NEXX X.D1 Dualsport Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Dualsportrider12, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Deviant

Deviant aka KTM 1290SAdvR

Oddometer:
    That's super odd. But it's pretty well established Louis does not ship to the US, it's all over this thread and others. Their shipping page does not include the US and if you keep going in the checkout you won't be able to select it when filling out your address. (I just tried)

I shopped from them extensively when I lived in Germany and am super bummed about the shipping. Maybe it's changing soon?
    https://www.louis.eu/service/kaufen-und-versenden/versandkosten
  2. wallygatoresq

wallygatoresq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I didn't get that far just picked the country no address. Too bad. Thanks for helping clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  3. wallygatoresq

wallygatoresq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I emailed them and got a response back quickly -

Unfortunately this should be a website problem, we are going to clear the problem as soon as possible,
    thank you very much for your kind information.
    We don’t ship to the USA, this is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Deviant likes this.
  4. Limp636

Limp636 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,

Stupid question: Is there a difference (maybe technical updates?) in Voyager vs Baja vs the newest Canyon?

I'm a little bit interested in this helmet, considering it's still 200E at Louis.
  5. Deviant

Oddometer:
    Yes, the helmets were updated slightly over the years. Most notably the cheek pads/liners and the canyon has much nicer paint. The canyon also has a gloss peak where the Baja is matt. Also the XCom was updated to include an antenna last year.
    Limp636 likes this.
  6. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    I'm now looking at replacing my MX-9 with one of these, partially also because they're on closeout. Can anyone comment on how the fit is between the Nexx XD1 and the Arai XD4? I tried on an XD4 a few weeks ago and it fit like a glove, it was easily the most comfortable helmet I've ever tried on. Sadly, there are a few downsides to that helmet that make me shy away from it, namely the fact that the Pinlock doesn't work very well (I ride below freezing so this is a must), and it doesn't have an internal sun shade (not necessary, but nice in the Nexx).

Unfortunately there are no Nexx dealers nearby me, so I haven't been able to try one on. I'm curious about fit between the two, and also airflow and noise comparisons.
  7. Deviant

Oddometer:
    Revzilla will exchange for free I think.
  8. Allucaneat

Allucaneat When do we stop to eat? Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Nexx XD1 will fit more snugly than the Arai XD4, especially when new (I went from the Arai to the Nexx). I would also point out that the Nexx sizing chart would have put me in a medium, when the XL was almost too tight to get on when it was new. Just get the same size you normally wear in other helmets.

As far as airflow and noise, I don't really notice airflow in any helmet with vents, so I can't really comment there. Noise between the two is about the same. The visor on the Nexx has a more water tight fit, where rain would drip down the inside of the visor on my XD4.

Bottom line, I've had both and I prefer the Nexx to the Arai. Hope this helps some.
  9. SRTie4k

Oddometer:
    Yes that does help, thanks. Water ingress was also a big concern, as both my Bell RS1 street and MX9 offroad helmets leak water currently, it's really annoying.
  10. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    A long time ago (OMG, almost two years? I had no idea!) I put up a review of the comparison of my Arai and new Nexx helmet on my website: http://dantesdame.com/main/nexx-xd1-helmet-review I don't know how well it will answer your questions, but its free to look at :D
    Deviant likes this.
  11. Superstardawg

Superstardawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,

If any of you could help a new rider with some questions i would be forever gratefull

I got a deal for the nexx xd1 canyon for 175 euros, from a uk store. The question that i have is, any of you have bought from uk knows what the helmet brings? From the nexx email it should bring everything including pinlock and quick strap, but they also said it depends from country to country.

The other question is about helmet size, im a new rider from a small island in portugal we dont have many helmet stores available even less with nexx helmets, so i took the chart and it puts me in a M. Im just afraid it will be too tight. Any of you could advice me? Its either M or XL that they have in stock.

Thank you so very much, and please forgive any spelling mistakes.
  12. Deviant

Oddometer:
    Euro get's the pinlock, US does not. Nexx is a portuguese company you might be better off getting one from a local dealer. If not german dealers have them on closeout now too.

The Xd1 fits snug but loosens up. Only way to know if it fits is to try it on. But if the chart has you as an M then I'd for sure not get an XL...
  13. Superstardawg

Superstardawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,

Well, i dont have a "local dealer" with nexx helmets, i have a couple of dealers far from where i live, they could order one if i ask them to, but i would have to pay upfront ( 25% of the value ) non refundable if i didn't buy, therefore i cannot try it, plus they are asking for more than 400 usd.

The deal i have is for the nexx xd1 canyon, nexx xcom, and the dark visor, for 537.37 US Dollar. Thank you for your advice, ill for sure get the M, and maybe hope for the best? :)

Extremely happy to get the helmet and starting riding for the very first time.

Thank you once more!
    Deviant likes this.
  14. Schussboelie

Schussboelie Kicking up dirt Supporter

Oddometer:
    Quick strap is not included, quick strap mounts are.
  15. Superstardawg

Superstardawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,

From the email i got from nexx this is what it should come in normal conditions:

-pinlock;

-kit ergopadding;

Acessories:

Lateral camera mount support;

Top camera mount support;

Quick strap system;

Front ventilation;

I guess you are right, i miss understood what they said. I allways tought that they shipped the box to the stores and then sell it, i guess shop owners open them before selling? I dont know what can i expect in terms of accessories, because it " may vary " from country to country.. when i email them ( the shop ) all they said is " it comes with what it should come ".. no list of parts or any descrition..

Thank you for the correct information.
  16. Superstardawg

Superstardawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,

Thank you for the message! I dont know how to pm, but what i did was, i asked a price match from louis.de and i got the discounts for the helmet,visor,and the xcom.

But thank you once again for the information!
  17. arnaguedes

arnaguedes n00b

Oddometer:
    18000km review

the trip
  18. Dr. Beat

Dr. Beat Rock steady

Oddometer:
  19. SRTie4k

Oddometer:
    I wonder why they never brought the "Sierra" solid color here. I love it.

Instead thinking about getting a Matte Titanium solid XD1. Does anyone know if the "solid" helmets are updated like the Baja and Canyon?
  20. Superstardawg

Superstardawg n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,

well.. i got my helmet yay :D but i think i f....ed up. The size chart had me on a M, it's a pain to get it on, but after getting it on a feel a little bit of movement, even when i close the visor i feel the helmet moving down just a bit. Now my question is, will a smaller inner lining help? or cheekpads? Since the shell size goes from S to M i belive, would this help me out? This is what i get for living on the end of the world, whithout a freaking store..

Thank you for any feedback