian

agreenmartian Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The battery fits in the hole, 10R battery is much more compact than X-COM. Haven't ridden with it but seems adequate volume. Not anywhere near audiophile quality, but I wasn't expecting it to be.
    waylongway likes this.
  11. Hoseli

Hoseli Adventurer

Oddometer:
    X-Com is basically the sena 10smhr but in a different form. The remote should work with it no problem.
    What comes to audio, buy a set of Koss portapro from amazon and do a switch with the oroginal speakers, sooo much better.
  12. maxjett

maxjett Ride with Rocko Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've always thought my XD1 was pretty quiet almost like my GT-Air but I recently put a sport windscreen on my GSAw and while the GT-Air was ok with wind and noise the XD-1 with beak was unbearable so i took the beak off and test ride was much better and looks ok without it on. But the advantage of the beak for me is that evening sunset ride which I can blockout.
  13. MikePike

MikePike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I figured since I posted in this a bit ago with the cheekpad issue and showed some of the new tabs Nexx sent me it was only fair to post up some updated information.

The EPS foam in my helmet that sits between my head and the inner sunshade separated from the helmet. A bit disconcerting and enough for me to check out warranty information from Nexx. Good news two year warranty, bad news I can't deal directly with Nexx but have to go through the vendor. This isn't a big deal really as Revzilla CS is pretty damn good.

Waiting to hear back from Revzilla on the status of the return and as soon as I can figure out a way to post up some reduced size pics I will post them here for clarification on what prompted me to toss my favorite helmet in a box back to the vendor.

Now my dilemma is do I get another Nexx or try my luck with the Arai... I'm a bit bummed because aside from the cheekpad issue this helmet felt really good. But a year and a half isn't my idea of longevity for the price point. Not a positive or a negative post just general information.

IMG_0145.JPG
    Why is this coming down as a solid piece

IMG_0144.JPG
    This is what it should look like

IMG_0143.JPG
    Not sure if that is supposed to come out but I don't think so. This sits between the sunshade and my head.

IMG_0142.JPG

That foam sits there....
  14. wonderings

wonderings Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I am heading out on a 2 week trip this Friday, was going to take my C3 Pro but the SRC has gone flakey and no longer connects to my Nav. I have decided to take my XD1. One feature I cannot seem to find, and it might not be there, is the volume adjustment based on speed. With my C3 Pro SRC the goes up the faster I go and goes down when I slow down. I love this feature but do not see anything about it in the manual for the X-com. Am I missing it or is it not there?
  15. wonderings

wonderings Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I am heading out on a 2 week trip this Friday, was going to take my C3 Pro but the SRC has gone flakey and no longer connects to my Nav. I have decided to take my XD1. One feature I cannot seem to find, and it might not be there, is the volume adjustment based on speed. With my C3 Pro SRC the goes up the faster I go and goes down when I slow down. I love this feature but do not see anything about it in the manual for the X-com. Am I missing it or is it not there?
  16. bikeroz

bikeroz Long timer

Oddometer:
    not there
  17. Deviant

Deviant aka KTM 1290SAdvR

Oddometer:
    bikeroz likes this.
  18. wallygatoresq

wallygatoresq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is a good price even including shipping to the US.

Has anyone ordered from louis.eu and shipped to the US? If so we're you happy with the service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  19. Deviant

Deviant aka KTM 1290SAdvR

Oddometer:
    They do not ship to the US.
  20. wallygatoresq

wallygatoresq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The site specifically says VAT and shipping to the US not included in the process but doesn't exclude shipping to the US.

That link you posted prices shipping to the US when you add it to a cart and start checkout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro